The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 27th October 2018
Gear Head

Well, here goes nothing. I've started a solo project but I unfortunately have very little time to work on it at the moment. If anyone is interested in progressive rock/metal, I'd appreciate any feedback on composition, performance, and mixing. Is the quality high enough to send to labels? I've performed everything you hear myself (either acoustically or through MIDI) and very roughly mixed each song. I'd like to polish them more when I get the chance.

The project is called Innsýn, and I have three demos that can be heard on Innsyn - Music.

Thanks ahead of time! Oh, and you'll need awhile... The songs are long!
Old 27th October 2018
Here for the gear
just dropped yesterday!!

ill even be releasing a free album this Wednesday which is Halloween so stay tuned!!

her song ft. DANNIE JEMS (prod. DJ Dirty Dan) by ty jewels | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 28th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLateNight View Post
This is authentically me playing this piece, albeit yes with a sample piano-however no editing trickery or midi used.

Mosaics by David Lilly-Composer | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Major kudos for bold authenticity. I love the places that you go in this piece....as well as how you go there.
Old 28th October 2018
Lives for gear

I tuned up my room a bit and let a little more in to the sound for this one.

Truth

Old 28th October 2018
Lives for gear

Old 28th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
That’s not so much trance as in the traditional sense but a good attempt at it, that’s more techno/synthwave stuff. Still a good job. I think Vocaloid works really well for this kind of stuff. I think the next thing you should do should be a children’s pop or bubblegum dance album. I think Vocaloid works really well for that kind of stuff, and I want to use it in the future for similar stuff. I actually was looking at Hatsune Miku and some similar Vocaloids for mine, as well as some of the ones you have, since I plan on having some non-English songs too.
Old 29th October 2018
Lives for gear

No vocals on this one.

Old 31st October 2018
Gear Maniac

Demo

Hello everyone,

4 songs as demo EP for an album with 9 songs.
Need to be mixed properly.

Tim & Haider EP by Preproduction 12/2017 Haider | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Any advice is highly appreciated. I heard them too much

Kind Regards.

Tim.
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Quick guitar riff --and piano diddy >> drums/strings & bass on the keys of my K2600 .. 90's Romplers RULE :=) 16 track DAW
Attached Files

CRYSTALIZED.mp3 (11.12 MB, 767 views)

CARMELIZED.mp3 (9.67 MB, 738 views)

Old 1st November 2018
Here for the gear
IIWII

check out my mixtape!! tracks produced by 808mafia! hear it here first. coming to all platforms soon! IIWII by ty jewels | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 15th November 2018
Old 16th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Playing this is my office.....and now I have company. There are some folks grooving to these sounds right now.
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Nut
Here is one of mine it's called "too much". I hope you all enjoy it.

Too Much by Kevin Ibsen | ReverbNation
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Nut
And another one called shot in the back.

Shot in the Back by Kevin Ibsen | ReverbNation
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Playing this is my office.....and now I have company. There are some folks grooving to these sounds right now.
I'm very happy to hear that! Thanks for playing the song
Old 18th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
a few of the verses sound weak, the ones with the depressed voices/weak delivery dont sound authentic. I liked driftn.

apparently soundcloud is ****ting out anti cigarette adds now.
Those anti-smoking ads were pissing me off until the last couple weeks. Now all I get are some White Castle ads with "ghost faced killer". I paid for SC Pro thinking the ads would go away, but apparently that's a higher tier.
Old 18th November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevola View Post
Here is one of mine it's called "too much". I hope you all enjoy it.

Too Much by Kevin Ibsen | ReverbNation
Hi, I enjoyed listening to your playlist, I like it.
Old 18th November 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodlist View Post
Hi, I enjoyed listening to your playlist, I like it.
Thank you for listening!

By the way, I would love to hear any constructive criticism on any aspect of the tunes I posted links for.

Thanks!
Old 19th November 2018
Gear Nut

New Stones kind rock tune

So Isolated by Tom Paul | Free Listening on SoundCloud

This is a song about how we are increasingly isolated in society....in these echo chambers of news that we chose. Like most of my recent songs, the guitars and bass are kemper profiles. The keyboard is a Waves plug.

I was watching a youtube guitar lesson about drone string leads and that's where the main riff came from...not the actual riff, but the idea. I am an old man compared to most of you, but I love cruising youtube for guitar and bass lesson videos to help me expand my reach...and recording videos.
Old 19th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool tune....fun listen.

I like how it rocks at the 2:00 mark.......

Old 19th November 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPaul View Post

This is a song about how we are increasingly isolated in society....in these echo chambers of news that we chose. Like most of my recent songs, the guitars and bass are kemper profiles. The keyboard is a Waves plug.

I was watching a youtube guitar lesson about drone string leads and that's where the main riff came from...not the actual riff, but the idea. I am an old man compared to most of you, but I love cruising youtube for guitar and bass lesson videos to help me expand my reach...and recording videos.
This is a well-crafted song with effective instrument breaks and a nice bridge and solid performances. Very Stones-esque in the vocal performance and in the guitar parts. If that's what you were going for you pretty much nailed it. Vocal harmonies were especially nice.

On the nitpicky side, the chorus could use a stronger hook to my ear but then again, give a listen to "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and you hear the same kind of ambiguity. They punch it up with some strong rhythms that make it work.
Finally, the ending lacks authority to my ear. It seems to end too soon and doesn't say anything. All my opinion of course, and I'm probably wrong.

It's a strong effort with an engaging idea and a good melodic riff to start it all off. I actually like it quite a bit.
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevola View Post
This is a well-crafted song with effective instrument breaks and a nice bridge and solid performances. Very Stones-esque in the vocal performance and in the guitar parts. If that's what you were going for you pretty much nailed it. Vocal harmonies were especially nice.

On the nitpicky side, the chorus could use a stronger hook to my ear but then again, give a listen to "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and you hear the same kind of ambiguity. They punch it up with some strong rhythms that make it work.
Finally, the ending lacks authority to my ear. It seems to end too soon and doesn't say anything. All my opinion of course, and I'm probably wrong.

It's a strong effort with an engaging idea and a good melodic riff to start it all off. I actually like it quite a bit.
You know, those are good comments. I think the ending could be stronger too..and that the chorus isn't as good as the rest. But, thank you for listening and for the kind words.
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Cool tune....fun listen.

I like how it rocks at the 2:00 mark.......

Thank you for listening and commenting.
Old 23rd November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
I tuned up my room a bit and let a little more in to the sound for this one.

Truth

Sounds good to me! I think this one has that mysterious "sounds like a record" quality to it.
Old 23rd November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPaul View Post

Good job, I like the song and the mix - they speak the same "language".
Old 24th November 2018
Gear Addict

@ YourBestFriend

Well everything about the recording/performance is all over the place but the song does sound interesting! I wish you would start doing proper productions and stop this goofing around thing..
Old 24th November 2018
Gear Nut

Having a giraffe (in the cockney vernacular)?

There's actually a good song in there somewhere, hiding behind the timing problems (the drums seem to be from a different song?!?) and the lofi recording. There's good lofi, and then there's just things that sound poorly done, and this is falling on the side of the latter. It's obvious you can sing and play. I'd like to hear you do something a bit more focused.
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Sounds good to me! I think this one has that mysterious "sounds like a record" quality to it.

Thanks for that!!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search