The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tove Lo's producer team
Old 17th October 2014

Tove Lo's producer team

Don't know if this is the correct forum for this type of question. Maybe we need a sub-forum focussed solely on producers.

Since Tove Lo's EP Truth Serum came out I became an instant fan. Love the songs, sound, production, mix, everything.

I'd love to know more about the production team The Struts who did the songs that I liked the most on Queen of the clouds (full album).

The CD credits show that The Struts work for Wolf Cousins Production which I can't find more information about other than the actual name. Funny since this album is #4 on Billboard's Hot 100.

Other credits show that it was mixed by Lars Norgren at Ramtitam Studios which use to be Maratone. That's fishy because I actually heard about Tove Lo because of a Max Martin interview or comment.

Anybody know anything about this production team? who are they? where do they work?

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th October 2014
Here for the gear

idk, but I surely know who's style they are replicating...Joel Little
Old 18th October 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeTee_hz View Post
idk, but I surely know who's style they are replicating...Joel Little
Cool, thanks for the tip.
Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

At 1st I was like...who? So I went to google and found her. I know I heard her song "Habits" in the summer but didn't know who sang it. The music is sort of that chill style easy listening genre. I like it and the production was well arranged.
Old 18th October 2014
Gear Maniac

Lol at Queen of the Clouds being listed as "Alternative" on iTunes......it's pop music with "alternative" sounds.
Old 19th October 2014
Lives for gear
Tove Lo herself is part of Max Martins writing team and she has written songs for other artists. One would then think she would have written her own songs. At least she writes all lyrics.
Old 19th October 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
Tove Lo herself is part of Max Martins writing team and she has written songs for other artists.
Yes, thanks, that's how I heard about her in the first place.

After digging some more, I'd not surprise me that Wolf Cousins is Max Martin's new production team's name or something like that.

A song from Jennifer Lopez called First Love listed them as writers (Max Martin, Savan Kotecha) and says that it was recorded at Wolf Cousins Studios.

Mmm who may "the Struts" be?
Old 20th October 2014
Gear Head

From the wikipedia page on Maratone (which Wolf Cousin Studios redirects to):

"In 2013, the production entity Wolf Cousins was created in Stockholm, with songs such as "First Love" by Jennifer Lopez and "Problem" by Ariana Grande being recorded in the Wolf Cousins Studios."

So there's the Max Martin link.

As far as The Struts are concerned, I couldn't find much other than this interview with Tove Lo:

Tove Lo: Swedish Pop’s Janis Joplin | NOISEY

"Do you have one producer that you're exclusively working with?
Two, they're a team they're called The Struts. They're anonymous. They're Swedish and super awesome. They know exactly what I like and we've worked together now a lot. When I was in my first band, they had this venue outside of Stockholm and they booked bands. So that's how I found them. Then we didn't see each other for years. When I signed to Warner/Chappell as a songwriter, they were signed as producers. One day I saw one of the guys walk out the bathroom and they were like, ‘What the **** are you doing here?! We've been listening to your demos we had no idea that was you.’ That was really hilarious. Then we started working together and they're just the best."

So they're signed producers who prefer to work anonymously...
Old 6th February 2015

Old 13th April 2015
Have to add that I really like her EP too...
Old 19th April 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz View Post
Amazing video, thank you for posting!
Old 19th April 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAsh View Post
Amazing video, thank you for posting!
You're welcome.
Old 4th July 2015
Gear Addict

Awesome video, thanks for sharing it! I've been listing to that song a lot lately. I was trying to figure out how to make that pad song that you can hear pretty clearly at the start of it (Talking Body) and throughout... is it an organ sound that's been heavily filtered and processed? Can't seem to make it quite right with standard synth oscillators. Any ideas or pointers on how to make that sort of sound?
Old 30th July 2015
Here for the gear

I've been also searching for info about The Struts. I just could find their names: Jakob Jerlström and Ludvig Söderberg and some of their songwriting and producer credits: "Should've Been Us" by Tory Kelly, "Gold" by Victoria Justice, "Dirty Love" and "Killin' It" by Cher Lloyd.

Apparently they're under Shellback's wing because they've shared producer credits with him on several songs.
Old 31st July 2015
Lives for gear
Cool. Months ago I had heard "My Gun" and immediately added it to my favorites. The songwriting was fantastic and it stuck out to me. When I saw the name Tove Lo in this thread, I had to go back to my Pop picks playlist and sure enough that was her. Highly recommend you all check out that track.
Old 9th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmusic View Post

So they're signed producers who prefer to work anonymously...
yeah, for sure.

An NDA is pretty standard for many A list artists so selling you production services with anonymity is a good business decision.

Take the PRS in the UK. You can register pseudonyms. This is not new. Elvis use to buy songs from artists in the bars, so I was told?

With that said I would not take much to find out I guess, but the producer

"could neither confirm or deny the existence......" lol77
Old 9th August 2015
Lives for gear

Love the songs btw
Old 24th January 2016
Gear Nut

Hi. The Struts is part of a songwriter collaboration group in The Wolf Cousins which basically is a studio complex with a lot of talented songwriters. The songwriters where at one time all coming from Warner Chappell and they got help from Shellback and Max to setup the complex. Max and Shellback works there to help them out in between sessions. It's all about how Denniz Pop and Max Martin worked together in Cheiron Studio where collaboration with other talented songwriters was important and the legacy in how they worked. If you know anyone who knows swedish all of these songwriters came together for a 2 hour interview which you can hear here: Arvet efter Cheiron - en o
Old 6th October 2017
Here for the gear

Jakob Jerlström, Ludvig Söderberg

Their names are Jakob Jerlström, Ludvig Söderberg, I suspected that from the list of writers of tove Lo's songs.
I found their names on Google and found this discogs page conforming that ✨
https://www.discogs.com/artist/3846600-The-Struts-2
Old 6th November 2017
Gear Head

Have friends on her mgmt team. The new single is great: https://youtu.be/8RQDPwODja4?t=1m24s
Old 18th July 2020
Lives for gear

Huge talent and great team around.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear