The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Does this sound good to you????
Old 14th October 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
Does this sound good to you????

Here is something that I co-wrote with my friend Terry Bratton. You're scrutiny is welcome. Please leave comments. Thanks ahead of time.
https://soundcloud.com/rob-layman/bleed-out
Old 15th October 2013
  #2
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrob View Post
Here is something that I co-wrote with my friend Terry Bratton. You're scrutiny is welcome. Please leave comments. Thanks ahead of time.

https://soundcloud.com/rob-layman/bleed-out-final-1-1
I really like the writing and arrangement. Well done. It's pretty bright sonically (to me) but that's more mix feedback than anything.
Old 15th October 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 

I really like the song, and your voice, if that's you singing. Nice work well done. I am only listening on computer speakers but it sounded a tad bright to me as well. One thing, the bridge before last chorus sounds a bit awkward musically to me. Dosen't flow as well as it could, but that could be just me. Keep rocking!
Old 15th October 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodittydada View Post
I really like the song, and your voice, if that's you singing. Nice work well done. I am only listening on computer speakers but it sounded a tad bright to me as well. One thing, the bridge before last chorus sounds a bit awkward musically to me. Dosen't flow as well as it could, but that could be just me. Keep rocking!
Thanks for your response. Yes that is me singing. The refrain you are referring to I wanted to bring the dynamic down to an almost intimate level then explode into the final chorus. I wrote the words and melody and did just a small bit of production on it. My good friend, and fantastic guitar player Terry Bratton wrote the music and played all instruments.
Old 15th October 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Rob,

Are you ever on the look out for other songs that you can write melody and lyrics for and then sing them? Your voice would suit a track I am working on, but isn't quite ready yet...
Old 15th October 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodittydada View Post
Rob,

Are you ever on the look out for other songs that you can write melody and lyrics for and then sing them? Your voice would suit a track I am working on, but isn't quite ready yet...
Yes I'm available for those types of projects as long as the writing credits are shared equally. PM me when you have your song completed and I'll send you my email address then you can get it to me.
Old 15th October 2013
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Of course. And I'll will definately PM you.

I had a listen at home in the studio. I think I'll take back the bright comment,suits it anyway. Sounds great in here. Really rocking, I know that's all vague blabba and all that, but just really enjoying the tune and the delivery, forgetting to listen much critically, is probably the biggest compliant I can give you. :0)
Old 15th October 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
Not vague blaa blaa, I've agonized over that mix for a while and if the performance and content can make someone in this forum listen for the enjoyment of the song and be able to turn that critical side off long enough to hear it, then that makes me happy. Thanks for your kind words. Looking forward to hearing your work.
Old 15th October 2013
  #9
Lives for gear
 

I dig it. The chorus is especially nice, the fourth chord makes it for me. Easy to listen to start to finish. .
Old 15th October 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
I dig it. The chorus is especially nice, the fourth chord makes it for me. Easy to listen to start to finish. .
Thanks very much. I want to make sure that I give all the credit for the musical end of this to my buddy Terry Bratton. Insanely talented guitar player/songwriter.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump