The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Can you rate a video of me singing please ?
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Head

Can you rate a video of me singing please ?

Hi guys,

Do I suck, or is my singing acceptable ?
Here are two random clips.
How would you rate my singing & my pitch ? I mean, I realise these are not done perfect, but is the pitch generally OK to you ?
This is a clip of me singing solo, check the next one too please, it a short clip of me singing along to a song I don't know yet, lol.
Basicly I'm trying to figure out if I should keep going, or just give up.
https://youtu.be/Pajo2cehF-Q
https://youtu.be/57EPKn8D7RQ

Thanks.
David

Last edited by Lucifer; 19th May 2019 at 06:19 PM..
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Keep going, definitely.
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Keep up the good work.

Just take off that hoodie when practising so your peripheral vision and hearing arent impairing the song delivery.

Cheers
Old 20th May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Keep going, definitely.
Hey Brent, thanks for taking the time to listen.
Your positive answer does motivate me to keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Keep up the good work.

Just take off that hoodie when practising so your peripheral vision and hearing arent impairing the song delivery.

Cheers
Hi Nick,

Thanks for listening. You're right about the hoodie guess I'm putting it on because I'm shy, but I will try without next time.

I'm happy to have some strangers opinions, because I have the fear I actually suck but my family doesn't want to tell me.

Greetz from Belgium
D.

Last edited by Lucifer; 20th May 2019 at 10:46 AM..
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post

I'm happy to have some strangers opinions, because I have the fear I actually suck but my family doesn't want to tell me.

Greetz from Belgium
D.
Bravo for seeking out unbiased opinions - I wish a lot more people had that kind of self-awareness.

Having said that, keep going. You don't suck. There's always room for improvement (for everyone), but you already sound a lot better than many people I've heard fronting bands or trying to sing solo. I wish you all the best of luck.
Old 20th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
You have a nice voice. Don't give up. Keep going and make some music. And if you do, please share it here.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Addict

Your voice has excellent tonal quality and you sing with poignant dynamics. Hoodie or not, you have the ability. John Lennon sang live whilst chewing gum. ;-) I'm reassured to see a Millenial sing real music. ;-)
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah defo keep going. The more you do it the more you will settle into it, find your own voice so to speak. There's a hint of power there that you are yet to explore fully.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Yep, legit.

I'm with some of the others, there's a constraint there now you can probably break through to level things up. I feel like your look is metaphoric for your singing in a way. Lose the hoodie, grow the hair long and wild, and open up the body language, don't hold back or try to hide. Do that same kind of thing with your singing too.
Old 24th May 2019
Sounds pretty good from here. Better than me, I can tell you that, for sure.

As others have said, keep at it, explore, stretch, and experiment to find your own approach (which is not to say that there's anything wrong with using others' work as inspiration or benchmark -- but you just don't want to get too comfortable sounding like someone else).
Old 27th May 2019
Gear Addict

You sound like Gordon Matthew Thomas very nice
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

You have a good voice, but you feel a lack of training. I would recommend that you go to a good singing teacher and you will have very good chances to become a singer!
Old 4th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Beck View Post
You have a good voice, but you feel a lack of training. I would recommend that you go to a good singing teacher and you will have very good chances to become a singer!
Yes I would agree with that. Singers in this area of the market tend to be technically excellent, not least because they tour a lot and it's easy to lose your voice when you sing without the right support and vocal cord tension.

This guy is my favourite for rock vocals(he teaches on Skype):

http://www.vocalpower.co.uk/tony-ohora/

Great natural sound though and even though the pitch is a bit sharp sometimes when you try and reach down for the lower notes, it's well within the ballpark of what can be fixed in the studio. I've recorded hundreds of singers and I've heard far worse!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search