The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Songs played on TV - question about Royalties
Old 19th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Question Songs played on TV - question about Royalties

Hi guys!

So I'm registered with BMI as my PRO and I use the TuneCore Publishing services which collect mechanical streaming royalties and the like. I live in Germany and did not want to use the local PRO (which is GEMA).

Now my songs were played multiple times (snippets of it) during major tv shows in the past year in Germany (and the UK as well) - how are those royalties collected? Is there any action needed from my side?

Another thing is, that I do not find my songs on the website of GEMA for some reason. Do BMI and GEMA do not share their catalogs or better put, does BMI not collect royalties for me from other countries?

I hope I can find some clarity here as the support on TuneCore was kind of confusing stating that they do only register the songs with my PRO but the website clearly states they are registering them with world-wide PROs.

Thanks in advance!
Old 20th February 2019
Lives for gear

i'm with BMI as well and my music has been used on TV in the UK. i get paid. just wait for the millions to start rolling in. LOL

seriously, it's not a problem here

if PROs don't take care of their members they will lose them to other PROs

Last edited by Dave.R; 20th February 2019 at 03:46 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search