The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
National media promoting new talents
Old 25th May 2019
Here for the gear

National media promoting new talents

Hi!

I have 5-10 very good (synthpop) tracks which I want to release (all superbly produced, mastered), but I need to start building my audience (from zero, as I'm only about to start my online presence, FB, etc)
I'm from Poland (almost 40 million people).
I can have these opportunities to promote my music in my country:
1) I can have my synthpop song played in a national radio show (listened to by 100k people - a lot of which are people who like synthpop)

2) Let's say a few weeks later, 30 seconds of my song is played on a national breakfast TV who introduces brand new artists (they tell a short description of who I am and they play the chorus of my track). This TV show is watched by more than a million people (but the viewers are of all ages and all walks of life/all kinds of music tastes, etc)

What would be your advise to me? How to use this 2 opportunities to build an audience?

Thanks!
Old 5th June 2019
These sound like paid promotions, is that true?

The reason I ask is because such 'promotion offers' have been fairly common in the US for several years. In most cases, the 'radio shows' are online sites that use radio station-like call letters (sometimes for actual radio stations that have nothing to do with the promoters) and make a lot of big claims that seem to amount to very little.

I don't have a problem with paying for REAL services that can be quantified and documented -- but over a quarter century of involvement in the online music scene (I posted my first online audio track in 1995) I've developed one rule I'm extremely reluctant to break: I try to NEVER pay money to give away my music. I don't mind giving it away for free, as a rule. But I'll be darned if I'm going to give good money to scammers and parasites.

NONE of the above is to necessarily suggest that the opportunities you've been offered are scams -- and it's NO reflection on your music, one way or the other! -- but the reality is that scams that sound very similar have been targeting US musicos for a number of years.

Whatever, good luck with your career!
Old 9th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
These sound like paid promotions, is that true?

The reason I ask is because such 'promotion offers' have been fairly common in the US for several years. In most cases, the 'radio shows' are online sites that use radio station-like call letters (sometimes for actual radio stations that have nothing to do with the promoters) and make a lot of big claims that seem to amount to very little.

I don't have a problem with paying for REAL services that can be quantified and documented -- but over a quarter century of involvement in the online music scene (I posted my first online audio track in 1995) I've developed one rule I'm extremely reluctant to break: I try to NEVER pay money to give away my music. I don't mind giving it away for free, as a rule. But I'll be darned if I'm going to give good money to scammers and parasites.

NONE of the above is to necessarily suggest that the opportunities you've been offered are scams -- and it's NO reflection on your music, one way or the other! -- but the reality is that scams that sound very similar have been targeting US musicos for a number of years.

Whatever, good luck with your career!
It's not a paid promotion. I'm talking about national radio and TV shows which pick new talents they like, and the artists don't pay any money for the promotion.

Do you have any advices on how to use these 2 opportunities to build an audience?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search