Post your rough demos - Page 50 - Gearslutz Pro Audio Community
Post your rough demos
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Ah yeah that's right, I forgot about that. Anyway, thanks for the listen and the words. I agree.

You know, for you, you should just sing yourself and not use the robots. You're taking a lot of flack for them. Sing yourself or just find a friend or an online collab.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people View Post
Ah yeah that's right, I forgot about that. Anyway, thanks for the listen and the words. I agree.

You know, for you, you should just sing yourself and not use the robots. You're taking a lot of flack for them. Sing yourself or just find a friend or an online collab.
As I said, I cannot sing anymore, have no friends who can sing and don't have the money to hire a singer.

So that's that.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

13th track of my upcoming Broadway CD "Once Upon A Time" and first of four duets to finish the soundtrack.

Lyrics in description

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
As I said, I cannot sing anymore, have no friends who can sing and don't have the money to hire a singer.

So that's that.
Well you've got a CD going to Broadway, so that's pretty good.

Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Well you've got a CD going to Broadway, so that's pretty good.

i think it may be a more conceptual broadway
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjit View Post
i think it may be a more conceptual broadway
Thank you. Yes, it's conceptual. When pigs fly will I have a soundtrack for a real Broadway play.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Hi all, I've been writing with a diva rock guy friend and he's giving me a lot of drama lately... This is the stuff we've done so far... Jusy trying to decide if I should fight for my melodies/lyrics or let it go and move on with my life- I know I'm being vague... He played the guitar, I guided him through it- he came up with riffs here and there so I guess he gets writing credits for the composition??

Anyway, click the link, only two songs have vocals- download the individual songs and tell me your thoughts.

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qpe3ee8bn...COiJuP9ea?dl=0
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingKC View Post
Hi all, I've been writing with a diva rock guy friend and he's giving me a lot of drama lately... This is the stuff we've done so far... Jusy trying to decide if I should fight for my melodies/lyrics or let it go and move on with my life- I know I'm being vague... He played the guitar, I guided him through it- he came up with riffs here and there so I guess he gets writing credits for the composition??

Anyway, click the link, only two songs have vocals- download the individual songs and tell me your thoughts.

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qpe3ee8bn...COiJuP9ea?dl=0
My 2 cents

1964 and What I Need

Pleasant enough. Nice vocalist. Nice clean recording. Easy to listen to. No strong hook so ultimately they're just another pretty face in a huge crowd if you're looking at these from a commercial aspect. If you're looking at them from an artistic aspect, they're nice. More of today's music should be this pleasant to listen to.

Better Than Nothing

Nice foundation. Certainly something there to work with.

Bottom Line: This is nice music but nothing that's going to become a "hit" if that's what you're looking for.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you. Yes, it's conceptual. When pigs fly will I have a soundtrack for a real Broadway play.
I could see that avatar of yours up in lights all down 42nd street. Those synthetic eyes peering down expressionlessly, an eerie prelude to the creepy, sterilized vocalizations to come.

Haha...I kid, man.

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I could see that avatar of yours up in lights all down 42nd street. Those synthetic eyes peering down expressionlessly, an eerie prelude to the creepy, sterilized vocalizations to come.

Haha...I kid, man.

Hey, you never know, Who ever thought people would buy pet rocks?
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the response!! I knew these weren't hits when I wrote them, but it did feel good to work with someone who makes me write something different than what I'm used to. They are more artistic than commercial so I completely agree with you on those notes but I ain't mad at them either. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and critique.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

14th track of my upcoming Broadway CD "Once Upon A Time" and 2nd of four duets.

Lyrics in description

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

15th track of my upcoming Broadway CD "Once Upon A Time"

Lyrics in description

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

16th and finale track from my upcoming Broadway CD "Once Upon A Time"

Hey, thank you all so much for the great feedback. You guys have been wonderful. I can't recall a more welcoming and participating forum.

Lyrics in description

Sorry, the forum doesn't have a sarcasm smilie.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

For anybody interested, this is the overture from "Once Upon A Time." It has no vocals to cringe at so it's relatively safe to listen to.

Thank you all again for coming and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Old 11 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

So that's that.
Is it that you don't WANT a singer? Or you can't find one? I'll accept the fact that you don't want a singer...but saying you can't find a singer is suspect...
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFulford View Post
Is it that you don't WANT a singer? Or you can't find one? I'll accept the fact that you don't want a singer...but saying you can't find a singer is suspect...
Please read what I said. Don't have the money to hire a singer. None of my friends sing. And nobody is going to come down here out of the goodness of their heart and learn and sing 16 songs for a Broadway musical. Oh wait, and then there are 4 duets. So I need a guy for that too. And then my home has no acoustics. So we'd have to go into a studio. That costs money that I don't have. Imagine studio time for 16 tracks.

No, hiring, getting, or begging for a singer is not an option if for no other reason than the cost.

So can we please drop this now?
Old 1 hour ago
Reading back some in this thread, I've been dismayed to see some fairly nasty criticism of some of the mixes and songwriting. Honestly, this should not be. You may not like someones music but that's your opinion. Lot's of great songs have been written with 2 chords and repetition. Think Lou Reed or blues riffs. If you have something to add in a positive vein about the mix, by all means do it. But egos are fragile, especially with someone who 's genuinely looking for help. Telling them their stuff is crap is really off base an cruel, especially considering none of us here are pros. That's for the "finished mix" thread. Keep it light, we're here to help each other, not pretend we're the arbiters of good or bad music.

It makes me angry to see someone slamming someone with something to offer, because they have an inflated idea of their songwriting superiority. Not what this is about, and a real turn off.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search