The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Whom Among You Share In My Distinction?
Old 10th April 2019
  #31
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
He does appear to be happier with his performance than I've ever been in my entire life. Winning!



Sorry to derail your thread though @ johnny nowhere , I couldn't resist posting the ultimate yeah song.
I guess nailing the lyrics and smooth moves perfectly gave him a buzz. Now I'm curious about the guy's other musical escapades; but who could top this? What else was there for him to accomplish, musically? Well, real words, maybe, but that would destroy the mystery.
Old 10th April 2019
  #32
I've used "yeah" and "baby" and thousands of other words. Ironically, or not. A few of my heroes - Dylan, Robyn Hitchcock, the Beatles, Andy Partridge - are playful with language and that, I hope, has rubbed off on me. That said, if the the "Troll Song" (and the Internet) had been come before "She Loves You," maybe there'd be yet more "la la la-ing" in the word. Yeah!
Old 1st May 2019
  #33
Gear Maniac
 

We have a client (singer/songwriter) who uses the either heart or love in almost all his songs, many of them have both. It became a joke among the session guys, but we vowed not to chide him to his face. So after a few projects he came in with a new one that he already had a title for: "How Many Hearts" He was sticking the needle to us!
Old 2nd May 2019
  #34
yep
Gear Nut
 

I have been writing songs for over seven hours and so far none of them include yeah

Where do u apply for grammies
Old 2nd May 2019
  #35
I've been writing songs for about 48 years now and I'm pretty sure I never once used whom as the subject of a sentence in one.

[sorry... I just keep seeing that title... I normally don't call out grammatical errors because I, myself, make them all the time... but it took me too long to figure out when to use objective case in complex sentence constructions... I grew under a pedagogy that essentially eschewed the use of 'antiquated' structures and usages... I'm not even sure how I learned how to spell whom ... ]
Old 2nd May 2019
  #36
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
I've been writing songs for about 48 years now and I'm pretty sure I never once used whom as the subject of a sentence in one.

[sorry... I just keep seeing that title... I normally don't call out grammatical errors because I, myself, make them all the time... but it took me too long to figure out when to use objective case in complex sentence constructions... I grew under a pedagogy that essentially eschewed the use of 'antiquated' structures and usages... I'm not even sure how I learned how to spell whom ... ]
I haven't found a writing session where my "When thou wilt do good know to whom thou doest it" idea was met with enthusiasm. I don't understand why.
Old 2nd May 2019
  #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
I haven't found a writing session where my "When thou wilt do good know to whom thou doest it" idea was met with enthusiasm. I don't understand why.
Dude, you just got to get the beat right for it... that said, the three syllables of "doest it" might be tough to fit with a flowing cadence.
Old 2nd May 2019
  #38
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Dude, you just got to get the beat right for it..
Exactly. That's what I say!

But they just shut me down and tell me its an idea to try on my own time.
Old 2nd May 2019
  #39
Oh, they of little faith!
Old 21st May 2019
  #40
Lives for gear
 

I m guilty of way to many yeah and baby’s.. oh yeah!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump