The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pop Collabs
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

Pop Collabs

Anyone (manager or artist himself) has a decent pop artist and would like to release a new track. I've so much instrumental material and am looking to work with an upcoming or already established artist.
Credits: International placements in the charts PM for more informations
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Taking this thread in the direction of a Gearslut's Taxi thread:

I'm also always looking for piano/vocal tracks. Just the vocals and the chords, that would be appropriate for Pop/EDM tracks.

Think Calvin Harris's stuff, "Sweet nothing" is a favorite. That song clearly speaks for itself with just chords and melody before the EDM production even comes into the picture. Classy EDM/pop songs like that are what I'm looking for.

Vocals would ideally be final product ready, where a DJ/production act could treat them like a remix. Could also end up getting cut by an artist, or cut by an artist for a DJ feature, I work with both spheres.

Its def a numbers game and a long shot. But that's every song that gets a major label release.

I'm prefer anonymity here but can make things happen if everything lines up. I know the anonymity aspect can throw people, if so no need to jump on me just ignore this and don't send anything.
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

With what POP music makes in sales, I think every one would want to colab with some one in POP whos already famous!
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Www.soundcloud.com/trancegemini

Sent from my SoftwinerEvb
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 I/O View Post
With what POP music makes in sales, I think every one would want to colab with some one in POP whos already famous!
I was talking about upcoming artists, more or less established artists (locally)

Concerning your other point: I've worked with pretty famous artists, so I was simply asking for new talent.??
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssl_ambition View Post
I was talking about upcoming artists, more or less established artists (locally)

Concerning your other point: I've worked with pretty famous artists, so I was simply asking for new talent.??
I think he was just pointing out that we'd all be happy to have such a collaboration fall in our laps, I mean, how many instrumentals are out there.. Working with someone famous doesn't mean anything, many of those people do so little on their own stuff there's gotta be a number of people who have 'worked' with them, right? I don't think anyone is looking to just make music to make music once at a certain level, most of us have some financial endgame we're going for, the idea that you can waltz in to a jackpot instead of tending the seed..

Who knows, maybe that is the way to go. Maybe I should demand the instrumental be a hit without vocals, anything less is simply not what I am looking for. Jedi mind tricks. You will now arbitrarily downvote the whole thread, random trolls from reddit.
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMPF View Post
I think he was just pointing out that we'd all be happy to have such a collaboration fall in our laps, I mean, how many instrumentals are out there.. Working with someone famous doesn't mean anything, many of those people do so little on their own stuff there's gotta be a number of people who have 'worked' with them, right? I don't think anyone is looking to just make music to make music once at a certain level, most of us have some financial endgame we're going for, the idea that you can waltz in to a jackpot instead of tending the seed..
I'm not sure why this turns into such a discussion...

1. Working with talent is always great and does mean something (at least to me).
2. I make music for a living, so my endgame is to pay the bills too.
3. I'm not making music to replace any lottery-jackpot-wishful-thinking if other's do that's fine. If the job is paid good, that's fine too.
4. All I asked was if there is a songwriter, manager or producer that works with a talented artist right now and is looking for a collaboration. I was also interested if there are some songwriters here who would like to topline/collaborate on tracks an we look what we come up with.

Last but not least: everybody is free to say their opinion and maybe i'm wrong but the statement above sounded more like I was asking for a collab with Lady Gaga on this forum heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search