The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The power of constraints for creativity
Old 22nd March 2019
The power of constraints for creativity

Hello all,

I found a great article and thought to post it on GS.

The Weird Strategy Dr. Seuss Used to Create His Greatest Work - James Clear - Pocket

Do you try to impose constraints on technology and/or complexity? Do you have a simple life that allows you just to press play and record, and do you feel inspired and happy keeping it simple, and does that transfer into your music and increase your musical creativity? I'm most inspired by recording down to primitive hardware but am considering NCH Mixpad + new computer + new audio interface, but ONLY if thats more fun and simple and creative than simply hit track button, play and record, and if it sounds better and better = warm for me, not more high res. Too much detail in a song more resembles a photograph than a painting with brush strokes.
Old 23rd March 2019
Lives for gear

if you're writing books for children i can't imagine you'll use the vocabulary of an adult

nothing weird about that at all

so what's the big deal?!
Old 23rd March 2019
When I'm in the studio I always seem to get drawn into the internet world.. thought back over the years and havent really been very productive.

However, woke up with a great idea! I will buy a new fast maxed out computer, install fresh win 7 and Only the recording/sysex related apps. Remove internet connectivity, and then can uninstall the spyware/antivirus. This way I have to use it only as another piece of recording equipment. If any music needs to be shared I'll transfer it to the other computer via SD card. Basically too much choice so I'm imposing constraints or trying at least. I think thats what writers sometimes do, go to a vacation home without any distractions to write a book or something. Wish that could be me!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search