The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioleorec View Post
Thanks for a good words. What do you think about mixing/sound quality?
Best.
Leo
Agreed w/the others, really well done. I shudder to think of trying something that complex myself. If you want a nit-pick, I think the horns could be a touch more prominent and overall it could have a little more high end, but again those are really nit-picks.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Blades

Greetings.

First post here, seems like a great forum. Already learning from this forum!

The song was done on Cubase 8 using EZDrummer for drums. I play the music and my buddy sings. I'm a neophyte doing the recording and am still not sure on the vocal levels. Still trying to get a better drum sound from EZDrummer, but it's getting there.

Thanks for listening and please provide your thoughts.

Ken

https://clyp.it/nqvt3eic
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

A song a about those summerdays when you felt like kings of the summer!

Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic audio View Post

Nice song and the verses sounded beautiful! But I did not like the swoshing drum sound that came in during the choruses. With something else to mark "here is the chorus" it would have been even nicer
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. torture View Post
I've just re-lived the 80's. Thank you!

..ant
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
Greetings.

First post here, seems like a great forum. Already learning from this forum!

The song was done on Cubase 8 using EZDrummer for drums. I play the music and my buddy sings. I'm a neophyte doing the recording and am still not sure on the vocal levels. Still trying to get a better drum sound from EZDrummer, but it's getting there.
Good overall IMO, my only thoughts offhand are I think the vocals should be a little less prominent (maybe just a question of turning down the volume a hair) and the rest just seemed to need a little more "presence" IMO. Hard to explain...and maybe easing off the vocals will give that by default. Also it all seemed a little too huddled in the middle (I'm tempted to say "muddy" but not sure that's really it); IMO maybe try some panning?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I seem to say this a lot so take that into account (i.e. probably best to disregard lol), but again I feel just a little too much mid-range and would've liked it a little brighter. Anyone else feel similar? It's minor though and IMO well done on the whole.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

great stuff y'all. i've really enjoyed several compositions on this page. keep it up!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
I seem to say this a lot so take that into account (i.e. probably best to disregard lol), but again I feel just a little too much mid-range and would've liked it a little brighter. Anyone else feel similar? It's minor though and IMO well done on the whole.
Ah, but the midrange: isn't that where all the magic happens! ?
Old 4 days ago
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
First song with new Genelec monitoring (good stuff but will take some getting used to...). Any input appreciated

Lyrics in Swedish but it's inspired by this if anyone wants to know: Mother Teresa: " Do It Anyway" (The Prayer Foundation).
Nice tight and full bottom, very captivating panning decisions, very cool breathy lead vocals and some very tasty electric guitars.

very nice mix.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Hey fellow enthusiasts I would be very happy to hear your comments on some alt rocks songs I have written/performed & programmed/produced in my bedroom "studio" (lyrics in Finnish, hopefully that does not stop you from listening )

A couple of a bit older "finished" demos:

Thank you in advance for any comments. Please note that I am well aware that the production quality of these songs is not at all identical. I am in the process of learning the art and definitely still looking for the "right" way to do this...
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Latest track, a bit sentimental. It's got strings, it's got mellotron, it's got cello and big fat choirs. :-)

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ah, but the midrange: isn't that where all the magic happens! ?
Not to hear me tell it lol
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
First song with new Genelec monitoring (good stuff but will take some getting used to...). Any input appreciated

Lyrics in Swedish but it's inspired by this if anyone wants to know: Mother Teresa: " Do It Anyway" (The Prayer Foundation).
I have no idea what "Genelec monitoring" is but agree that this was really well produced. Can't think of anything offhand I would change.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
I have no idea what "Genelec monitoring" is but agree that this was really well produced. Can't think of anything offhand I would change.
Haha. Just means I bought new monitor speakers. Really changes how you perceive the music. But thanks!
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
New tune - first release

Here is something I have worked very hard on, thanks if you happen to listen to it. Feedback appreciated. Not looking to send this anywhere, only want to share.

Quote:
Swollen'16 | CHEFS

Swollen'16 by CHEFS, released 20 July 2017
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search