The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post your "finished" demos here Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I've just prepared this brief, heavy rhythmical musical concept just to partecipate to this nice thread, it's not a song in particular.
Everything produced/played by me. Oh...if you hate big/modern driven guitars don't click the launch button.

Untitled by Rtyu567 | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 View Post
Oh...if you hate big/modern driven guitars don't click the launch button.
No hate here......sounds good to me. You oughta do more with it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 View Post
I've just prepared this brief, heavy rhythmical musical concept just to partecipate to this nice thread, it's not a song in particular.
Everything produced/played by me. Oh...if you hate big/modern driven guitars don't click the launch button.

Untitled by Rtyu567 | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Okay you got the tones there, now make a song out of it!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
I dont know if I want to chip away at an 'album' without real drums, though the finger drums in this one might be enjoyable.
Sounding better than ever to me! Still shaky, but clearly better. The vocals are not nearly as pitchy as on some of your earlier stuff..

I hope you don't mind me asking, how exactly do you make these recordings?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Finished this song with a friend, working on an official release so this is a temporary link until we work out the legit purchasable versions. Playing it on the website is free of course.

Asteroids | Cedar Sound Studios
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosajjao View Post
Finished this song with a friend, working on an official release so this is a temporary link until we work out the legit purchasable versions. Playing it on the website is free of course.

This reminds me of something but I can't place it. Early 80s. This one's gonna drive me crazy.

Anyway, well done. Good luck with it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosajjao View Post

I dig it! This is probably because I saw your location, but definitely has that Omaha Simon Joyner/Oberst vibe.

The Blood Red single is awesome too. Love the build and natural flow between sections. At first I thought the vocals were a bit too in your face through the first section, but it really balances out nice (and makes sense) when the percussion parts come in.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Quote:
I dont know if I want to chip away at an 'album' without real drums, though the finger drums in this one might be enjoyable.
Sounding better than ever to me! Still shaky, but clearly better. The vocals are not nearly as pitchy as on some of your earlier stuff..

I hope you don't mind me asking, how exactly do you make these recordings?
Thanks. Im using a stereo condenser for now. vocals and guitar first, finger drums and bass, then harmony vocals.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Echo of the Gecko | Cedar Sound Studios

Goofy funk song I made with some friends, tough to mix but I think it turned out alright.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvismydad View Post
Hello everyone,

4 songs as demo EP for an album with 9 songs.
Need to be mixed properly.

Tim & Haider EP by Preproduction 12/2017 Haider | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Any advice is highly appreciated. I heard them too much

Kind Regards.

Tim.
I really like this. Reminds me of Michael Jackson. I was listening with headphones and it sounded like the bass was a bit light or not spread out enough for the style of the music, on but they were reference headphones.

edit: the next song that started in the playlist had a thicker bass.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Thank you Mark1234

Glad you like it.
You are right indeed, but mix still need to be done. I did this myself in a quirky... At the moment we are working on the full album arrangements. Then all songs will be mixed properly by an engineer.

Thanks again,

Kind Regards,

Tim.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks. Im using a stereo condenser for now. vocals and guitar first, finger drums and bass, then harmony vocals.
Okay, thanks! Interesting stuff. There is a certain lo-fi vibe to your recordings that is interesting, but I am just not sure whether it is intentional or not. I've decided to assume that you are going for that sound :-)

I got an AKAI pad for finger drumming but haven't really used it as much as I was hoping when I bought it...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

First single is out

The first Fall of Twentyseven single is now officially out!

The song is called "Lost With You"! It is a melancholic hard-rock song featuring collaboration efforts between three continents, produced by me:

Lost With You, a song by Fall of Twentyseven on Spotify

Available now or very soon on ALL the streaming platforms!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Here's a tune I did as a tip o the hat to the great 60's dance instrumentals I dug so much as a kid.

The Slap by Kevin Ibsen - Listen to music
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Not much love for 60's style dance tunes lo these fifty-some years past the freshness day, eh?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevola View Post
Not much love for 60's style dance tones lo these fifty-some years past the freshness daye, eh?
Nah man, I can dig it Listening to this right now. I like the depth and separation of the mix.. quite a lot of low end going on though, I wonder how that is gonna translate to a bass-heavy listening environment (like a car)? The drums sound maybe a bit too roomy and big in comparison to the what else is going on. But anyway, good job.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Nah man, I can dig it Listening to this right now. I like the depth and separation of the mix.. quite a lot of low end going on though, I wonder how that is gonna translate to a bass-heavy listening environment (like a car)? The drums sound maybe a bit too roomy and big in comparison to the what else is going on. But anyway, good job.
Thanks for checking it out, and thanks for the feedback. You're right about too much low. I mix mostly on headphones so my mixes are pretty bottom heavy. I recently picked up the Sonarworks 4.0 plugin that compensates for known headphone eq curves so I'm hoping that will help.

Thanks for listening!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevola View Post
Thanks for checking it out, and thanks for the feedback. You're right about too much low. I mix mostly on headphones so my mixes are pretty bottom heavy. I recently picked up the Sonarworks 4.0 plugin that compensates for known headphone eq curves so I'm hoping that will help.

Thanks for listening!
Yeah I have the same problem.. ! SW helps (I have it and I love it) but it wont take away the guessing game as regards to how your mix/master will translate. Completely flat headphones are not realistic in that sense...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

FALL IN LUV with LOVE

a tribute to Mr Lennon and the Lads

1997 8 track Daw --

YouTube John would be 78
Attached Files

FALL IN LOVE WITH LOVE.mp3 (10.59 MB, 157 views)

Last edited by cjogo; 4 days ago at 06:39 AM..
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

My spiritual experiment

Hey guys! This is my second release and it explores metaphysical themes and travel through the heavenly realms. Enjoy!

I'm open to feedback. Many blessings!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search