The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 4th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
I listened here in my office on Sony 7506 headphones and I have to say that the bass caught my attention a bit.

I'll listen again tonight in the studio and see how that strikes me.
Thanks
Old 5th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
I posted a mix of this in the Rough Demo section and here is the finished, mastered version. The mastering engineer made the first version too bass light, as I'd spent some time getting warmth in the low end, then I was concerned that this version was may be too bass heavy, but he assured me it's not too much but certainly not bass shy. Anyway, I'm happy with it. Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/kanewilliams-...6-bit-44100-hz

It does seem bass heavy.
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
It does seem bass heavy.
Do you think I can put the masters into my DAW, take a little low end out myself and create fresh masters? Is there any technical downsides to doing this rather than returning to the mastering engineer? He is a friend and did me the best rate imaginable so I'm reluctant to ask him to Jane another go.
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do you think I can put the masters into my DAW, take a little low end out myself and create fresh masters?
I am listening right now through my Ultrasone 900's.....they always tell me a lot about the low end. I think I'd be messing around with that kick/bass guitar thing in the mix a little.
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
I am listening right now through my Ultrasone 900's.....they always tell me a lot about the low end. I think I'd be messing around with that kick/bass guitar thing in the mix a little.

Thanks again.

I think I'm going to leave it alone for now though, as I'm already working on the next two. However, I may revisit this and appreciate your input.
Old 5th May 2016
Quote:
Do you think I can put the masters into my DAW, take a little low end out myself and create fresh masters? Is there any technical downsides to doing this rather than returning to the mastering engineer? He is a friend and did me the best rate imaginable so I'm reluctant to ask him to Jane another go.
Can't hurt to try.

You should post the original, that you thought was bass deprived. Maybe its GTG.
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Can't hurt to try.

You should post the original, that you thought was bass deprived. Maybe its GTG.
No, the first one was definitely bass deprived and also a little over compressed. I did not like the first version at all.

I've had some other people tell me they think the bass is ok on the second version. I tend to think it's like 10-20% too heavy. But the first version was at least 50% too light.
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've had some other people tell me they think the bass is ok on the second version. I tend to think it's like 10-20% too heavy. But the first version was at least 50% too light.
I like the way the song sounds in general. We do tend to nitpick here sometimes, right?
Old 5th May 2016
Quote:
No, the first one was definitely bass deprived and also a little over compressed. I did not like the first version at all.

Listened through my trusty JBL 4311s and you wanted a nice warm bass and it comes through just right here. These speakers have been safe for a couple decades. Really enjoyed the song overall. Love the vocal work as always!
Old 5th May 2016
Nothing Is Ever Finished At JJ's Recording Shack...

They just sort of get ignored for a while, and then I go, huh, I guess I was all verklempt over nothing. Not too many guys like this song, but I didn't write it for their approval anyway. My mom and some female cousins like it a lot....smile. Totally outside of my usual zone, but that is what happens when you stay up all night thinking about "Edelweiss"....
https://soundcloud.com/jjinvegas/dan...-mr-jj-johnson
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeefe1032 View Post
Listened through my trusty JBL 4311s and you wanted a nice warm bass and it comes through just right here. These speakers have been safe for a couple decades. Really enjoyed the song overall. Love the vocal work as always!
Thanks
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
I like the way the song sounds in general. We do tend to nitpick here sometimes, right?
Thank you
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear

I am not the one on the bike. Just the vocals and instruments:

Old 5th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by faramita View Post

Dude, you kill me. Another great one.
Old 6th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

Love it...again!
Old 7th May 2016
Lives for gear
BBC Radio Sheffield played our track "Doing It All Wtong". The DJ said he loves it! Cool
Old 7th May 2016
Old 8th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
The DJ said he loves it! Cool
Very cool indeed!
Old 8th May 2016
Lives for gear

Your Muse

Old 9th May 2016
Quote:

I dig the melody. Nice
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I dig the melody. Nice
I appreciate that......thanks so much for just giving it a spin.

Old 11th May 2016
The Good Life - The Slakadeliqs

First song recorded to my "new" 1" Analog tape machine. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Attached Files

Good Life MASTER.mp3 (4.66 MB, 416 views)

Old 15th May 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanGuy View Post
Here's something a little different. I do film score composing. This is not a demo per se, but is a track I did for a short film you can see here. The filmmaker added sound effects, but did a rather poor job of mixing so they end up covering up my music. This version doesn't have the sound effects so you guys can listen (and critique) the music.

Transformers_music - YouTube

and here is the music cue by itself.

This track sounds like something from Star Wars / James Bond, good job man
Old 18th May 2016
Gear Nut
https://soundcloud.com/fredrikdnb/cl...r-eyes/s-eoU42
This is a demo of me doing vocals on my own drum and bass tune! Mic used is a Sontronics STC3X and pre amp comes from my focusrite 2i4 preamp. Looking for feedback on the tune!
Old 18th May 2016
Old 19th May 2016
Here for the gear

Hey guys,

Here is a cover we did of Flume's Never Be Like You.

Let me know your thoughts. If there's any questions on the recording process, I'd be happy to answer!

http://youtu.be/cB7VIc1tOBI
Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypticghost View Post
Hey guys,

Here is a cover we did of Flume's Never Be Like You.

Let me know your thoughts. If there's any questions on the recording process, I'd be happy to answer!

http://youtu.be/cB7VIc1tOBI
I really enjoyed that. You guys made that song yours.
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Another song another vid ;=)

Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Another song another vid ;=)

Excellent work!

......a spiritual/blues video mini-opera in three parts.....

Old 24th May 2016
FXIO - No Picture

This is my new track,
I´d be happy if you listen and leave a comment

https://soundcloud.com/fxio/fxio-no-picture

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search