The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 30th August 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Much appreciated. All the members are multi-instrumentalists (one of them being my assistant engineer, and the other a girl who started out as a client but became a really good friend) and the idea behind the band is to just experiment with everything we've always wanted to do.

@ Unclenny , that guitar in the beginning is my attempt at getting something like a resonator kinda sound as pure acoustic slide just felt too bland and "pretty". Truth be told, I really wanted a real reso to track this with but I couldn't get my hands on one (a situation I'm going to remedy as soon as I can), so I used my brightest acoustic guitar, mic'd it like I would do with a reso, worked my playing style a it and gave it a spot of EQ and some funky-sounding resonance with a convolution reverb. I actually dig what came out of the experiment.

Here's a much more poppy track if you're interested:
Old 30th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerV View Post
I actually dig what came out of the experiment.
Yeah...I knew I was hearing a reso...but not quite. It works. I did want it to have more space in the mix, though.....especially there at the beginning.

I like that other tune a lot as well. You guys have something good happening.
Old 30th August 2015
Lives for gear

Whoever that young woman is, she blows the pipes off any of the gals on American Idol . . . . just, wow.
Old 31st August 2015
Wind language

Here's one I've been shaping for a week or two. Just recorded with a focusrite, flstudio, cheap condensor mics and my favorite ernie ball guitar. Not entirely sure of the genre, heavy alternative maybe.

Let me know what kind of genre it sounds like to you. Thanks!

Old 1st September 2015
Gear Nut

Acoustic instrumental "A Little Rain"

This is an acoustic instrumental that I just finished.

https://soundcloud.com/bradrosten/a-little-rain
Old 1st September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemander View Post
This is an acoustic instrumental that I just finished.

https://soundcloud.com/bradrosten/a-little-rain
Very nice.

I love how the instruments take the vocal....very lyrical.
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

After You've Gone - Shelby Sanborn

A Classic Jazz Vocal:

Old 2nd September 2015
Here for the gear

Hi everyone, just want to say that I had post a song link of one of my song entitled: 'I LOVE YOU INSIDE OUT' in this forum but now I cannot fine it. can some one help me fine please? I need to read the feedback that persons had made.

Here is the link again: https://soundcloud.com/vlg2009/datti...nside-out-demo
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Very nice.

I love how the instruments take the vocal....very lyrical.
Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it.
Old 3rd September 2015
Big Ninja Delight

Hey guys, this is my first post. But I have been reading this forum for years, and felt it relevant to post the fruits of my labor; guided by some helpful discussions on this forum (and others) as well as my experience in other aspects of music. This is my first serious engineering/producing effort. I wrote/recorded/arranged the music and performed all the instruments/vocals. Keep that in mind when you feel like I could have treated my recording space better, lol. Because I could have. All things I learned while making this EP. Thanks for this amazing educational tool.
Old 5th September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNinjaDelight View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post. But I have been reading this forum for years, and felt it relevant to post the fruits of my labor; guided by some helpful discussions on this forum (and others) as well as my experience in other aspects of music. This is my first serious engineering/producing effort. I wrote/recorded/arranged the music and performed all the instruments/vocals. Keep that in mind when you feel like I could have treated my recording space better, lol. Because I could have. All things I learned while making this EP. Thanks for this amazing educational tool.
Took a listen, liked and commented on your track which I thoroughly enjoyed!
Very catchy tune and an all around great recording. It sounds very professional in all aspects, well done Big Nnja!!
Old 5th September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
A Classic Jazz Vocal:

Great job Shelby, you really have a lovely voice!
Old 7th September 2015
Here's a new one, some psychedelic dork funk...

Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
psychedelic dork funk...

Love it!

Definitely hearing your influences. Will you be moving to Montana soon, perchance?
Old 7th September 2015
Here for the gear
Hello,
there is an old demo ..I think to remake it... what are your thoughts about the material/english pronunciation/tempo?
https://soundcloud.com/killme-1/mirror-killme
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
A Classic Jazz Vocal:

Nice. Like the verb on the voice. Any hints on what was used and how?
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNinjaDelight View Post

Like this track. The vocal is quite unusual and at first I was thinking "this would funkier and sound very Jimiroqui with JK singing it" but then the vocal style grew on me and it creates a distinct sound.
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
Here's a new one, some psychedelic dork funk...

Reminds me of Hot Chip. Also Flight Of The Concords! It's got a rawness to it I like.
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_killme View Post
Hello,
there is an old demo ..I think to remake it... what are your thoughts about the material/english pronunciation/tempo?
https://soundcloud.com/killme-1/mirror-killme
Pronunciation is clear enough. What do you want to do differently the second time round? It does sound professional as it is.
Old 7th September 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
Pronunciation is clear enough. What do you want to do differently the second time round? It does sound professional as it is.
Thanks for your feedback, worried about pronunciation cos from Russia, I can't really say what exactly should be changed-will think about it , but it seems to me that it is not in trend..at least, need to slow down temp,
and make it more pop or for mainstream radio format..we here in Russia with a colleague does not have a clue whether it will be interesting in Europe
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
we here in Russia with a colleague does not have a clue whether it will be interesting in Europe
Speaking only for the UK, it's quite rare to hear non English/American accents in mainstream music, but at the same time foreign artist can do very well, but they tend not to have strong accents. I don't know why this is. You may be best to get someone else to sing it?
Old 7th September 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
You may be best to get someone else to sing it?
maybe)will think about it..Thx
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
maybe)will think about it..Thx
That is not because I dislike the vocals by the way.
Old 8th September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post

Love it!

Definitely hearing your influences. Will you be moving to Montana soon, perchance?
If you have a line on a dental floss farm let me know and I'll look into it.

Quote:
Reminds me of Hot Chip. Also Flight Of The Concords! It's got a rawness to it I like.
Hadn't heard of Hot Chip before, very cool stuff, kind of Pet Shop Boys meets Jamiroquai. Heard of FoC but hadn't really listened to anything except that "Crying" song that was in a recent movie and it caught my attention, but your post made me waste about 2 hours watching clips of them. Hilarious, I'm now a fan for life. I'm also jealous of any producer that gets to work on projects like that.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 8th September 2015
Quote:
Thanks for your feedback, worried about pronunciation cos from Russia, I can't really say what exactly should be changed-will think about it , but it seems to me that it is not in trend..at least, need to slow down temp,
and make it more pop or for mainstream radio format..we here in Russia with a colleague does not have a clue whether it will be interesting in Europe
Very nice production, not usually my go-to genre of tunage but the vocal grabbed me, I think the slight accent works. Certainly very well done already regardless if you change vocalists or not.
Old 8th September 2015
Lives for gear
I agree the vocal works and I personally wouldn't want to change something creative to be commercial, but the advice to change vocalist to a "native English speaking" singer was simply to make it more sellable to the UK. That may not even be a consideration.
Old 8th September 2015
Here for the gear

Are you Proud of Me?- Original Song

Hi everyone!

I am only new to this forum and relatively new to song writing and recording. I have recently uploaded my very first original song to soundcloud and I am looking for some feedback on it. If anyone has 3 minutes of free time, I would love to hear what you think!

Here is the link: https://soundcloud.com/ptcruiser1801...ou-proud-of-me

Here is more information about the song:

I wrote this song a little while ago in response to seeing people around me going through some tough times with anxiety and depression and the struggle that they faced on a daily basis. Some of these friends I saw overcome their struggles and some didn't. The song hopefully reflects the persistent nature of mental illness. The 'Are you proud of me?' line reflects one particular person I know whose personal struggles related to never feeling good enough for anyone.

Here are the lyrics:

I see the road,
Narrow right before my eyes,
And in the dark,
The fading light is my disguise.

I hear a voice,
That familiar haunting sound,
It follows me,
I know no place it cant be found.

Are you proud of what you see?
Are you proud of me?

I stand and wait,
To watch you walking right by me,
You think I'm gone,
My shadow isn't there to see.

I keep the faith,
My will is strong if I believe,
In time I'll know,
What I can and can't achieve.

Are you proud of me?

Focus now,
You're reflecting your own dreams,
Broken Down,
Everything's not as it seems.

Weary eyes,
They've seen too much but cannot close,
Sunken Heart,
A lier reaps just what he sows.

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of me?
Old 9th September 2015
Lives for gear
[QUOTE=PTCruiser1801;11319496]Hi everyone!

I am only new to this forum and relatively new to song writing and recording. I have recently uploaded my very first original song to soundcloud and I am looking for some feedback on it. If anyone has 3 minutes of free time, I would love to hear what you think!

Here is the link: https://soundcloud.com/ptcruiser1801...ou-proud-of-me

I like it, reminds me of REM. Needs a harmony from the second verse onward in my opinion to stop the vocal from getting monotonous. Lyrics are good but the vocal gets a bit tiring, so a key change, or harmony or something will elevate it.

Nice work.
Old 9th September 2015
Here for the gear

MrFunk- Thank you so much for taking the time to give me some feedback, I really appreciate it! I take your point about elevating the song from the second verse onwards...it would have a more powerful affect. I will keep your suggestions in mind should I rerecord the song! Thanks again!
Old 9th September 2015
Lives for gear
It's not too late to add a harmony, could be added to the stereo mix? No need to re-record it all again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search