The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post your rough demos Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5221
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
Ok, here's what we're going to do:

I'm about done with this here surprise remix and I'm not even going to charge you that much. This is going to go BOOM on the dance floor and you will become an overnight success. Cool?

It would be so funny if you two did have a hit with this remix and you became the most reluctant duo of all time. You sign a 3 album deal with Sony and the mistique grows with all the journalists asking why you are never in the same room. Eventually, Pierce Morgan interviews you together and asks how you met... I'm praying this happens.

Last edited by Mr Funk; 2 weeks ago at 06:19 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5222
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
Ok, here's what we're going to do:

I'm about done with this here surprise remix and I'm not even going to charge you that much. This is going to go BOOM on the dance floor and you will become an overnight success. Cool?

I give up. Okay, you win. I'm surrendering.

I'll await your terms.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5223
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
It would be so funny if you two did have a hit with this remix and you became the most reluctant duo of all time. You sign a 3 album deal with Sony and the mistique grows with all the journalists asking why you are never in the same room. Eventually, Pierce Morgan interviews you together and asks how you met... I'm praying this happens.
If this ever did happen (Better chance winning the Mega Millions) it would be hysterical. We'd have no problem showcasing our contempt for each other. It would be the funniest interview in pop music history.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5224
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Here's another one from "Outtakes" that sounds like everything else I've done.

Obligations

Obligations
Illustrations
Observations
New frustrations

Obligations
Applications
Life stagnation
Then cremation

Obligations
Lamentations
Life stagnation
Then cremation

Old 2 weeks ago
  #5225
Lives for gear
 
kennybro's Avatar
Here's a song recorded last night that is a redo of something I posted elsewhere in another thread as a vocal mic demo. I redid it to speed it up a touch.

The mic I was testing is an MXL V69 Mogami with a $180 tube swapout. I never liked the mic, and shelved it for about 4 years. Recently I got it out again, warmed it up and recorded these vocals. I'm liking it these days. Not sure what changed. Maybe my voice.
Attached Files

Money Master.mp3 (9.45 MB, 675 views)

Old 2 weeks ago
  #5226
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Here's a song recorded last night that is a redo of something I posted elsewhere in another thread as a vocal mic demo. I redid it to speed it up a touch.

The mic I was testing is an MXL V69 Mogami with a $180 tube swapout. I never liked the mic, and shelved it for about 4 years. Recently I got it out again, warmed it up and recorded these vocals. I'm liking it these days. Not sure what changed. Maybe my voice.
Groovy with a message, I like it.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5227
Lives for gear
 
kennybro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodlist View Post
Groovy with a message, I like it.
Thank you sir!
Old 1 week ago
  #5228
Gear Nut
 
YourBestFriend's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Here's a song recorded last night that is a redo of something I posted elsewhere in another thread as a vocal mic demo. I redid it to speed it up a touch.

The mic I was testing is an MXL V69 Mogami with a $180 tube swapout. I never liked the mic, and shelved it for about 4 years. Recently I got it out again, warmed it up and recorded these vocals. I'm liking it these days. Not sure what changed. Maybe my voice.
Cool stuff. the guitar solo felt quiet.
Old 1 week ago
  #5229
Here for the gear
 

Kenny: sounds good- got a Lenny Kravitz vibe goin. Throw a distorted guitar solo in there and ur home haha . Good tune !
Old 1 week ago
  #5230
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Here's a song recorded last night that is a redo of something I posted elsewhere in another thread as a vocal mic demo. I redid it to speed it up a touch.

The mic I was testing is an MXL V69 Mogami with a $180 tube swapout. I never liked the mic, and shelved it for about 4 years. Recently I got it out again, warmed it up and recorded these vocals. I'm liking it these days. Not sure what changed. Maybe my voice.
Very cool tune. A little Joe Walsh and Lenny Kravitz going there.
Old 1 week ago
  #5231
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
Here's another one from "Outtakes" that sounds like everything else I've done.

Obligations

Obligations
Illustrations
Observations
New frustrations

Obligations
Applications
Life stagnation
Then cremation

Obligations
Lamentations
Life stagnation
Then cremation

Wow, Wag! You wrote a song using only 10 different words...if I counted correctly. Your minimalist period?
Old 1 week ago
  #5232
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
Wow, Wag! You wrote a song using only 10 different words...if I counted correctly. Your minimalist period?
Something like that. lol
Old 1 week ago
  #5233
Gear Nut
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
I want a castrated version of the violins on the first time you say 'now'. I want a fat ass single note piano following the violins later in the song.
Hey thanks for the listen and feedback! Ill see if I could come up with a revision based on your note :-) How do you like the drum mix on this song?
Old 1 week ago
  #5234
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

I wasn't going to post this but I feel that I actually need to because this forum is dead.

I just finished another track but I won't be posting it. In fact, I won't be posting anymore music here. Not because I'm angry at anybody or hurt because nobody listens to my stuff. But because it's finally sunk in that I'm hurting this forum with my music. Whether it's justified or not doesn't matter. The fact still remains.

So I am limiting myself to commenting on the works of others. Ironically, it gives me more joy than posting track after track here and having it ignored.

Hopefully, members will start returning to this sub forum and maybe we can get some decent activity here. And even if we don't, I'm still done posting tracks. It no longer gives me any enjoyment at all so there's no point.

I'm not going to apologize for anything because I haven't done anything wrong. But I'm intelligent enough to recognize when what I'm doing is futile.

Horseface, I don't know if you were serious or not about that "remix" you were doing but I don't really care. Do it, don't do it, whatever. I need to bring some peace back to my life and posting music here gives me no peace. All it gives me is grief. So I'm done. You win. I know this makes you very happy. I'm glad somebody is.

Eventually, people will forget about me and/or new members will come and hopefully, this sub forum will have a decent amount of activity.

Anyway, that's all I got.

Everybody have a nice day. I'm gonna go watch some more "Flash" on Netflix.
Old 1 week ago
  #5235
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
I wasn't going to post this but I feel that I actually need to because this forum is dead.

I just finished another track but I won't be posting it. In fact, I won't be posting anymore music here. Not because I'm angry at anybody or hurt because nobody listens to my stuff. But because it's finally sunk in that I'm hurting this forum with my music. Whether it's justified or not doesn't matter. The fact still remains.

So I am limiting myself to commenting on the works of others. Ironically, it gives me more joy than posting track after track here and having it ignored.

Hopefully, members will start returning to this sub forum and maybe we can get some decent activity here. And even if we don't, I'm still done posting tracks. It no longer gives me any enjoyment at all so there's no point.

I'm not going to apologize for anything because I haven't done anything wrong. But I'm intelligent enough to recognize when what I'm doing is futile.

Horseface, I don't know if you were serious or not about that "remix" you were doing but I don't really care. Do it, don't do it, whatever. I need to bring some peace back to my life and posting music here gives me no peace. All it gives me is grief. So I'm done. You win. I know this makes you very happy. I'm glad somebody is.

Eventually, people will forget about me and/or new members will come and hopefully, this sub forum will have a decent amount of activity.

Anyway, that's all I got.

Everybody have a nice day. I'm gonna go watch some more "Flash" on Netflix.
Hey Pal, I hope you change your mind and keep posting. I don't comment too often or am here very long, but I get a kick out of listening.

Enjoy your vids!
Old 1 week ago
  #5236
Gear Nut
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
I wasn't going to post this but I feel that I actually need to because this forum is dead.

I just finished another track but I won't be posting it. In fact, I won't be posting anymore music here. Not because I'm angry at anybody or hurt because nobody listens to my stuff. But because it's finally sunk in that I'm hurting this forum with my music. Whether it's justified or not doesn't matter. The fact still remains.

So I am limiting myself to commenting on the works of others. Ironically, it gives me more joy than posting track after track here and having it ignored.

Hopefully, members will start returning to this sub forum and maybe we can get some decent activity here. And even if we don't, I'm still done posting tracks. It no longer gives me any enjoyment at all so there's no point.

I'm not going to apologize for anything because I haven't done anything wrong. But I'm intelligent enough to recognize when what I'm doing is futile.

Horseface, I don't know if you were serious or not about that "remix" you were doing but I don't really care. Do it, don't do it, whatever. I need to bring some peace back to my life and posting music here gives me no peace. All it gives me is grief. So I'm done. You win. I know this makes you very happy. I'm glad somebody is.

Eventually, people will forget about me and/or new members will come and hopefully, this sub forum will have a decent amount of activity.

Anyway, that's all I got.

Everybody have a nice day. I'm gonna go watch some more "Flash" on Netflix.
Not many people listen to my stuff either but I still intend to keep posting...
Old 1 week ago
  #5237
Lives for gear
 
kennybro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
Cool stuff. the guitar solo felt quiet.
Thanks. Yes, I have to agree. We'll do a re-mix and bring that up.
Old 1 week ago
  #5238
Lives for gear
 
kennybro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_from_iowa View Post
Kenny: sounds good- got a Lenny Kravitz vibe goin. Throw a distorted guitar solo in there and ur home haha . Good tune !
We'll give that a try. I do hear the Kravitz vibe, now that you mention it. Thanks man!
Old 1 week ago
  #5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
I wasn't going to post this but I feel that I actually need to because this forum is dead.

I just finished another track but I won't be posting it. In fact, I won't be posting anymore music here. Not because I'm angry at anybody or hurt because nobody listens to my stuff. But because it's finally sunk in that I'm hurting this forum with my music. Whether it's justified or not doesn't matter. The fact still remains.

So I am limiting myself to commenting on the works of others. Ironically, it gives me more joy than posting track after track here and having it ignored.

Hopefully, members will start returning to this sub forum and maybe we can get some decent activity here. And even if we don't, I'm still done posting tracks. It no longer gives me any enjoyment at all so there's no point.

I'm not going to apologize for anything because I haven't done anything wrong. But I'm intelligent enough to recognize when what I'm doing is futile.

Horseface, I don't know if you were serious or not about that "remix" you were doing but I don't really care. Do it, don't do it, whatever. I need to bring some peace back to my life and posting music here gives me no peace. All it gives me is grief. So I'm done. You win. I know this makes you very happy. I'm glad somebody is.

Eventually, people will forget about me and/or new members will come and hopefully, this sub forum will have a decent amount of activity.

Anyway, that's all I got.

Everybody have a nice day. I'm gonna go watch some more "Flash" on Netflix.
Don't worry about it. Nobody listens to our **** either! It's all good.
Old 1 week ago
  #5240
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Rescue View Post
Don't worry about it. Nobody listens to our **** either! It's all good.
FWIW, I do. I try to listen to everything that's posted here.
Old 1 week ago
  #5241
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagtunes View Post
FWIW, I do. I try to listen to everything that's posted here.
All I'm saying is don't take it personal. The way I see it, there is so much over saturation with music nowadays it's amazing if anyone ever listens to our stuff.
Now back to the mixing board and trying to blow up the ol' studio monitors.
Old 1 week ago
  #5242
Here for the gear
 

Forgive me Guys. Volume jumps up after drum opening so watch your monitors.
Old 1 week ago
  #5243
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityBeef View Post
Forgive me Guys. Volume jumps up after drum opening so watch your monitors.
Well, aside from the intro needing to be remixed, cool. Like the guitar work on this one. Speed metal? Or not quite fast enough? Hard to tell because metal sub genres give me a headache. Anyway, very well performed.
Old 1 week ago
  #5244
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityBeef View Post
Forgive me Guys. Volume jumps up after drum opening so watch your monitors.
You rock, I got mixed vibes from it.
I got a slight NWOBHM, Metallica vibe, also, I thought the lyrics could easily suit a something in the vein of Pink Floyd.

I'd trim the beginning and end to conform to 3 minutes, but that's just me. I give it another listen later, I do like a rock.
Out Of The Garden , too.
Old 1 week ago
  #5245
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodlist View Post
I thought I'd post a jam with myself, the usual half-ar*$d effort, short in length and in substance.
Plenty of the usual overplaying, trying to compensate for the lack of lyrics and direction and sprinkling of fret buzz and bum notes.

Rip away.
So I'm reading your post and thinking to myself, "Why?" If it's really this bad, why bother even posting it? And then I listened to it. Simple, clean, decent mix. I don't hear anything so horrible. It's no amazing piece of music but it's listenable. I've certainly heard a lot worse. And there's nothing wrong with just jamming away once in a while.

But I'll ask the same question that is essentially asked of me, which is why I've quit posting music here. What is your intention with this piece? Do you plan to finish it? Do you plan to improve the areas that need improving? Are you going to write lyrics and a melody?

I'm asking this because, in all fairness since it was basically told to me that unless I am posting something with the intention of improving it it has no business being posted here, what exactly is your intention? Do you want advice? Do you want suggestions? I can think of a few things you could do with this as it kind of reminds me of an old Eric Clapton song from the mid 70s. I've been told my lyrics are better than my music, though I don't agree. Would you like me to write lyrics for you? Would you prefer to do that yourself? Do you even want to do anything more with this?

I'm just trying to get an understanding of what this forum is actually for. Obviously everybody has different opinions.

Anyway, I thought it was a pleasant listen.

Certainly nowhere near as bad as you made it out to be.
Old 1 week ago
  #5246
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodlist View Post
I lost my direction a long time ago, if you want to write some lyrics, that would be great. It might give me the inspiration to get my head out of my @ss. I usually reach this stage then loose interest.
Thanks for your opinion.
I know it's none of my business but you say you lost your direction. What happened? Care to elaborate? How long you been doing music? I'm assuming at least at some point you were really into it. What changed that? The business? Other stuff not related to music? If you've lost interest, why do you still do it? I remember when I lost interest back in 2003 (after 26 years) I quit for 5 years. I started writing again in 2008. I never thought I would. 10 years later I'm more into it than ever.

So anything you want to share, I'm all ears. Unless you prefer not to.
Old 1 week ago
  #5247
Gear Nut
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Comments on a demo?

Old 1 week ago
  #5248
Lives for gear
 
wagtunes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Hey guys, I just put a rough demo on Soundcloud (isn't that what this thread is meant for? :-) ) of a rock song that I am currently working on. Let me know if you have any comments at this point (everything about it is still subject to changes):

LOST WITH YOU DEMO 100818 by Fall of Twentyseven | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Reminds me a little of Better Than Ezra and Split Enz. Sounds good to me. Nothing beats a real guitar. VSTs are okay, but they're not the real thing. Anyway, I can't think of anything I would change, add, subtract or anything else. Sounds fine just the way it is. But I'm not super critical like a lot of people are.

As far as what this thread is for, I've stopped trying to figure that out. I just come here now to listen to music.

Anyway, good job. I like it.
Old 1 week ago
  #5249
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
Hey guys, I just put a rough demo on Soundcloud (isn't that what this thread is meant for? :-) ) of a rock song that I am currently working on. Let me know if you have any comments at this point (everything about it is still subject to changes):

LOST WITH YOU DEMO 100818 by Fall of Twentyseven | Free Listening on SoundCloud
I could also image a female singer on this, not unlike Evanescence. Cool, you rock.
You vocals are also fine.
Old 1 week ago
  #5250
Gear Nut
 
jugetsu85's Avatar
Thanks guys @wagtunes and @The Noodlist for the feedback .. Much appreciated ! Cool to hear you guys are feeling it. I intend to keep working on the song to etxtract its potential. I dont feel that it is there yet. Ill keep you posted on how it develops. Rock on brothers!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
dhollmusik / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
15
linchpin123 / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
1
ianvargo / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
4
dagg / So much gear, so little time
8
Mr Funk / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
10

Forum Jump
Forum Jump