The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
giving reggae a shot... lol
Old 24th November 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
giving reggae a shot... lol

I know I have a horrible fake accent lol, BUT give this a listen and let me know what can improve... thanks all... I'm just trying to grow a lil bit

Old 25th November 2020
Gear Nut

Did you link to the wrong track? I was expecting Reaggae...
Old 26th November 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I don't know what genre it belongs to....but i like it
Old 5th December 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Sounds fine. (At least depending on one's tolerance of tuned vocals. The sound bugs me, but I'm clearly not in the majority on that.)

I'm not so sure about the 'accent,' not that various accents haven't snuck into my own vocals. I think, if I was you and doing it again, I'd see how it sounds sung in your natural style.

All that said, yeah, doesn't seem to have many of the traditional characteristics that have often been used to define the reggae musical style, but that doesn't make it bad in any way...

A lot of us oldsters got kind of fed up with US artists trying too hard to sound 'authentic' when working in a reggae style. I'm thinking about an evening recently when I decided to put together a mini pasta-rasta set: "Cheap Date," "Breakdown," and "Roxanne." All ingratiating, catchy songs with strong hooks. But just a trifle embarrassing from some angles, in historic perspective.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear