Post your rough demos
Old 22nd March 2015
Gear interested

Hey everybody I'm really glad to see a thread like this. I need feedback from unbiased sources.
https://m.soundcloud.com/matthew-gibbs-3/field

https://m.soundcloud.com/matthew-gibbs-3/lugnut-1

https://m.soundcloud.com/matthew-gibbs-3/2002a

https://soundcloud.com/matthew-gibbs-3/beast-rough-take

Four tracks here. From the top, there's field, a piece I am personally proud of. Lots of bass, lots of spring verb.

Lugnut is very much an extension of the fact that I was listening to Dave brubecks time out while writing this one

2002 is more of a conceptual piece wherein I see the synth filling the role of nature as a whole, and the modulation of said synth and funky guitar being humans altering nature to fit their needs.

Beast is my first real step into lyricism, and although a few lines are shakey, and I take on some sort of weird bluesy christopher walken impression, I feel as though it has promise in its story.

Tell me what you think
Old 23rd March 2015
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys2TheCastle36 View Post
#1 I'm not a singer or producer
#2 I'm self taught and just starting so lots of mistakes and bad sound
#3 Rip me apart lol
Take voice lessons!! The piano is very soulful, and your voice is almost there! With proper training, I could see you going far.
Old 24th March 2015
Gear interested

Been working on these for the last 2 days. Tell me what you think! obviously some of the recordings are a tad sloppy, and the mixing job is godawful. These are definitely works in progress! Other than that, I would love to hear what you guys think.
Old 28th March 2015
Gear interested

Old 28th March 2015
Gear interested

New Music Coming Soon

Old 28th March 2015
Gear interested

Hey guys,
Here is a song that I made. I'm kind of new to making music. There are some mistakes and the mixing is not that good cause i'm still learning. Any feedback on how the song sounds will be appreciated. Thanks

Old 5th April 2015
Gear maniac

Old 14th April 2015
Gear nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitnasty View Post

Been working on these for the last 2 days. Tell me what you think! obviously some of the recordings are a tad sloppy, and the mixing job is godawful. These are definitely works in progress! Other than that, I would love to hear what you guys think.
Did you play everything in these? I like where they are going, its got that appeal.
Old 14th April 2015
Gear nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrhako View Post
Hey guys,
Here is a song that I made. I'm kind of new to making music. There are some mistakes and the mixing is not that good cause i'm still learning. Any feedback on how the song sounds will be appreciated. Thanks

I like the song, was this a band effort? who played what? I can see this getting some play in hawaii.
Old 14th April 2015
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by innoverse View Post
Very rough
https://soundcloud.com/carlos-isacoolbame/draft-1
Production was super rough too more of an idea than anything
Should I keep going with this song?
I really like it! Definitely needs to be pushed and pulled into a song, and I wouldn't make it too long. Could be nice with a bluesy solo in their too.
Old 18th April 2015
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreknowledge View Post
Did you play everything in these? I like where they are going, its got that appeal.
The drums are from a machine, as I dont have the necessary equipment to record them live. Other than that, yes! Thanks for the feedback, I have another one on my page now that I am quite proud of. Feel free to check it out! If you have any demos posted somewhere I would love to return the favor
Old 18th April 2015
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreknowledge View Post
I like the song, was this a band effort? who played what? I can see this getting some play in hawaii.
Thanks for the feedback. I played everything in the song except the drums I had to program them in cubase.
Old 22nd April 2015
Gear interested

Hi there. I just started songwriting 3 weeks ago and here is the first song i've ever fully written. some feedback would be much appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRV-uTCVb4

also, will be uploading the other songs i've written soon. so please check my channel later on if you want to. thanks :D
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

Hello everybody, I just got my rough demo for my new song finished, still missing the guitar solo though. The track is instrumental prog or something, I can't really describe it properly so you'll just have to listen to it ; ). All feedback is appreciated, negative or positive, just try to keep it somewhat constructive if possible.

Naming istrumental songs is pretty much pain in the ass for me, so I decided to let my dog name it for me, seems I made the right decision... Have a listen, please!

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelista View Post
OK- this one's really rough. Just a structure, really. No melodies/lyrics yet - these will likely be worked on by all three members of a band I'm in.

In the interest of discussing process:

- I really like ZZ Top's "Just Got Paid". I wanted something kinda sorta like it. Listened to the song once as a refresher, aped the overall vibe/structure as quickly as I could, obviously not being too precious about it.

- I programmed the basic drum beat using samples I recorded years ago

- Put down the guitar track. I had the riff/verse/chorus ideas, but I improvised the middle section.

- Put down the bass.

- Put down the Juno "lead" (haha)

- Put in the crashes, did a few edits in the drums

- Did the little "mute/stutter" edits toward the end

The writing/demoing process, so far, is at about 45 minutes.

Feel free to chime in, I'd love to hear opinions about the process and the music.
I didn't notice the post date on this, so forgive me if it's old, but I REALLY like this... would love to hear the finished product.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

soundcloud.com/alexandra-ashley-hawse/chain-reaction

still some changes needed ( maybe a guitar solo and real drums) but I like the way it turned out
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Lives for gear
Here's a jazzy groove oriented mellow psychedelic rough. Modular synth, rhodes, piano, hammond, drums, fretless, baritone guitar, tenor sax, memorymoog. Still needs vocals.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealc View Post
Hey everyone, I'd love to have feedback on this one, thanks!!

https://clyp.it/don2neln
Hi! This is really pretty. Although I'm not really fond of the bit up to 0.20, it seemed like it didn't harmonize (idk the right word) that well. But i love everything after 0.20 XD
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

In the First Light

Here is a demo of me and the boys taking a stab at trying to turn a hymn style, Capella style song into a soft rock format. Still a work in progress.
GAP preamp
AT 4060 mic.
Pro tools.

Drums,
Bass, scratch track
Guitars, by me
Acoustic guitar, scratch track
Vocal, a first attempt scratch track.

https://soundcloud.com/oshea-davis/i...t-vox-2015-001
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

Old 1 Week Ago
Gear nut

Little indi rock track I've started working on today, what I've got so far. Still writing it..

Old 1 Week Ago
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTinkle View Post
Little indi rock track I've started working on today, what I've got so far. Still writing it..

Good energy and memorable motif. Let's hear some melody/lyrics when you get a bit further.
Old 1 Week Ago
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCgypsy View Post
Good energy and memorable motif. Let's hear some melody/lyrics when you get a bit further.
Thanks. I've just updated the track, got pretty much the full basic structure now. Still deciding how I want to work in some mellow instrumental hooks. Got the melody for the vocals, I'll probably lay a rough track down soon to get a better idea of how much space i'll have left. So much to do... still need to finnish writing the drums, bass etc... Gotta love songwriting!

For now, I'm giving it a break!
Old 1 Week Ago
Gear interested

Looking for feedback

Hi, I am just looking for some feedback (by no means am I anywhere close to a pro musician). If you guys could tell me the weak areas of my song I would greatly appreciate it (you're not going to hurt my feelings, it's about getting better). Thanks. I am trying to do some TomWaits, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan/BeachHouse/St. Vincent bullshit.
Old 1 Week Ago
Gear addict

Sup Everyone,

This is a song I did in 2003 with my bro. The track was recorded using Cool Edit, an old Mackie Mixer and a Samson mic. Lol, I think you get where I'm going as far as quality goes and add the room wasn't treated plus my experience with recording/mixing was no bueno.

Just two 18/19 year olds in 2003 with a limited budget, a room, a mic, and an emotion on a specific subject to capture. Sadly, my bro crossed over 2.5 years ago. So I actually came across this old stereo track just wanting to hear his voice.

I'm on the first verse and he is on the seconds verse. The beat was done by @FrankMoses with a Lionel Richie sample "Lady". MP3 dot come days.

Hope ya enjoy the lyrical content.

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search