The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Worst covering of Yesterdays..
Old 10th March 2019
Lives for gear

Worst covering of Yesterdays..

untitledyesterdaymessed.wav - Google Drive

I dont know what I was thinking. I had to fade the wav after about 30 seconds. Project was out of time. Perhaps over ambitious. The Fantom X's 808 taps out for 2:08 long, it falls out more as it goes. My SM58 vocals I could not slow down enough and somehow get lost in time. There is even a midi sequencer on the Fantom X thru, PCM 80 guitar thru, to the PCM 90 PA thru, on to the Mackie PA 16ch mixer. Everything is suppose to be Midi linked so delays are the same tempo. What could possibly go wrong. Dunno but its not working.

It makes me laugh though. Im a moron. People should share more of their failures.

I don't think it could be worse, and still actually be trying.
Old 10th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1971 View Post
untitledyesterdaymessed.wav - Google Drive

I dont know what I was thinking. I had to fade the wav after about 30 seconds. Project was out of time. Perhaps over ambitious. The Fantom X's 808 taps out for 2:08 long, it falls out more as it goes. My SM58 vocals I could not slow down enough and somehow get lost in time. There is even a midi sequencer on the Fantom X thru, PCM 80 guitar thru, to the PCM 90 PA thru, on to the Mackie PA 16ch mixer. Everything is suppose to be Midi linked so delays are the same tempo. What could possibly go wrong. Dunno but its not working.

It makes me laugh though. Im a moron. People should share more of their failures.

I don't think it could be worse, and still actually be trying.

You're very generous -- and rather brave -- to share.

I've had some serious trainwrecks... sometimes they are spectacular in their trainwreckiness.

I managed to screw up the temerity to put this track below up because it is about as opposite of what I normally do as could be imagined.

The 'song' (improvised while tracking) is ostensibly about a client an old boss of mine was hired to check out because the fella believed his former employers (a large aerospace and financials outfit) had implanted an electronic bug in his inner ear that was monitoring all his conversations. (My boss found no evidence of that, unsurprisingly -- but as my ex-boss pointed out wryly while retelling the story, if THEY could hear his conversations, why couldn't THEY just turn off the transmitter for the period where he was being tested for RF transmission?) [Believe it or not, this version was edited for brevity. The original just went on and on and... ]

Trigger warning: BAD MUSIC - There's Something in My Head - Clyp

PS... due to the typo in the title, I was expecting the OP song to be Jerome Kern's "Yesterdays." They're both charming, lovely compositions, but the Beatles' tune is probably best able to take a lickin' and keep on tickin' at this point, at least audience-wise.
Old 10th March 2019
Lives for gear

Finally somebody gets me. Its funny.

That is awesome. How does one get involved in that sort of thing? I want to plant bugs in peoples brain. Aerospace people?
Old 10th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1971 View Post
Finally somebody gets me. Its funny.

That is awesome. How does one get involved in that sort of thing? I want to plant bugs in peoples brain. Aerospace people?
Yep. Aerospace, high tech communications.

Pathological paranoia, sadly, doesn't seem to have any more respect for native intelligence than the common cold does. And it could probably be argued that, once the mind is being twisted by paranoia, that native intelligence will likely work against itself, tying the individual up in that much tighter knots.

FWIW, one of my old bandmates from a band I'd been in a decade earlier called me out of the blue in a talkative mood and proceeded to chat me up for an hour or so some decades ago.

He'd always been a demonstrably smart, well-informed guy. A decade later, he claimed to now be poised on the edge of a big business success. He said he was by then doing business info consulting (which I had been peripherally involved with as a sales director for a comm manufacturer and would get into deeper as a database guy).

I was intrigued but as I asked a natural succession of questions, the answers seemed slippery, a bit vague. But he claimed he was on the verge of something REALLY BIG and that I would be soon enough hearing all about it. I talked to him again a month or two later, as I recall, and this time his mood seemed darker, more than a bit paranoid... and I felt like I was (just maybe) seeing the arc between a period of manic energy and the inevitable down-cycle into paranoia/depression.

We all have moods... but some folks' moods and mood shifts are so dramatic and disruptive that we can see them as manifestations of some form of pathology.

I don't know what happened to my friend but I wasn't too surprised that I never saw his name up in headlines in the business section with that big revelatory breakthrough he suggested he was on the verge of. Up. Down. I've been through those cycles myself. I know to keep my grip. Now. I hope he sorted himself out.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Wow. Because I uploaded a title of yesterdays, in my suggested links there was this.

They are gonna one up me! No F'n way. I make worse music than they can make bad movies, any day of the week.

Is this because of the 'Aero' space people? Planting those bugs.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Head

Hi man. To me it actually sounds like the guitar strums & vocals are off tempo here and there
Peace
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Hi man. To me it actually sounds like the guitar strums & vocals are off tempo here and there
Peace

Hahaha! I need to listen again; I missed that!
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Peace
Uh-oh...I can't believe who I just spoke to !
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Yes, this was bad.

I am not impressed with any analog source recording the 6i6 has made.

If I want to put bugs in peoples brains I will need to use the 1/4" tape.
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Addict

I really like the vibe and effects, but indeed there's a problem of tempo, did you record with the click?

If the click is not enough, just add some fake basic drums just to record then erase them.
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear
Do we really need a thread of worst covers?

How about the good ones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FywSzjRq0e4
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybille View Post
I really like the vibe and effects, but indeed there's a problem of tempo, did you record with the click?
The USB 6i6 has Midi connections. Everything WAS supposed to be in time. I'm using the the midi master tempo, to provide 1/4 1/8 1/16 th note quantization. The Midi connections support the sequencing. I use the PCM's and keyboard and DAW linked up via the Midi system. This time however the keyboard was master, a Fantom x6. Only it was also connected USB, as an input. When you use the X6 as a USB input the midi in and out is defeated and thus no SYNCHRONIZATION.

The effects were just set to whatever tempos they happened to be..No unity, total chaos.

This thread was the beginning of a help thread for better recordings. There were many issues. Asio's, latency, artifact, drivers, what works with what and when, etc.

As of late I have been using cabinet impulse responses, and adding white noise to tracks. White noise seems to be used more than I thought. Still watching the youtube videos.

There are some people who post here, and they have a really nice recorded sound. Guitar and voice, drums..Usually those are the ones who do not respond to messages. I am more than sure I'm doing a few things wrong.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search