The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Creative Motivation
Old 13th July 2020
Creative Motivation

Thought it would be cool to have a thread of articles/books/youtube channels that people could check out who are looking to get a little fire under their arse in terms of being productive creatively.

A few years ago a friend lent me a copy of The War of Art. Incredible book. Essentially the author talks about putting the work in and not making excuses (the concept of resistance) for yourself. Just BE creative and get out of your own way.

After I read it, I felt reenergized to improve my writing. I wrote 30 ideas for my bands next record, was hired by someone to write songs for their EP, started a project studio, recorded a few local band EPs and LPs, and also started doing full band live sessions with video.

Anyways, the whole book resonated with me like crazy and I'm sure could it give somebody else who hasn't heard of it, an extra boost. Check it out if you have the chance!

https://blackirishbooks.com/product/the-war-of-art/

Anybody else have some great articles/books/youtube series to check out?

Happy writing!
Old 13th July 2020
Also! If anybody has any great podcast or particularly great interviews with songwriters about songwriting, that would be awesome too!
Old 13th July 2020
Lives for gear

If you can parse through the crazy and the excess, guys like Hemingway usually started out with a a fairly disciplined workflow... setting aside a set time for work, sitting down at just turning out pages...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear