The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ghsotwriting
Old 11th October 2020
Here for the gear

Ghsotwriting

Hello. I am interested in becoming a ghostwriter but I'm having a hard time finding any info on how much to charge per song for obvious reasons.

And before I go further I want to say that I understand the cons to being a ghostwriter. This is a decision I've made after many many years. I have some pretty severe mental health issues and notariety, no matter how small, would not be good for them.

But back to the question I was wondering if any people here are or have recently been a ghostwriter and could give me a fair price range.

To give a little more context I have been producing and songwriting for over 12 years both professionally and personally (mostly personally). Does the production quality increase the value or does it just get people more interested?

Thanks for taking the time to read I appreciate it.
Old 19th October 2020
Lives for gear

Supply/demand.

People typically end up in ghostwriting situations because they’ve done work that someone noteworthy recognizes, who wants to claim similar work for themselves so much that they make an offer.

Like everything in art, it’s a game of attraction, and then setting your value based on the situations you’re able to attract. There’s no regulated ghostwriting scene with opportunity lists and price sheets to reference or anything. You have to put yourself out there in some way that will attract attention. Most stumble into ghostwriting situations along the way as part of a larger creative career.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear