The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 7,616 views: 313,330
wagtunes 8 hours ago

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 6,295 views: 376,360
mikeg09 22 hours ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 34 views: 25,969
HSA7 22nd February 2014

So I'm starting to really dive into the chord functions when making my progressions. I understnad the whole tonic-sub-dominant...

ty45
replies: 16 views: 809
12tone 2 hours ago

Hello Everyone, Apologies if a thread like this has been made. Anyway, I've been learning and making music for the past few...

glasspipe
replies: 45 views: 1,937
s wave 13 hours ago

Please see the attached study.

danika
replies: 2 views: 596
theblue1 1 day ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 379 views: 29,641
Herr Weiss 1 day ago

Hello, I have a problem recognizing the beats structure. I don't know where the chorus, verse or silence should be. I was...

dawe897
replies: 0 views: 653
dawe897 1 day ago

What I'm asking, is that do you have a song/tune in mind first (regardless of the lyrics), then look for the instruments to...

stixstudios
replies: 3 views: 549
Ed Driscoll 2 days ago

Can you give me some off the top of my head? There are only 2 right now that I can think of because I haven't listened to much...

ryst
replies: 237 views: 102,310
redhenry 4 days ago

This is a decent show for pop songwriting; considering it's on national TV. Are you watching? What are you likes and dislikes...

s wave
replies: 15 views: 852
s wave 4 days ago

I spent the last year analyzing most songs i have ever liked in my life and even more songs which i have never liked but were...

DaPear
replies: 59 views: 3,595
RyanC 5 days ago

Hello all! So I just released a new single and I would love to hear how it translates to you...

Val_Verrel
replies: 0 views: 519
Val_Verrel 5 days ago

Particularly that softer dance kick and the rest of the sounds save the acoustic ones. What virtual instruments are used these...

Musician
replies: 2 views: 630
Dave Polich 5 days ago

Hey guys been ten years since i was writing and im back say a week and im after noticing that the structure I used doesn't seem...

Tommyfergie
replies: 2 views: 672
Owen L T 6 days ago

Hello all just wanted to share a video for my new track which I also edited. Would be great to hear from you...

Val_Verrel
replies: 2 views: 589
Val_Verrel 1 week ago

Hi! So I have been thinking about this for a while and also had a chat with my manager about it as he had the same impression....

CarlCarlsson
replies: 210 views: 9,670
s wave 1 week ago

It's been a while Slutz.:lol: Some of you I fondly remember from many discussions. I have a new user name because I'm not the...

swaytowngina
replies: 37 views: 1,398
JEK3 2 weeks ago

I'm searching some hit songs and looking at their lyrics to get better at songwriting... I really like Blur and Gorillaz -- but...

cheguevara93
replies: 10 views: 473
creegstor 2 weeks ago

Hello to all, Is there anyone who can help me understand the publishing division? TuneCore fails to give me an explanation,...

djcandu
replies: 3 views: 573
newguy1 2 weeks ago

Hello, I tend to come up quickly with chords, harmonies and melodies for songs but rarely finish them. I get stuck...

toka
replies: 4 views: 569
Rossd25 2 weeks ago

Hello there, would appreciate some of your tips for songwriting, please! 1. what comes first music or words? 2. do you...

Sonic_X
replies: 17 views: 1,289
willem1958 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm from Germany and I'll write Lyrics most in german language. I'm not the typicall by Hand-Guy to write just with...

R&B-Vocalisto
replies: 8 views: 688
J.Good 2 weeks ago

Do these words rhyme? imagine them in a verse. ...smile ...five ...now ...nods ...choice

cheguevara93
replies: 8 views: 453
J.Good 2 weeks ago

Hello all! Would love some feedback on my latest track... Out of...

Val_Verrel
replies: 6 views: 512
Val_Verrel 2 weeks ago

Hello My band is gonna play these three songs on saturday. How does it sound? I am the singer i bought a new microphone and...

SwedishSinger
replies: 1 views: 348
Bushman 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I was very glad to discover this thread on GS- I love geeking out about gear, tones, and recording techniques but...

stephenhero6
replies: 7 views: 866
Dave Polich 2 weeks ago

I would like members of the Community to give their opinions of Rap Music... I am fully aware of all the negative connotations...

FraternalHouse
replies: 663 views: 48,369
Captain 8 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 310
swaytowngina 2 weeks ago

Came across some music by Quincy Jones on another forum and I'm trying to find out what instruments make up the very first sound...

red tape
replies: 3 views: 529
red tape 3 weeks ago

Hi all. Part of my effort to step outside of my songwriting comfort zone involves trying to learn songs that sound unconventional...

suburbanbeat
replies: 10 views: 1,019
suburbanbeat 3 weeks ago

I went around for years saying, "Oh, my influences are far too expansive to list." Until some time ago, I realised that...

johnny nowhere
replies: 19 views: 1,119
bitman 3 weeks ago

Sorry not sure what else to call it or how to describe it.....basically it's when you hear a turn of a phrase or something...

bill5
replies: 13 views: 1,234
newguy1 3 weeks ago

So I've been known to write a Christian rock song or two over the years. I'm not a Christian artist per se, but I do like the...

cwillms
replies: 7 views: 540
pquinn 3 weeks ago

I am looking for a distribution platform that can offer both streaming and digital store sales, with the ability to select which...

Deleted fcbdeac
replies: 25 views: 1,441
theblue1 3 weeks ago

Some of my favorite video shows have a particular formula. That formula has both fixed elements and variable elements. Often...

jabney
replies: 0 views: 425
jabney 3 weeks ago

Is it okay to use a capella vocals from youtube, if u don't sell the song? Do you always have to ask permission?

Ja Man
replies: 29 views: 956
monomer 4 weeks ago

I was reading an article about how Genius.com put "morse code" into "its" song lyrics to prove that Google...

TheRealSPH3
replies: 15 views: 638
cwillms 4 weeks ago

Hello all! So I just released a new single and I would love to hear how it translates to you all... ...

Val_Verrel
replies: 4 views: 713
Val_Verrel 4 weeks ago

Hi, I`m looking for RnB male singer for short project. There is only one condition that is english native speaker. Lyrics are...

aljaz
replies: 0 views: 474
aljaz 4 weeks ago

untitledyesterdaymessed.wav - Google Drive I dont know what I was thinking. I had to fade the wav after about 30 seconds....

mark1971
replies: 11 views: 1,171
mark1971 14th June 2019

I'm a newb to writing drum parts and was interested in the sub-percussions at the...

goom
replies: 7 views: 701
Sybille 14th June 2019

Currently semi-new to home recording, was curious if anyone would like to share songs and collaborate for fun ? Cubase...

bchaase
replies: 1 views: 522
bainmack 12th June 2019

Hi! I have 5-10 very good (synthpop) tracks which I want to release (all superbly produced, mastered), but I need to start...

TOG1250
replies: 2 views: 699
TOG1250 9th June 2019

Hi! I just bought Oek sound Soothe. Where do you like using this plugin in your vocal processing chain? To me, it seems...

TOG1250
replies: 2 views: 687
SpicyPonyHead 4th June 2019
replies: 0 views: 458
Somasu 4th June 2019

Hi guys, Do I suck, or is my singing acceptable ? Here are two random clips. How would you rate my singing & my pitch ? I...

Lucifer
replies: 12 views: 1,027
Uncovered Pitch 4th June 2019

Can anyone recommend a musicologist for a copyright infringement case who can analyze 2 pieces of music to show what...

exgato
replies: 1 views: 559
top40 3rd June 2019

I know that's a dumb question but I was never working with vocals before... What kind of articulations should I use. I'd make a...

Deleted 478012d
replies: 0 views: 517
Deleted 478012d 2nd June 2019
replies: 0 views: 600
IGotWorms 30th May 2019

Hi, so I am working with someone and we are working on her song. (Singer songwriter type stuff). I need some tips on how to...

telecode
replies: 7 views: 909
terrible.dee 29th May 2019

I put 2 songs in my music website: "A Mystery to Me" is the song on top, and "Catch You Somehow" is the next...

aaron aardvark
replies: 0 views: 530
aaron aardvark 27th May 2019

Hey good people of Gearslutz, just wondering if anybody here is nocturnal like me and how they deal with the problem of volume...

Vityaz
replies: 11 views: 991
s wave 26th May 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search