The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pop Collabs
Old 17th October 2013
  #1
Gear Addict
 

Pop Collabs

Anyone (manager or artist himself) has a decent pop artist and would like to release a new track. I've so much instrumental material and am looking to work with an upcoming or already established artist.
Credits: International placements in the charts PM for more informations
Old 18th October 2013
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Taking this thread in the direction of a Gearslut's Taxi thread:

I'm also always looking for piano/vocal tracks. Just the vocals and the chords, that would be appropriate for Pop/EDM tracks.

Think Calvin Harris's stuff, "Sweet nothing" is a favorite. That song clearly speaks for itself with just chords and melody before the EDM production even comes into the picture. Classy EDM/pop songs like that are what I'm looking for.

Vocals would ideally be final product ready, where a DJ/production act could treat them like a remix. Could also end up getting cut by an artist, or cut by an artist for a DJ feature, I work with both spheres.

Its def a numbers game and a long shot. But that's every song that gets a major label release.

I'm prefer anonymity here but can make things happen if everything lines up. I know the anonymity aspect can throw people, if so no need to jump on me just ignore this and don't send anything.
Old 21st October 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 

With what POP music makes in sales, I think every one would want to colab with some one in POP whos already famous!
Old 21st October 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 
GeminIAm's Avatar
Www.soundcloud.com/trancegemini

Sent from my SoftwinerEvb
Old 21st October 2013
  #5
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 I/O View Post
With what POP music makes in sales, I think every one would want to colab with some one in POP whos already famous!
I was talking about upcoming artists, more or less established artists (locally)

Concerning your other point: I've worked with pretty famous artists, so I was simply asking for new talent.??
Old 21st October 2013
  #6
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssl_ambition View Post
I was talking about upcoming artists, more or less established artists (locally)

Concerning your other point: I've worked with pretty famous artists, so I was simply asking for new talent.??
I think he was just pointing out that we'd all be happy to have such a collaboration fall in our laps, I mean, how many instrumentals are out there.. Working with someone famous doesn't mean anything, many of those people do so little on their own stuff there's gotta be a number of people who have 'worked' with them, right? I don't think anyone is looking to just make music to make music once at a certain level, most of us have some financial endgame we're going for, the idea that you can waltz in to a jackpot instead of tending the seed..

Who knows, maybe that is the way to go. Maybe I should demand the instrumental be a hit without vocals, anything less is simply not what I am looking for. Jedi mind tricks. You will now arbitrarily downvote the whole thread, random trolls from reddit.
Old 23rd October 2013
  #7
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMPF View Post
I think he was just pointing out that we'd all be happy to have such a collaboration fall in our laps, I mean, how many instrumentals are out there.. Working with someone famous doesn't mean anything, many of those people do so little on their own stuff there's gotta be a number of people who have 'worked' with them, right? I don't think anyone is looking to just make music to make music once at a certain level, most of us have some financial endgame we're going for, the idea that you can waltz in to a jackpot instead of tending the seed..
I'm not sure why this turns into such a discussion...

1. Working with talent is always great and does mean something (at least to me).
2. I make music for a living, so my endgame is to pay the bills too.
3. I'm not making music to replace any lottery-jackpot-wishful-thinking if other's do that's fine. If the job is paid good, that's fine too.
4. All I asked was if there is a songwriter, manager or producer that works with a talented artist right now and is looking for a collaboration. I was also interested if there are some songwriters here who would like to topline/collaborate on tracks an we look what we come up with.

Last but not least: everybody is free to say their opinion and maybe i'm wrong but the statement above sounded more like I was asking for a collab with Lady Gaga on this forum heh
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump