The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 6th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpin View Post
Here's a thing, not sure if it works or not. Looking for a fresh pair of ears to tell me all the things that are wrong with it. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
https://soundcloud.com/davejmcleod/post-reverie
I can't tell you all the things that are wrong with it....I'm listening in my office rather than in the studio.

I can tell you that it makes a nice soundtrack for the start of my afternoon.

Old 7th June 2019
Here for the gear

Hi guys, this song is a collaboration I did with two of my friends and I am asking for some feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/jay-williams-...ns/lonely-fool
Old 7th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwinabrigo View Post
Hi guys, this song is a collaboration I did with two of my friends and I am asking for some feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/jay-williams-...ns/lonely-fool
Nice groove to this one. Good vocalist. Personally, I would have liked a bigger synth arrangement, ala Max Martin, but well done just the same. Still, the chorus could use a little bit more to it to set it apart from the rest of the song.
Old 7th June 2019
Lives for gear

Here's a new song I finished the other day. Went for a more mellow vibe on this one.
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotWorms View Post
I keep thinking about how the cymbals are kind of washed out and have a treble sheen with none of that low end oomph that cymbals have. As though someone processed the cymbals too heavily

Listen to how these cymbal smashes sound more natural and powerful! Something to think about next track

2:17
Thanks for the feedback! I get what you are saying. I'm not entirely happy with the how the cymbals sound in the mix. Definitely something that I want to improve on the next release. That's a great reference track.
Old 9th June 2019
Gear Addict
Been trying to iron out mix templates and techniques. Tried out a newer style on this track a friend and I recorded together. Would love some feedback on the overall balance of the mix.

Asteroids (Astro Zoomer)
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Before I fork out the thousand dollars you should reference tom delonge's vocal energy. The backup up vocals could be louder in most spots. Sparse electric guitar might impart some nice extra flavor.
Yeah this singer gets a bit of that early 2000s whine too much in some of his songs. I've been working with him on pulling back that edge of whine and just singing with his own voice. Agree with the guitar too, he plays it and I'm always asking him to record little tiny sparse parts around the song for minor flavor.
Old 11th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosajjao View Post
Been trying to iron out mix templates and techniques. Tried out a newer style on this track a friend and I recorded together. Would love some feedback on the overall balance of the mix.

Asteroids (Astro Zoomer)
Nice song. The mix sounds good for me.

Where I think it could improve is elsewhere: (1) better tracking with less noise; (2) some changes with the arrangement, specifically in the chorus which oddly maintains the same drum and guitar rhythm as the verse. I’d be tempted to throw on a shaker or tambourine there or something to give it a little more movement in the chorus—give it a bit more life so it doesn’t feel just like the verse.
Old 11th June 2019
Here for the gear
Hi all, here's a track I just finished "Yea Yea Yea". Part of an EP i'm hoping to finish this Summer. Went for a Lofi kind of sound with help form the RC20 plugin (worth a look). All tracks recorded and mixed from my home studio in Dublin barring drums which were tracked in a studio in town. have a listen if you get a chance and all comments are welcome, thanks, Pat.

https://soundcloud.com/pickled-onions/yea-yea-yea
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickledPat View Post
Hi all, here's a track I just finished "Yea Yea Yea". Part of an EP i'm hoping to finish this Summer. Went for a Lofi kind of sound with help form the RC20 plugin (worth a look). All tracks recorded and mixed from my home studio in Dublin barring drums which were tracked in a studio in town. have a listen if you get a chance and all comments are welcome, thanks, Pat.

Thought it sounded fine. The guitar lead I thought was kind of lifeless. Probably could have brought it up a bit in the mix and maybe some reverb or delay. Otherwise, I liked it.
Old 11th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
I like the song but I felt the drums were out of place and unenthusiastic.
Hi thanks for listening and for your reply. Just so I'm following you do you mean the drums were just too "straight" in general for you or the way they were mixed need improving...levels/dynamics etc? thanks man
Old 11th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
Thought it sounded fine. The guitar lead I thought was kind of lifeless. Probably could have brought it up a bit in the mix and maybe some reverb or delay. Otherwise, I liked it.
thank man, I pulled down a shade before bouncing lol, will revisit thanks for listening
Old 11th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:

Cool song! But the mix is absolutely terrible. You have to "zoom in" on the elements that elevates the qualities of the song.
My instant first thought is to focus on the hi hat and go from there(if you are able to isolate it enough though). Guide your audience into the essence of the song. I would grind down on HH, snare, rhythm git and vox. Balance that out, make it groove AF and automate as much as you need.
Then bring the rest in and make final adjustments to everything.

My 2 cents.
Old 12th June 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
Nice song. The mix sounds good for me.

Where I think it could improve is elsewhere: (1) better tracking with less noise; (2) some changes with the arrangement, specifically in the chorus which oddly maintains the same drum and guitar rhythm as the verse. I’d be tempted to throw on a shaker or tambourine there or something to give it a little more movement in the chorus—give it a bit more life so it doesn’t feel just like the verse.
That's good feedback and it checks with what I feel it could improve on. Arrangement is probably the biggest area I'm trying to improve on with producing someone. Since I just do this as a hobby, I want to do it well when I do.
Old 12th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireFightClib View Post
Cool song! But the mix is absolutely terrible.
I may have demoitis with this one! I'm looking for a mix engineer for the ep but putting my mixes up on SoundCloud as they're done. I hear what you're saying, the track was a pig to edit, particularly drums for various reasons and I may have lost sight of the song itself along the way, appreciate your feedback and thank you for listening!
Old 12th June 2019
SRS
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I get what you are saying. I'm not entirely happy with the how the cymbals sound in the mix. Definitely something that I want to improve on the next release. That's a great reference track.
I'm in the studio and just listened and think it is very nice. I'm not a huge fan of brighter mixes anyways, and I'm a drummer. This mix of yours has all the elements of a record, in my humble opinion. Nice work!
Old 12th June 2019
SRS
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi thanks for listening and for your reply. Just so I'm following you do you mean the drums were just too "straight" in general for you or the way they were mixed need improving...levels/dynamics etc? thanks man
It is obvious you are going for a vintage vibe. The drums do sound like they are not really "part of the mix" so to speak. It's a mix thing. The performance and tracking are fine. Need to lock up that bass guitar and kick drum. That in itself will bring the drums into the rest of the mix better. Bass sounds a bit thin as I listen in the studio. But if that is your goal (in keeping with the vintage vibe) then just connect up the kick and bass gtr. You have the vibe in spades, and my opinion is to fill out the low end more with the bass guitar and maybe even guitars. Nice tune!
Old 12th June 2019
SRS
Lives for gear

Quote:
I may have demoitis with this one! I'm looking for a mix engineer for the ep but putting my mixes up on SoundCloud as they're done. I hear what you're saying, the track was a pig to edit, particularly drums for various reasons and I may have lost sight of the song itself along the way, appreciate your feedback and thank you for listening!
Feel free to Dropbox the files and I can give it a fresh perspective remix if you'd like. If it's not a big session with lots of complications, I will even do it for the heck of it (no $). PM me.
Old 12th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Sure man. I really enjoyed the song! Hope everything turns out well.
Old 12th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS View Post
Feel free to Dropbox the files and I can give it a fresh perspective remix if you'd like. If it's not a big session with lots of complications, I will even do it for the heck of it (no $). PM me.
Very kind of you! Will be in touch tomorrow
Old 12th June 2019
Gear Head

Last edited by IGotWorms; 5 days ago at 11:57 PM..
Old 12th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Ya I guess so Id say too straight in that they didnt have a lot of groove. I'd guess they are a little loud and the bass guitar could have more oomph too.
I hear you, will have another look, thanks for the feedback
Old 12th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS View Post
I'm in the studio and just listened and think it is very nice. I'm not a huge fan of brighter mixes anyways, and I'm a drummer. This mix of yours has all the elements of a record, in my humble opinion. Nice work!
Thanks for the compliments! Really awesome to hear that a pro dude such as you likes it!
Old 13th June 2019
Here for the gear

Review my track please :)

How is the production quality? Too loud drums? Too loud guitars? Is the song good/boring? Tell me! Listen to Hell & Heaven by Ruben Vike Våge on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/ruben-vike-vage/hell-heaven
Old 13th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rub1v View Post
How is the production quality? Too loud drums? Too loud guitars? Is the song good/boring? Tell me! Listen to Hell & Heaven by Ruben Vike Våge on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/ruben-vike-vage/hell-heaven
Mix is fine. Would have loved to have had vocals on this. I'm not sure it stands on its own as an instrumental as the melody lines aren't really defined enough. So in that regard, it sounds unfinished. Great backing track that cries out for a vocal.

Of course just my opinion.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Kyrie - angel

https://soundcloud.com/kyairoo/angel
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Here is a song I made awhile back and decided to release it now. I sound like a cocky bastard in it but I felt that the tune was enjoyable lol. For all the fellas who feel that they are the man, this song is for you
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuieve View Post
Highly doubt there's one person here who like this kind of music but here it is

Not my sort of thing, but didn't hate it. I find the main voice (higher pitched voice) too overpowering though. The drums seem half as loud as those vocals.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg09 View Post
For all the fellas who feel that they are the man, this song is for you
I thought I was the man......now I know.

I enjoyed the listen.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search