The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post your "finished" demos here Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 10th February 2018
  #5251
Lives for gear
 
DougS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Sounds good. I like it. I would use a breath control and de-essing plugin to work on (remove or significantly reduce) the volume of the breaths between phrases and some of the esss sounds.

For me they became a distraction from the otherwise good song.

Some of the breath sounds add to a sense of desperation and drama to the performance - which is good - so I would be strategic about where and how much I keep. So my advise would be to not remove all the breath sounds. Keep the ones (although at a lower volume) were they add drama to the story of the song.

Nice track. Thanks for sharing.
Old 13th February 2018
  #5253
Tried out the Slate VMS over the holidays recorded this original tune, a completely new version. Getting ready to do You Tube video at the end of the month.

Old 13th February 2018
  #5254
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeefe1032 View Post
Tried out the Slate VMS over the holidays recorded this original tune, a completely new version. Getting ready to do You Tube video at the end of the month.

Sounds really good to me.....for my tastes there's a bit much echo/reverb (or maybe it's just the type you used?), would like to hear this w/that changed or toned down some, but again that's just me. The overall sound is
Old 14th February 2018
  #5255
Here for the gear
A hybrid track about space...or something like that.

I wrote this last summer, around 3-4am...had just gotten back from work. Then I wrote a bunch of another tracks, which explains why I finished this one six months later. All feedback is welcome and leave a link to your track as well, if you want.

YouTube (I made fancy visuals to compensate for the average music)

FTL by J-M | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 16th February 2018
  #5256
Lives for gear
 

Well done IMO. I think maybe this one also a bit heavy on the reverb, causing a slight "boxy" feel, might try toning it down a little, and/or cranking the higher end in places, e.g. the strings. Speaking of which maybe the strings could be a bit louder to me...they give the track a lot of its "power" IMO. But these are nit-picks, IMO this would be a great soundtrack tune for some suspense flick!
Old 16th February 2018
  #5257
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Well done IMO. I think maybe this one also a bit heavy on the reverb, causing a slight "boxy" feel, might try toning it down a little, and/or cranking the higher end in places, e.g. the strings. Speaking of which maybe the strings could be a bit louder to me...they give the track a lot of its "power" IMO. But these are nit-picks, IMO this would be a great soundtrack tune for some suspense flick!
Thanks Bill! Do you mean that the overall track has too much reverb or just certain instruments? I actually struggled with the string levels a bit, ended up with lower levels than usual. Then again, especially at the end, there are plenty of things going on so I wanted to give other instruments some space as well...
Old 17th February 2018
  #5258
Here for the gear
Guitar Instrumentals

Rolling these slowly over the next few weeks.

More to come...

David Baker | ReverbNation

If you like them, please click the 'become a fan'. Love to talk to you and appreciate your time!

Thank you!
Old 17th February 2018
  #5259
Here for the gear
 

Spells Of Vertigo 'All The Love'

Old 18th February 2018
  #5260
Gear Nut
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Fall of Twentyseven - Kiss the Stone

Hey guys, I just posted my latest track on Soundcloud and I am a actually somewhat hyped about this one! I am not sure that this is 100% ready, but I know I want to give it a chance to be heard at this point.

This song is called "Kiss the Stone". It is a sad "lovemetal" song that tells a story of a man who has lost his loved one to an untimely death. The lyrics can be found on Soundcloud's track description, if you are interested.

This time I have really paid a lot of attention to the lead vocal and I really believe this song represents the best work from me so far. I really hope to hear your opinions on this one. I got some new plugins running on this track as well:



EDIT: New version available:

As always, any comments are truly appreciated!

Last edited by jugetsu85; 4th March 2018 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Link for the new version
Old 20th February 2018
  #5261
Here for the gear
 

Hey guys,

I released my first EP last month, and would love your feedback/critiques on the songwriting, production, or anything else that sticks out to you!

Here is on of the songs, called 'Sweet Like Apple pie'

Spotify Web Player - Sweet Like Apple Pie - ALON

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,
Alon
Old 20th February 2018
  #5262
Lives for gear
Hi Guys

Here are two versions of the same track. The opening (till the first chorus) is the part that is different. The first link has a slow build at the top and the second is straight in with the beat.

Which works best to you? Still needs final mix and mastering.

There is some Logic version of "auto tune" that I added as an effect, but it is still quite subtle so I remove it or try to make it more obvious, or just leave it?

Thanks for listening.




Old 20th February 2018
  #5263
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
Which works best to you?
I kind of like the subtle slow build. Good groove going here. I like the vocals a lot just as they are.
Old 20th February 2018
  #5264
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
...and while I'm here...here's an odd tune that I just finished as a challenge to write an over the top positive song. I can't say that I quite pulled it off.

I started with the title and worked from there.

Invincible
SoundClick artist: Leonard Scaper - Ballad Rock
Old 20th February 2018
  #5265
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
I kind of like the subtle slow build. Good groove going here. I like the vocals a lot just as they are.
Thanks Lenny.
Old 20th February 2018
  #5266
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
...and while I'm here...here's an odd tune that I just finished as a challenge to write an over the top positive song. I can't say that I quite pulled it off.

I started with the title and worked from there.

Invincible
SoundClick artist: Leonard Scaper - Ballad Rock
I really like this song.

The arrangement and mix is very nice and warm, like a comfort blanket! The harmonica especially sounds fantastic.
Old 21st February 2018
  #5267
Lives for gear
I've updated both versions. The "extended club edit" now has a middle section. The "radio edit" has a small 1 bar break in the middle now as well. Both versions have less tuning (almost removed) and the bass now has more sub during the chorus.
Old 22nd February 2018
  #5268
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Hey guys, I just posted my latest track on Soundcloud and I am a actually somewhat hyped about this one! I am not sure that this is 100% ready, but I know I want to give it a chance to be heard at this point.

This song is called "Kiss the Stone". It is a sad "lovemetal" song that tells a story of a man who has lost his loved one to an untimely death. The lyrics can be found on Soundcloud's track description, if you are interested.

This time I have really paid a lot of attention to the lead vocal and I really believe this song represents the best work from me so far. I really hope to hear your opinions on this one. I got some new plugins running on this track as well:



As always, any comments are truly appreciated!
I think this is going in the right direction with your vocals!
Really having to reach deep down inside is important for this kind of music and it sounds like you're trying that now. It's tough to do it in a controlled studio setting, I get it. It's about drowning yourself out just enough to make you push a little harder. Once you get the hang of it though, it isn't as tough to conjure up.
Old 24th February 2018
  #5269
Lives for gear
 
cjogo's Avatar
This clients last CD >>. Tracked like the last 25+ years == The Roland VS system
Attached Files

RADIO FINAL.mp3 (11.69 MB, 529 views)

Old 24th February 2018
  #5270
Here for the gear
Amy Triptyline - Forsaken

Have a Listen, thanks!
Attached Files

Forsaken-M-1.mp3 (6.23 MB, 468 views)

Old 25th February 2018
  #5271
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisalon View Post
Hey guys,

I released my first EP last month, and would love your feedback/critiques on the songwriting, production, or anything else that sticks out to you!

Here is on of the songs, called 'Sweet Like Apple pie'

Spotify Web Player - Sweet Like Apple Pie - ALON

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,
Alon
so far I quite like the writing, playing and arrangement. You also sing pretty well, but there is something about the vocals that is pinched and nasally... almost like a sm7m through a band-pass filter or something that is rubbing my ears the wrong way. Does that even make any sense?

Nice songs too.
Old 25th February 2018
  #5272
Gear Maniac
Old 25th February 2018
  #5273
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
Hi Guys

Here are two versions of the same track. The opening (till the first chorus) is the part that is different. The first link has a slow build at the top and the second is straight in with the beat.

Which works best to you? Still needs final mix and mastering.

There is some Logic version of "auto tune" that I added as an effect, but it is still quite subtle so I remove it or try to make it more obvious, or just leave it?

Thanks for listening.




Could totally see these working on the dancefloor. I'm pretty split on which version wins tho. Nice
Old 25th February 2018
  #5274
Quote:
Originally Posted by themiracle View Post
I like the old school sounding hip hop vibe.
Thankyou. Much appreciated!
Old 25th February 2018
  #5275
Songs Here

New Demo Songs I have recently made are here Give them a listen if u want.
YouTube

Old 25th February 2018
  #5276
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by themiracle View Post
Could totally see these working on the dancefloor. I'm pretty split on which version wins tho. Nice
Cheers
Old 26th February 2018
  #5277
Gear Addict
I much prefer the first one (the slow build) to the second. Sounds wrong for me for the drums to kick in so early. Also, a song has to "go" somewhere. In version 1, I know that it's going to build and kick in, because you already hear that it's a fast tempo. So the anticipation is already there and helps to make you want to listen more. It also makes it better when it does finally kick in.

Great song, btw!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
Hi Guys

Here are two versions of the same track. The opening (till the first chorus) is the part that is different. The first link has a slow build at the top and the second is straight in with the beat.

Which works best to you? Still needs final mix and mastering.

There is some Logic version of "auto tune" that I added as an effect, but it is still quite subtle so I remove it or try to make it more obvious, or just leave it?

Thanks for listening.




Old 26th February 2018
  #5278
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
I much prefer the first one (the slow build) to the second. Sounds wrong for me for the drums to kick in so early. Also, a song has to "go" somewhere. In version 1, I know that it's going to build and kick in, because you already hear that it's a fast tempo. So the anticipation is already there and helps to make you want to listen more. It also makes it better when it does finally kick in.

Great song, btw!
Thanks for that. Glad you like it. I actually wrote if for my female partner to sing, but she thought it suited me better, so I recorded it. They key was a bit tricky for sure and I needed a little extra tuning for a few notes!
Old 28th February 2018
  #5279
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by themiracle View Post
so far I quite like the writing, playing and arrangement. You also sing pretty well, but there is something about the vocals that is pinched and nasally... almost like a sm7m through a band-pass filter or something that is rubbing my ears the wrong way. Does that even make any sense?

Nice songs too.

Thanks a bunch! I actually contracted a producer to help with production quality and mastering. We went over a bunch of different vocal mixes, but they all seemed relatively similar to what I have now.

What is an sm7m? Definitely could be a band-pass filter -


Appreciate the listen and happy you like it
Old 1st March 2018
  #5280
Here are a couple of 'finished' demos that I finished last week. It was the first time I used my UA Apollo Quad for the interface and plug-ins; and the first time we recorded together as a group. I'm still trying to find the right level of bass since my room is not very accurate in that department. These would be for licensing or to sell to some well-known old-school artists we know that play music like this.

Enjoy!



Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
pinkheadedbug / Songwriting
5064
neilsby / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
342
feedback711 / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
183
dhollmusik / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
15
Brad Blackwood / High end
76

Forum Jump
Forum Jump