The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 26th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo View Post
There's a frequency -- that needs a slight tweak -- probably on the overall mix ... Lend an ear ... see what dip it needs
Sounds pretty good to me. I might try to shave a little at around 400, though.
Old 26th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
There's a frequency -- that needs a slight tweak -- probably on the overall mix ... Lend an ear ... see what dip it needs
Downloaded, loaded into DAW and ran it through SPAN.

Nothing really pops out as being a problem. Maybe a little brightening around 2.3k but not an absolute critical necessity. All in all, there's nothing wrong with this mix. 400 is fine. 563 is more of a problem than 400 but even that is still within acceptable range.

If you want, the entire mix could probably be boosted 1 or 2 db but also not a deal breaker.

Nice, easy laid back tune. Like it.

Well done.
Old 28th December 2018
Here for the gear

Howdy! This is such a nice thread. Here’s a collection of songs my band recorded last spring. We made a lot of unconventional decisions (not to track any bass after losing our bassist, odd instances/absences of reverb, unusual drum micing).
First two songs are pretty live, “Over the Line” was the least conventional, and “Is Pepsi Okay?” is probably the most conventional.
Would love to hear what any of you folks think if you get a chance to listen. Happy new year!
Situations | Zoom Grand Caravan
Old 28th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yip96 View Post
Got this on here in my office now. I really like your sound and your writing.

Pretty cool how you did that with the reverb in "Over The Line".
Old 28th December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Got this on here in my office now. I really like your sound and your writing.

Pretty cool how you did that with the reverb in "Over The Line".
Very much appreciated, man!
Just checked out your Soundclick. Holy cow—you’re prolific. Loving “Instead I Saw The Moon”.
Old 31st December 2018
Lives for gear

@ Yip96 .....very much appreciated.
Old 1st January 2019
Lives for gear

A recent release by my daughter...

Old 2nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevola View Post
Here is one of mine it's called "too much". I hope you all enjoy it.

Too Much by Kevin Ibsen | ReverbNation
You, sir, are a riff-master! Great hook - loved it.

Listened to your songs on RN - I think I like it best when you go pure RnR wailin' guitar. You sound more West Arkansas Delta blues than east Arky Ozark hills, but that's fine, they need soul in NWA, too.

Great stuff - keep crankin' it out!
Old 2nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
This is a well-crafted song with effective instrument breaks and a nice bridge and solid performances. Very Stones-esque in the vocal performance and in the guitar parts. If that's what you were going for you pretty much nailed it. Vocal harmonies were especially nice.

On the nitpicky side, the chorus could use a stronger hook to my ear but then again, give a listen to "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and you hear the same kind of ambiguity. They punch it up with some strong rhythms that make it work.
Finally, the ending lacks authority to my ear. It seems to end too soon and doesn't say anything. All my opinion of course, and I'm probably wrong.

It's a strong effort with an engaging idea and a good melodic riff to start it all off. I actually like it quite a bit.
I was gonna say it sounded like a Keith Richards riff, if KR was handed someone else's really nice guitar (maybe not tuned to open-G) and then the lyrics had a very Neil Young drive to them - all positive!

I like it. Driving. R'n'R solid.

Constructively - you might tweak one of the verses to be a little snarky/ironic to take the idea more abstract, make your listeners think a little? Along the lines of (and it's corny, yeah, because I just made this up on the fly, but take corny and make a corn-based product, like a plastic bag, a red Solo cup, or a song)

"Got 500 best friends on Facebook
400 followers on the 'gram
So many bestest, best friends,
Who don't even know who I am, oh I'm not isolated, no, no, no."

That's the conundrum, isn't it? Yes, we get "tailored" news, "tailored" search results, etc., but a data company in Delaware/India/China knows more about than our best friends.

Like your style! Keep rockin'!
Old 2nd January 2019
Here for the gear

That was solid - "heavy" is right, in the best-est way! Yeah, make a song and upload that!
Old 2nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
This reminds me of something but I can't place it. Early 80s. This one's gonna drive me crazy.

Anyway, well done. Good luck with it.
Did it remind you of a Daniel Johnston track? I just watched that doc a few months back and this kind of has that indie feel.
Old 2nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Here's a tune I did as a tip o the hat to the great 60's dance instrumentals I dug so much as a kid.

The Slap by Kevin Ibsen - Listen to music
Love the guitar and your drum fills are nicely married to the groove.

Felt like the horns weren't quite as strong in the middle section from 1:20 to about 2? But that's actually a very positive criticism, because if your guitar is going to sparkle like that in the beginning, and it does, you raise the bar for the horn section in the middle, so you're gonna need a little bit more wailing to compare? That said, you don't want wail-fatigue in your audience, so there needs to be some kind of modulation. Maybe bring everything down a notice more so it's quiet, get-low kind of vibe in that section and then the horns will be more prominent?

You def captured the vibe, but with much better fidelity than my old scratchy records from that era.
Old 2nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
FALL IN LUV with LOVE

a tribute to Mr Lennon and the Lads

1997 8 track Daw --

YouTube John would be 78
Love this intro - can you make another track that's an instrumental ala Roy Buchanan's "Sweet Dreams"? That's what that crispy guitar evoked for me, along with the cymbal shimmer - I was already off on that mental journey when the lyrics started.

My imagination aside, it was very Beatles-esque. Good job!
Old 2nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnORama View Post
Love this intro - can you make another track that's an instrumental ala Roy Buchanan's "Sweet Dreams"? That's what that crispy guitar evoked for me, along with the cymbal shimmer - I was already off on that mental journey when the lyrics started.

My imagination aside, it was very Beatles-esque. Good job!
Thanks so much for the kind words....

This a true finished demo ---in that like many of the songs we load up here ....can no longer can be accessed.

This particular song was recorded on the propriety VS Roland 880,,, the data can only be accessed via the DAT data backup tape.....and then only recovered by the Roland late 90's DAW....

We do have the 16 track sequencer midi on floppy (where all the percussion /horn /strings/bass /all reside from 3 Kurzweils....and the DAT,,,,unfortunately our current Roland DAW ~~ does not read DAT data...peach

Last edited by cjogo; 2nd January 2019 at 06:34 PM..
Old 2nd January 2019
Here for the gear

A bit late for an Christmas Song, but my friends and I recorded a song at my house in different sessions and the song was done in a week. I like hoe it turned out.

So Much Wine Merry Christmas (Andrew Bird) | Small House
Old 3rd January 2019
Old 6th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnORama View Post
You, sir, are a riff-master! Great hook - loved it.

Listened to your songs on RN - I think I like it best when you go pure RnR wailin' guitar. You sound more West Arkansas Delta blues than east Arky Ozark hills, but that's fine, they need soul in NWA, too.

Great stuff - keep crankin' it out!
Thanks for your kind comments! I started out on guitar learning all that old blues stuff. T-Bone Walker's T-Bone Shuffle was my first transcription. There's a lotta soul up here in NWA, lot's of great talent.
Old 6th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZenx View Post

This has some sweet synth riffs in it. Good job!
Old 6th January 2019
Here for the gear

Hey Folks,
Any feedback on this film music-y type piece would be much appreciated, any and all (even harsh) critiques are welcomed. Thanks!
Slanted Ballrooms by Dave McLeod | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 7th January 2019
Here for the gear

call it Electro Bop, " Meet again in Love "

Happy New Year everyone ,keep the music coming.
A link to a song from me
Dropbox - MEET AGAIN IN LOVE DB.wav

Enjoy , criticism is very welcome
Greg
Old 7th January 2019
Here for the gear

Tried posting this in another forum to no avail.. maybe it's a sign! If anyone's got any feedback on this track I'd be very grateful:

Btw, some great stuff in this thread guys keep it up!
Old 7th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysknees View Post
Tried posting this in another forum to no avail.. maybe it's a sign! If anyone's got any feedback on this track I'd be very grateful:

Btw, some great stuff in this thread guys keep it up!
I like it. Nice and light and cheerful. Like the lead singer. She's very good.

Sorry you're not getting much feedback.
Old 9th January 2019
Lives for gear

Out there

A tune from 2003 -- that we updated tonight...Nylon acoustic for bass -- tapping keys for drums .( 4 passes /tracks )

5 single strings ( Kurzweils/AKAI ) .. 4 acoustic guitar tracks ...& maybe too many vocals ..
Attached Files

OUT THERE.mp3 (6.94 MB, 273 views)

Last edited by cjogo; 10th January 2019 at 09:37 AM..
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

A little Dylan Cover....

Old 10th January 2019
Here for the gear

I Wanna Be Loved

I'll really appreciate feedback, particularly over all on this song I'll take your comments into consideration, been working on it rewriting the music for a better production, I want to please my music listeners.

I Wanna Be Loved (new track) by irwin abrigo | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited by Irwinabrigo; 10th January 2019 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Link wasn't working
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwinabrigo View Post
I'll really appreciate feedback, particularly over all on this song I'll take your comments into consideration, been working on it rewriting the music for a better production, I want to please my music listeners.

I Wanna Be Loved (new track) by irwin abrigo | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Well, the mix is clean. Musically I don't really have any opinions. Maybe others who are into this genre can be of more help.
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly69 View Post
A little Dylan Cover....

I like it. Nice guitar work in there.
Old 10th January 2019
Deleted 5cc4b50
@ Rockabilly69 Awesome cover of a great tune man. Probably the slide part, but it has kind of a Lanois feel, very nice. Would love to hear a little reworking of the piano parts, maybe just as soft twinkling accents at the end of some lines.
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 5cc4b50 View Post
@ Rockabilly69 Awesome cover of a great tune man. Probably the slide part, but it has kind of a Lanois feel, very nice. Would love to hear a little reworking of the piano parts, maybe just as soft twinkling accents at the end of some lines.
Thanks I recorded this in a little bedroom in my house, but over in my studio I have a Wurlitzer 200a I'll see if I can add some piano for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
I like it. Nice guitar work in there.
Thanks my man you know I like your stuff!
Old 11th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
I like it. Nice and light and cheerful. Like the lead singer. She's very good.

Sorry you're not getting much feedback.
Thanks a lot bud - appreciate it She's my wife!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search