The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 25th February 2017
  #4501
Under my nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeefe1032 View Post
My comment is simple - Great work! Really enjoyed the keyboard and vocal performances. All the different mood changes are spot on! It all works for me.
Great to hear,...thanks
Old 26th February 2017
  #4502
Here for the gear
 

Slowly



The e.p. is on Spotify at https://open.spotify.com/album/21BT6jMG0Uqr4vUEC3pF2w
Old 26th February 2017
  #4503
Here's a power-pop style song I produced and mixed for a good friend. He sings, plays guitar and keys. I play bass and programmed the drums.

http://alhospers.com/music/SteveDore/MyOldPlace.mp3

Last edited by climber; 3rd May 2017 at 10:56 AM..
Old 26th February 2017
  #4504
Gear Nut
 

Original Tune "Keyhole"

This is an acoustic tune from my EP "Passage". The name of the tune is "Keyhole".

https://soundcloud.com/bradrosten/keyhole
Old 28th February 2017
  #4505
Have another deadline hitting us on Friday for an independent film tune - "Hard Times For Heroes". Upbeat, jazzy is the goal but still have time to make some changes. New recording of an older original! Any suggestions are always welcome.

www.soundcloud.com/tkeefe/hard-times
Old 3rd March 2017
  #4506
Here for the gear
 

Here a studio jam by Rikaar (us) from Belgium
What do ou think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9hW8Y7jYAA

Greetz
Old 4th March 2017
  #4507
Here for the gear
 

Not sure if mine are 'finished' demo quality yet since I record everything at home by myself and am still pretty new to the whole process but if they are Demo quality please let me know! Here's a couple of songs. Any comments / tips / critiques / whatever / are welcomed!

Also, if the production quality is good enough for a demo to be sent out, is the songwriting up to snuff to even be sent? Still a noob at songwriting, but I want to make sure my songwriting is up to par and good enough.

Genre is Indie/Shoegaze/Alternative/Post-Punk



Old 5th March 2017
  #4508
Here for the gear
Uncharted Worlds ("Epic" orchestral w/some synths)

I originally meant to do some metal next, but I recently got a chance to work with a real drummer and possibly with a singer too, so I did this while waiting for schedules to clear up. As always, feedback is welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/mrlinssi/uncharted-worlds
Old 5th March 2017
  #4509
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
Here's a power-pop style song I produced and mixed for a good friend. He sings, plays guitar and keys. I play bass and programmed the drums.

http://alhospers.com/music/SteveDore/MyOldPlace.mp3
no one listened? no interest? no one liked it? no one hated it?

always interested in comments, good or bad...

Last edited by climber; 5th March 2017 at 06:31 PM..
Old 5th March 2017
  #4510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLinssi View Post
I originally meant to do some metal next, but I recently got a chance to work with a real drummer and possibly with a singer too, so I did this while waiting for schedules to clear up. As always, feedback is welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/mrlinssi/uncharted-worlds
Sounds pretty good.
Old 5th March 2017
  #4511
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLinssi View Post
I originally meant to do some metal next, but I recently got a chance to work with a real drummer and possibly with a singer too, so I did this while waiting for schedules to clear up. As always, feedback is welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/mrlinssi/uncharted-worlds
Very nice......a very dynamic piece.
Old 5th March 2017
  #4512
Here for the gear
Thank you Unclenny and Neurojazz! I wasn't sure about doing another calmer section in the middle since the song is so short, but people seem to like it, which is always nice.
Old 5th March 2017
  #4513
Lives for gear
 
paul brown's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
no one listened? no interest? no one liked it? no one hated it?

always interested in comments, good or bad...
Link is broken, at least for me. Maybe why no one is commenting!
Old 5th March 2017
  #4514
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brown View Post
Link is broken, at least for me. Maybe why no one is commenting!
Fixed... sorry
Old 5th March 2017
  #4515
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
no one listened? no interest? no one liked it? no one hated it?

always interested in comments, good or bad...
I liked it......I thought for sure it was going to be too long but you did a good job of using the guitars to maintain interest toward the end.

I like how you push your voice a bit past your comfort zone in places. That really added to the feeling.
Old 5th March 2017
  #4516
Here for the gear
 

Nights

A demo i did with a friend we got the majority of the instrumental online but i think we put some stuff in it comments are greatly appreciated thanks! its a little rough haha

https://soundcloud.com/sortabadleftovers/nights-demo
Old 5th March 2017
  #4517
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
no one listened? no interest? no one liked it? no one hated it?

always interested in comments, good or bad...
Horrible!

Not sure I'm getting "power pop," sounds like a straight ahead ballad-ish song to me, but well done regardless IMO.
Old 6th March 2017
  #4518
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Horrible!

Not sure I'm getting "power pop," sounds like a straight ahead ballad-ish song to me, but well done regardless IMO.
Thank You... It's in that REO SpeedWagon style. I think that the lyrics speak to people "of a certain age".
Old 6th March 2017
  #4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
I liked it......I thought for sure it was going to be too long but you did a good job of using the guitars to maintain interest toward the end.

I like how you push your voice a bit past your comfort zone in places. That really added to the feeling.
thank you very much. that's actually my friend Steve Dore singing. he was in a very popular band in New England in the 80's called The Blend. they had a deal and did 2 albums for MCI but broke up before they could break out of the regional thing. he started writing and playing out again about 5 years ago and this was one of his more recent tunes.

RE song length... yes, I tried to keep adding things as the song progressed that would keep the interest. I didn't have to do much to his vocal performance to make it happen. he has a great vocal timbre, tho not want I would call powerful.

FWIW he played and sang everything except bass & drums, which I played and programmed.
Old 6th March 2017
  #4520
Lives for gear
 
Zyzygis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
no one listened? no interest? no one liked it? no one hated it?

always interested in comments, good or bad...
I liked it a lot. I thought it was very well written and produced. I would say it's of commercial standard. I think the sentiment comes across perfectly and the story is well conveyed by the musical choices. I was moved by it! Well done!
Old 7th March 2017
  #4521
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by igormink View Post
Hi, here is my finished track. It is recorded live, vocals are overdubbed. Everything was recorded analog.
https://soundcloud.com/igormilovcic10/new-morning
Maybe missed it but didn't see any comments. Really like tbh didn't care much for the extended vocal chorus thing in the middle, but did like the one at the end. Really nice overall though. Put it on youtube so I can download it
Old 7th March 2017
  #4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I liked it a lot. I thought it was very well written and produced. I would say it's of commercial standard. I think the sentiment comes across perfectly and the story is well conveyed by the musical choices. I was moved by it! Well done!
WOW... Thank you very very much. My partner/client and I think that if this were in the '80's instead of 2017 we might have a hit. not to mention that we are both 70 Y/O this year.
Old 7th March 2017
  #4523
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
thank you very much. that's actually my friend Steve Dore singing. he was in a very popular band in New England in the 80's called The Blend. they had a deal and did 2 albums for MCI but broke up before they could break out of the regional thing. he started writing and playing out again about 5 years ago and this was one of his more recent tunes.
Had to give it another listen. Steve sounds pretty darn good...for an old guy.

I'm 65. Hope I sound half as good when I get old.
Old 7th March 2017
  #4524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Had to give it another listen. Steve sounds pretty darn good...for an old guy.

I'm 65. Hope I sound half as good when I get old.
ThnX man...I'll tell him. We will never get a deal or distribution, but we both still have a lot of music in us. That's what life is all about for us.
Old 8th March 2017
  #4525
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemander View Post
This is an acoustic tune from my EP "Passage". The name of the tune is "Keyhole".

https://soundcloud.com/bradrosten/keyhole
Really enjoyed that man! Keep it up!
Old 9th March 2017
  #4526
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Maybe missed it but didn't see any comments. Really like tbh didn't care much for the extended vocal chorus thing in the middle, but did like the one at the end. Really nice overall though. Put it on youtube so I can download it
Thank you very much
I can send it to you via email if you want it
Old 9th March 2017
  #4527
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
no one listened? no interest? no one liked it? no one hated it?

always interested in comments, good or bad...
Think it's really good. I like the way you've captured the slight gravel in his voice yet managed to keep it smooth. Low end is nice. The vocal is louder than I tend to mix, but I think it's perfect level in this track, resulting in just the right amount of intimacy.
Old 9th March 2017
  #4528
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemander View Post
This is an acoustic tune from my EP "Passage". The name of the tune is "Keyhole".

https://soundcloud.com/bradrosten/keyhole
Got my foot tapping!

Nice soundstage. The mix sounds a little dark, which is actually how I mix my stuff. A very gentle "air" EQ boost of a couple of dB's on the mater bus may be worth trying though?

I liked it.
Old 10th March 2017
  #4529
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTent View Post
Really enjoyed that man! Keep it up!
Thanks. I appreciate it.
Old 10th March 2017
  #4530
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
Got my foot tapping!

Nice soundstage. The mix sounds a little dark, which is actually how I mix my stuff. A very gentle "air" EQ boost of a couple of dB's on the mater bus may be worth trying though?

I liked it.
Thanks for checking it out. I'll have to play with the air boost on next acoustic tunes.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump