The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Where do you like to use Soothe in your vocal chain?
Old 1st June 2019
Here for the gear

Where do you like to use Soothe in your vocal chain?

Hi!

I just bought Oek sound Soothe.
Where do you like using this plugin in your vocal processing chain?

To me, it seems reasonable to use Soothe before the vocal goes to any compressor/dynamic EQ. Then I'd use a 2nd instance of Soothe after compression/dynamic EQ.
What do you think?

Please let me know where you use Soothe while producing vocals

Best,
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear

Anyone using Soothe here?
or is there a better gearsluts subforum for this thread?
Old 4th June 2019
Gear Maniac

It's usually one of the first plugins I'll put on a vocal if I feel it needs it, but it'll be placed last in the chain (sometimes second-from-last).

By putting it on early, but using it at the end of the chain, anything other processing I do is being heard through Soothe, so I'm making eq/comp/etc decisions in-context.

I think of as similar working with stereo buss compression - you don't get your mix 95% complete and then insert a comp on the stereo buss (or at least I hope you don't!) because it's going to drastically change the sound of your mix, since you made hundreds of decisions without it.

It doesn't really make much sense to me to do a bunch of other stuff to a vocal and then whack Soothe on afterwards - since it's such a dynamic process, you really need to hear the impact it's having on your other processing choices as they're happening.

But you need to experiment and find the method/placement that works best for you, because the way you and I work with vocals could be very different!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search