The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post your "finished" demos here Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza788 View Post
Woke up one morning half asleep
With all my blankets in a heap
And yellow roses scattered all around
The time was still approaching four
I couldn't stand it anymore
Saw marigolds upon my eiderdown..............

i like this music
Beautiful poem. Regards.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

The Mirror of Fear Tales

The Mirror of Fear Tales

Best Regards
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Great post!

Just to provide some perspective I would like to point out that one of the most popular artists currently in Finland was basically laughed out from all the labels and told that he would have absolutely no future in todays music biz and that he should most definitely seek a different career.

Anyway not willing to give up this guy and his friends decided to establish a record company of their own and published their music regardless of the discouragement from the industry pros.. and the rest is history. Just goes to show that stories like this are still born.
I love stories like that, and there are so many -- including in fields that are not music (Einstein... Van Gogh...). Who is this artist so that I can look him up?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
I love stories like that, and there are so many -- including in fields that are not music (Einstein... Van Gogh...). Who is this artist so that I can look him up?
Yep, me too! The artist is Arttu Wiskari:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3XqH...QKK6lAqOX17saA
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Here is a new song I did produced by THEWAVEPRODUCER! Find him on Instagram title is the same!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg09 View Post
Here is a new song I did produced by THEWAVEPRODUCER! Find him on Instagram title is the same!
Very cool....like it a lot.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I like the tune but I feel that it needs more excitement to really stand out. I would consider trying something like a Waves Aphex Vintage Exciter on the the lead rap.

Also I feel that the song needs to breathe a little bit more, some fine tuning of the arrangement would prolly do it, meaning that the energy level of the song should be musically dynamic within the song.

Get rid of the fade out ending (I pretty much say this each and every time I hear a fade out ending in a rap song!) and lessen the auto tune on the 2nd lead section! :-)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Imagine (4 Young Lads)

Imagine (4 Young Lads)

I wrote this song with 60s Rock in mind. The Beatles helped lead the way, so it has a strong wording that it is about The Beatles. But it is more about what was happening in the 60s.

https://www.reverbnation.com/silverb...ads-reprise-rm

There must have been a billion girls
Tears in their eye's crying out Pauls name
Dad said the worlds gone crazy
The news man said the kids have all gone insane
Yeah - thats when the whole thing blossomed
Sure did change those whorn out borring days
Bulbs popping - camras rolling
Life was young
Rock N Roll had set a blaze

Chorus

Imagine four young lads
Setting the world on fire
Imagine a craze so mad
Out of control with desire

There must have been a billion guys
Stars in their eye's playing out Johns songs
Mom said their hair's so shabby
The barber said that hair's just way to long
Yeah - that's when the party started
Felt like it was never gonna end
Drums pounding guitar screaming
Grass was green
Peace and love had set a trend

Repeat chorus

Oh good times they never have to end
You can visit any time you want - just bring your ears and your mind to attend
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Very cool....like it a lot.
Thank you sir!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like the tune but I feel that it needs more excitement to really stand out. I would consider trying something like a Waves Aphex Vintage Exciter on the the lead rap.

Also I feel that the song needs to breathe a little bit more, some fine tuning of the arrangement would prolly do it, meaning that the energy level of the song should be musically dynamic within the song.

Get rid of the fade out ending (I pretty much say this each and every time I hear a fade out ending in a rap song!) and lessen the auto tune on the 2nd lead section! :-)
Thank you for the feedback! I will keep what you said in mind!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo View Post
One fact that denotes a "finished"demo, for me >>> if more than 90% of the musicians have passed way on the recording & the media that was used for recording -- would very difficult to recover and edit ..
Awesome track! I love how the vocal reverb is simple and short. It gives the rest of the instruments space to stand out and adds vibe to the record. Tell the vocalist that the melody he chose to use on this song is very nice! I could listen to this at an Irish Pub drinking some whiskey and having some good conversations with some down to earth women Was the vocalist you btw??
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Awesome track! I love how the vocal reverb is simple and short. It gives the rest of the instruments space to stand out and adds vibe to the record. Tell the vocalist that the melody he chose to use on this song is very nice! I could listen to this at an Irish Pub drinking some whiskey and having some good conversations with some down to earth women Was the vocalist you btw??
Thanks for the listen.... We were tracking a quick live feel -- 8 track DAW -- few mics >> my friend just popped in the studio door -- had his mando - started jamm'in along >> ...Unfortunately both have passed away now
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo View Post
Thanks for the listen.... We were tracking a quick live feel -- 8 track DAW -- few mics >> my friend just popped in the studio door -- had his mando - started jamm'in along >> ...Unfortunately both have passed away now
Oh I'm sorry to hear about that. Well, thank you for sharing what your friend did. It was awesome
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBeat View Post
Imagine (4 Young Lads)

I wrote this song with 60s Rock in mind. The Beatles helped lead the way, so it has a strong wording that it is about The Beatles. But it is more about what was happening in the 60s.

There must have been a billion girls
Tears in their eye's crying out Pauls name
Dad said the worlds gone crazy
The news man said the kids have all gone insane
Yeah - thats when the whole thing blossomed
Sure did change those whorn out borring days
Bulbs popping - camras rolling
Life was young
Rock N Roll had set a blaze

Chorus

Imagine four young lads
Setting the world on fire
Imagine a craze so mad
Out of control with desire

There must have been a billion guys
Stars in their eye's playing out Johns songs
Mom said their hair's so shabby
The barber said that hair's just way to long
Yeah - that's when the party started
Felt like it was never gonna end
Drums pounding guitar screaming
Grass was green
Peace and love had set a trend

Repeat chorus

Oh good times they never have to end
You can visit any time you want - just bring your ears and your mind to attend
Nice, I like the beat. You even got the string ensemble sound right for the 60’s. Maybe even adding a keyboard brass part could work too for the sequel of this song. I’d love to see you do one based on 70’s and 80’s rock as well. Maybe the 70’s based one can be like Led Zeppelin or some other rock band, and the 80’s one can be a straight up hair rock song with synths and guitars. You do a good job on guitar, bass, drums and keyboard! Hope to see more in this vain, maybe even a song that’s a tribute to Motown, which definitely influenced rock music.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBeat View Post
Imagine (4 Young Lads)

Good tune. Brings me back to February of 1965 on a black and white tv.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Yep, me too! The artist is Arttu Wiskari:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3XqH...QKK6lAqOX17saA
Thank you! I watched some of his videos and listened to his songs. Too bad I can’t understand Finnish!

His YouTube videos seem to have over 20 million views so that’s not bad at all...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Looking for feedback

Hey guys I just bounced a first rough mix on a new (alternative) rock tune I have been working on lately. No automation as of yet so the levels are surely a bit off and stuff, thought this might however be a good point to get some feedback. Would be great to hear what you think about this one. Written, performed and produced by me:

https://soundcloud.com/fall-of-twent...515-v2/s-8iYok

Last edited by jugetsu85; 1 week ago at 08:53 PM.. Reason: New link
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

When the phone screams

When the phone screams

Best Regards
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite_daddy View Post
What do y'all think of this pop-country I'm making, could use some suggestions on the "final" mix?

Thanks!!

https://clyp.it/eir1szb1?token=6071f...b5722904a51216

I think this is a good tune, man!

Got some classic country lyrics going on and the mix sounds pretty tight as well listening here in my office.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Mix and Song Feedback of debut single

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Here's a new one... Please send your mix notes if you'd be so kind...

thx

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/slow-motion-1
Overall, a great track - as usual. Notes: there's some kind of low-mid boxy ring on the vocals - right around 200Hz. (That's my way of saying: "I know it's above 100 and below 500, so I'm gonna pick a round number".) The bass has quite a bit happening there too, which is particularly an issue because of the sustained nature of the part. Also sounds to me like you've gone slightly too far with your signature vocal saturation; so, together with the boxiness, the vocal kind of sounds like the vocal is part of a different mix from the instruments. (Easy to do if they're largely VSTs, and therefore particularly rich and full-frequency.)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen L T View Post
Overall, a great track - as usual. Notes: there's some kind of low-mid boxy ring on the vocals - right around 200Hz. (That's my way of saying: "I know it's above 100 and below 500, so I'm gonna pick a round number".) The bass has quite a bit happening there too, which is particularly an issue because of the sustained nature of the part. Also sounds to me like you've gone slightly too far with your signature vocal saturation; so, together with the boxiness, the vocal kind of sounds like the vocal is part of a different mix from the instruments. (Easy to do if they're largely VSTs, and therefore particularly rich and full-frequency.)
Good notes thx

For me, Upright is hard to fit into a mix with male vox
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Amores Perros

Amores Perros

Best Regards
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Here's a new one... Please send your mix notes if you'd be so kind...

thx

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/slow-motion-1
I agree with @Owen L T about the vocals.......they are in a slightly odd space relative to the song.

I like that lead guitar work a whole lot.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
I agree with @Owen L T about the vocals.......they are in a slightly odd space relative to the song.

I like that lead guitar work a whole lot.
Now that you mention it, the lead guitar is pretty awesome - but is a good 2-3dB down from where a legit lead/solo probably ought to be sitting in the mix. A solo like that should sound like the guitarist stepping forward on the stage (even though, obviously, a guitarist stepping forward doesn't change the sound at all), but to me the guitar remains nestled back with the drummer - just next to (or even a little behind) the snare.
Old 6 days ago
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you @wagtunes and @bill5 for feedback on the mix of this song. Very much appreciated.
You posted on the wrong place.

Here is the Post your "finished" demos here and not the Post your rough demos.

~HW

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search