The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 2 weeks ago

History of the bomb
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've been wanting to incorporate a Gretsch guitar tone into one of my new songs so here you go...

guitars

acoustic rhythm and acoustic slide guitar: 1964 Gibson J45
electric guitar: Gretsch 6120T '55 Vintage Select

mics

Vocals: Lawson L251 (Manley Voxbox)
J45: Neumann U87Ai and U89 (Sebatron VMP4000)
Princeton Reverb: Sennheiser MD421 and Shinybox Model 23 (Sebatron VMP4000)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly69 View Post
I've been wanting to incorporate a Gretsch guitar tone into one of my new songs so here you go...
I stopped by to post my own new tune.......but I have spent my time listening to this instead. Those guitars sound so good, especially that Gretsch lead at around 2:10. That Gibson sounds fine as well.

Wonderfully haunting vocals.....great mix....and a hooky melody line that really sticks.........I think I'll leave the stage to you, man, and post mine another time.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
I stopped by to post my own new tune.......but I have spent my time listening to this instead. Those guitars sound so good, especially that Gretsch lead at around 2:10. That Gibson sounds fine as well.

Wonderfully haunting vocals.....great mix....and a hooky melody line that really sticks.........I think I'll leave the stage to you, man, and post mine another time.
Thanks for listening Lenny, and of course thanks for the nice words. It was funny I tried a different Gretsch guitar and it didn't work (6118T with Filtertron pickups), but the 6120T with it's T-Armond pickups (made by TV Jones), it just stuck right there in the mix and made it fun to play.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So here's that tune I just finished up. It's just something that came from a riff that I tracked on my old Stella.

I just fired up the Peluso while I was playing to catch the riff so the guitar track is kind of noisy......that old guitar is pretty noisy to play anyway. I liked the feel of it so I just went with it and let it lead me into the lyrics.

Watch The River
https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=13948310
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

The Woods

Hey everyone,

Just wrapped up my first solo album after working on it off and on for about two years. Mastered by Bob Katz (www.digido.com).

Bachelorette - The Woods

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoxRecords View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wrapped up my first solo album after working on it off and on for about two years. Mastered by Bob Katz (www.digido.com).
Beautifully sounding material. Very pleasant listen.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Beautifully sounding material. Very pleasant listen.
Unclenny, thank you so much for listening, and for the kind words!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly69 View Post

Really, really enjoyed that man! And sounds excellent!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccouch7 View Post
Really, really enjoyed that man! And sounds excellent!
Thanks, that was one of the last songs I recorded for my new CD which is almost done.
Old 1 week ago
Here's a new rock tune I just did... no cowbell, sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9YczqoUrtc

Last edited by studioman22; 4 days ago at 12:04 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioman22 View Post
Here's a new rock tune I just did... no cowbell, sorry!
Reminds me of Ozzy . I couldn't make out any of the words on my internal computer speaker, the vocals are buried!
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotWorms View Post
Reminds me of Ozzy . I couldn't make out any of the words on my internal computer speaker, the vocals are buried!
Ozzy, ok, that's cool.

Now why in the world would I want to have the vocal mixed up in a dark rock track like this? It's already too loud as it is! But thanks for the input.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I wrote a few little extra ditties for my CD about love and heartbreak just to help the transitions between songs. Here's one I wrote last night...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/try-again

It's just 4 channels, two guitars a J45 rhythm/slide on a Violet Globe Vintage mic, two voices on a Rode Classic II.

Try Again / Weldon 2019

I've been lookin' for a way back home baby
I've been wondering do you think about me
do you ever think of the good times
do you ever think about me

I've been feelin' that I wrecked it baby
I can't help but think I lost my mind
I remember how you tried so hard
could you ever forgive me

I just want to find my way back home
I just want to find my way back home to you

I've been wondering could you love me two times
would you ever try again with me
could you ever try again with me
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Finished demo > in that -- the data is no longer obtainable ... Recorded on AKAI 4 track DAW --90's
Attached Files

LIL GREEN MEN.mp3 (5.93 MB, 63 views)

Last edited by cjogo; 1 day ago at 06:54 PM..
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Years of reading threads on gearslutz and I may have gotten better.

Thank you friends! Couldn’t have done it without You!!

https://youtu.be/8LoKA4hkXBE
Old 13 hours ago
Gear Addict

Starting a new music project. It is going to be a "story" of sorts, a musical journey on Soundcloud with timed releases of each track, almost like a tv series. "Gremlin" is the story of a man who tried to kill himself after his girl left him for another man, which he had suspected for quite some time. However, his suicide attempt is futile and fails. The man begins anew, but with an uncertain future ahead.

Each track is composed in an electronic improvisational fashion - the next track in the story then uses the completed mastered track of the previous as a foundation for the new track. So ride it out through each if you can, you never know where it may turn.
Curious for thoughts on production and musical quality, it's a tad experimental, fusing ambient, cinematic, electronic, and trap elements. I've linked the tracks in order-

Old 6 hours ago
Gear Head

Just finnished this one, thoughts? https://soundcloud.com/ruben-vike-vage/bluesy-vibes
Old 45 minutes ago
Lives for gear

1/2in 8 >>Over Me
Attached Files

OVER ME ~.mp3 (6.95 MB, 4 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search