The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post your "finished" demos here Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6001
Gear Maniac
 

I've just prepared this brief, heavy rhythmical musical concept just to partecipate to this nice thread, it's not a song in particular.
Everything produced/played by me. Oh...if you hate big/modern driven guitars don't click the launch button.


Untitled by Rtyu567 | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6002
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 View Post
Oh...if you hate big/modern driven guitars don't click the launch button.
No hate here......sounds good to me. You oughta do more with it.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6003
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 View Post
I've just prepared this brief, heavy rhythmical musical concept just to partecipate to this nice thread, it's not a song in particular.
Everything produced/played by me. Oh...if you hate big/modern driven guitars don't click the launch button.


Untitled by Rtyu567 | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Okay you got the tones there, now make a song out of it!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6004
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
I dont know if I want to chip away at an 'album' without real drums, though the finger drums in this one might be enjoyable.
Sounding better than ever to me! Still shaky, but clearly better. The vocals are not nearly as pitchy as on some of your earlier stuff..

I hope you don't mind me asking, how exactly do you make these recordings?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6005
Gear Addict
Finished this song with a friend, working on an official release so this is a temporary link until we work out the legit purchasable versions. Playing it on the website is free of course.

Asteroids | Cedar Sound Studios
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6006
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosajjao View Post
Finished this song with a friend, working on an official release so this is a temporary link until we work out the legit purchasable versions. Playing it on the website is free of course.

Asteroids | Cedar Sound Studios
This reminds me of something but I can't place it. Early 80s. This one's gonna drive me crazy.

Anyway, well done. Good luck with it.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6007
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosajjao View Post
Finished this song with a friend, working on an official release so this is a temporary link until we work out the legit purchasable versions. Playing it on the website is free of course.

Asteroids | Cedar Sound Studios
I dig it! This is probably because I saw your location, but definitely has that Omaha Simon Joyner/Oberst vibe.

The Blood Red single is awesome too. Love the build and natural flow between sections. At first I thought the vocals were a bit too in your face through the first section, but it really balances out nice (and makes sense) when the percussion parts come in.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6008
Gear Addict
 
YourBestFriend's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
I dont know if I want to chip away at an 'album' without real drums, though the finger drums in this one might be enjoyable.
Sounding better than ever to me! Still shaky, but clearly better. The vocals are not nearly as pitchy as on some of your earlier stuff..

I hope you don't mind me asking, how exactly do you make these recordings?
Thanks. Im using a stereo condenser for now. vocals and guitar first, finger drums and bass, then harmony vocals.
Old 1 week ago
  #6009
Gear Addict
Echo of the Gecko | Cedar Sound Studios

Goofy funk song I made with some friends, tough to mix but I think it turned out alright.
Old 1 week ago
  #6010
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvismydad View Post
Hello everyone,

4 songs as demo EP for an album with 9 songs.
Need to be mixed properly.

Tim & Haider EP by Preproduction 12/2017 Haider | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Any advice is highly appreciated. I heard them too much

Kind Regards.

Tim.
I really like this. Reminds me of Michael Jackson. I was listening with headphones and it sounded like the bass was a bit light or not spread out enough for the style of the music, on but they were reference headphones.

edit: the next song that started in the playlist had a thicker bass.
Old 1 week ago
  #6011
Gear Maniac
 
Lvismydad's Avatar
 

Thank you Mark1234

Glad you like it.
You are right indeed, but mix still need to be done. I did this myself in a quirky... At the moment we are working on the full album arrangements. Then all songs will be mixed properly by an engineer.

Thanks again,

Kind Regards,

Tim.
Old 1 week ago
  #6012
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
Thanks. Im using a stereo condenser for now. vocals and guitar first, finger drums and bass, then harmony vocals.
Okay, thanks! Interesting stuff. There is a certain lo-fi vibe to your recordings that is interesting, but I am just not sure whether it is intentional or not. I've decided to assume that you are going for that sound :-)

I got an AKAI pad for finger drumming but haven't really used it as much as I was hoping when I bought it...
Old 1 week ago
  #6013
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
First single is out

The first Fall of Twentyseven single is now officially out!

The song is called "Lost With You"! It is a melancholic hard-rock song featuring collaboration efforts between three continents, produced by me:

Lost With You, a song by Fall of Twentyseven on Spotify

Available now or very soon on ALL the streaming platforms!
Old 1 week ago
  #6014
Gear Nut
Here's a tune I did as a tip o the hat to the great 60's dance instrumentals I dug so much as a kid.

The Slap by Kevin Ibsen - Listen to music
Old 1 week ago
  #6015
Gear Nut
Not much love for 60's style dance tunes lo these fifty-some years past the freshness day, eh?
Old 1 week ago
  #6016
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevola View Post
Not much love for 60's style dance tones lo these fifty-some years past the freshness daye, eh?
Nah man, I can dig it Listening to this right now. I like the depth and separation of the mix.. quite a lot of low end going on though, I wonder how that is gonna translate to a bass-heavy listening environment (like a car)? The drums sound maybe a bit too roomy and big in comparison to the what else is going on. But anyway, good job.
Old 1 week ago
  #6017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Nah man, I can dig it Listening to this right now. I like the depth and separation of the mix.. quite a lot of low end going on though, I wonder how that is gonna translate to a bass-heavy listening environment (like a car)? The drums sound maybe a bit too roomy and big in comparison to the what else is going on. But anyway, good job.
Thanks for checking it out, and thanks for the feedback. You're right about too much low. I mix mostly on headphones so my mixes are pretty bottom heavy. I recently picked up the Sonarworks 4.0 plugin that compensates for known headphone eq curves so I'm hoping that will help.

Thanks for listening!
Old 1 week ago
  #6018
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevola View Post
Thanks for checking it out, and thanks for the feedback. You're right about too much low. I mix mostly on headphones so my mixes are pretty bottom heavy. I recently picked up the Sonarworks 4.0 plugin that compensates for known headphone eq curves so I'm hoping that will help.

Thanks for listening!
Yeah I have the same problem.. ! SW helps (I have it and I love it) but it wont take away the guessing game as regards to how your mix/master will translate. Completely flat headphones are not realistic in that sense...
Old 1 week ago
  #6019
Lives for gear
 
cjogo's Avatar
FALL IN LUV with LOVE

a tribute to Mr Lennon and the Lads

1997 8 track Daw --



YouTube John would be 78
Attached Files

FALL IN LOVE WITH LOVE.mp3 (10.59 MB, 225 views)


Last edited by cjogo; 6 days ago at 06:39 AM..
Old 1 week ago
  #6020
Here for the gear
 

My spiritual experiment

Hey guys! This is my second release and it explores metaphysical themes and travel through the heavenly realms. Enjoy!



I'm open to feedback. Many blessings!
Old 2 days ago
  #6021
Here's one that I guess is finished as I don't think I will be spending anymore time on it, but it's firmly in the demo camp, probably not hitting the bar for a full release with this. I like the theme, minimalist soundtrack vibe. Anyway, let me know what you think, where you see potential for improvement, thanks!
Old 2 days ago
  #6022
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
Here's one that I guess is finished as I don't think I will be spending anymore time on it, but it's firmly in the demo camp, probably not hitting the bar for a full release with this. I like the theme, minimalist soundtrack vibe. Anyway, let me know what you think, where you see potential for improvement, thanks!
I like it! Definitely nailed the soundtrack vibe.
Old 3 hours ago
  #6023
Gear Maniac
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
This is the 2nd official Fo27 release, it's called "Your Halo" and you might've heard the demo version here before.

For the release version I remixed the track from the ground up. I had major issues with the demo mix, but then I just rebuilt the whole mix from the ground up using mostly the Waves SSL channel strip and Waves NLS summing plugin (using the SSL console emulation). This way I finally ended up with the sound that I was looking for! I guess I wanted something reminiscent of that 1990s big console heavy sound that I personally love so much.

The track will soon be available on all the streaming platforms.. If you like it, please follow Fall of Twentyseven on Spotify and add it to your favorite playlist when it is online!

Fall of Twentyseven on Spotify
Attached Files
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
pinkheadedbug / Songwriting
5890
neilsby / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
371
feedback711 / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
183
dhollmusik / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
15
Brad Blackwood / High end
76

Forum Jump
Forum Jump