The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Post your rough demos Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlegs View Post
cheers Bill for listening and the comment, wondering if it could be fixed with better mastering, or a problem with the mix itself?
You're welcome but again take it with a grain of salt. I guess that depends on your definition of "mixing" and "mastering." Hard to say if simply cranking the higher frequencies (alternatively cranking down the mids/lower) across the board would help, or maybe try it with each track to see what it does...or maybe change up (i.e. tone down) the reverb? Hard to say.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon67 View Post
a little vocal demo. Im going to try to do 25 vocal demos this year. 24 to go lol

Now you gotta live in chains vocal demo - Clyp
Nice tune, I like it.
I sometimes try to imagine what some demos might sound like if they were recorded by an established band or artist.
I tried to image yours as a Soundgarden song, it worked in my head. I also got an Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and Ozzy vibe.
I think it could really rock with the right production, big wide guitars, reverse reverb fade-ins on the vocals, double tracked, maybe.
I speak only as a lover of music, my mixing and creation skills are limited, I'm an old noob.
I look forward to hearing your future offerings.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodlist View Post
I tried to image your as a Soundgarden song, it worked in my head. I also got an Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and Ozzy vibe.
yep, thats most of my influences right there if u add maybe VanHalen and LedZep etc

Quote:
N
I think it could really rock with the right production, big wide guitars,
haha, I thought that was what I had! lol

yeah, ill probably be posting more. I set goals to do at least 25 demos this year..well see lol

Thanks, JJ
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon67 View Post
haha, I thought that was what I had! lol
I like the demo, I was just imagining a in your face finished version.
I agree with what you say.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Solos worked really well IMO. Anyway it is country so offhand I'd say don't go crazy I'd do some basic 2-part harmonies for the chorus, for one. I was kinda singing along with it at times and thinking that maybe in the 2d half of the song (keep it solo in the beginning), have a 2d singer, at times singing 2-part harmony with the lead, at times snging "independently," for example when you sing "I'm wasted" immediately following that, the 2d singer immediately repeats that line, but singing it differently, almost a call and response kind of thing...kind of hard to explain over the 'net but hopefully you get the gist.

(PS I don't normally do country either but have written several such songs - hey you go with what comes along right?)
thanks for listening. I messed around with it a bit last night. I tried the call and response in the Wasted it, part. Works well I think I might even do a bit of trickery with panning, or split to stereo on that part. I also added in some harmonies, and then ran them through a harmonizer on top of that, it sound pretty fat for BV. Thanks again for listening. Now waiting for the drummer to get his tracks finished off.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Great, best of luck, be interested to hear newer versions.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Hey all,

Really great tunes on here. I still have a lot to learn. Just wrote a song and I can hear a lot of defects but got tired of messing with it and posted it. Any advice would be great.
One Take Only's profile - Listen to music

Last edited by Rufio491; 5 days ago at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Url
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Well done overall IMO. Good balance, some effective doubling, good clarity. I think I'd increase the lead vocal volume to stand out more, and you need a little more "thump" (even thought the genre doesn't lend itself to that much). My .02 FWIW
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks bill5. I guess I have the tom petty curse of not being too fond of my singing voice. I’ll work on the drums and see if I can’t get some thump. Appreciate the feedback!
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio491 View Post
Hey all,

Really great tunes on here. I still have a lot to learn. Just wrote a song and I can hear a lot of defects but got tired of messing with it and posted it. Any advice would be great.
One Take Only's profile - Listen to music
If it was mine I'd be happy to call it finished. Might be worth posting it in the finished demo thread. The only thing that crossed my mind was maybe adding some backing vocals in the chorus. I wonder if Blink 182 are included in your influences?

You were originally referring to
Your Soundcloud page has changed since you posted, looks like more tracks have been added.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks bill5. I guess I have the tom petty curse of not being too fond of my singing voice. I’ll work on the drums and see if I can’t get some thump. Appreciate the feedback!
It seems most people don't like their own voice, it's a human being thing Yeah give it a try, tho the above poster may be right, maybe it's fine as is.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the feedback. Still learning how to pan backing vocals to sit. And yes I’m heavily influenced by pop punk even though it’s a dead genre. But it’s always been fun for me to listen and play, I guess I’m stuck in 1998!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Still learning how to pan backing vocals to sit. And yes I’m heavily influenced by pop punk even though it’s a dead genre. But it’s always been fun for me to listen and play, I guess I’m stuck in 1998!
I don't believe there is any dead genre. If you like it, that means at least 0.01% of the population of the world like it and that is still large enough group of people to listen to your music.

I like artists who stick to what they love and don't try to pander to the market. Take an act like Sade. An album every 8 years or so, hardly ever does publicity, yet still sells like 4m physical albums and makes about 50m per tour and their sound has not really changed in 30 years and you would not think of them as "the sound of what's happening".
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
If it was mine I'd be happy to call it finished. Might be worth posting it in the finished demo thread. The only thing that crossed my mind was maybe adding some backing vocals in the chorus. I wonder if Blink 182 are included in your influences?

You were originally referring to
Your Soundcloud page has changed since you posted, looks like more tracks have been added.
I like it, it's sounds good like it is. Maybe automate some of the vocal volume just a bit on certain spots that seem to get buried just a bit, that said, for this genre what you have is fine. Imho this is just me. I'd probably drop either a subkick track in, or really punch in the low end of the bass, or maybe something like bring some low end into it with maybe Rbass, or Voxengo maxlfbass, used very sparingly super subtle. or do the low freq trick with the compressor and pultec type eq. Just to bring a bit of punch out of the low end. That is only a personal opinion of what I like to hear, not something that I hear is wrong with the track.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Thank you for the response. After looking at the rbass I think that is something that can really help me out. Thanks for the tips. Thankful for this forum!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search