The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Masters
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Nut

Masters

Hi,

Are there any true masters of songwriting on this forum? Clearly, we should not be confused about who we are and why and so and so forth or so forth. I speak as an open-minded etudiant, someone who would spread the gospel of the new-world order in as clear as possible terms to people who behave, potentially, entirely brainlessly. It is necessary, for me, as indeed a Master, to behave with - I will just blurt it out - decorum.

I have suffered, and you have no idea. I don't want to be dramatic, but then again this site is pretty passé and your ideas get shot down all the time, and we need more out of life also than decorum, of course; but all I can think of is indeed good old Germany, good old signor Goethe.

Doesn't surprise me that Christ our Lord
preferred to live with *****s
& sinners, seeing
I go in for that myself.

He wrote. Am I really supposed to allow people to stand against me in the street and talk to me and look at me and so on and so forth, cross the street suddenly and end up right in front of me and so and so forth, or so forth, when I can just not allow them, when I am allowed to resist? Of course not! There are many non-violent, verbal and physical, ways to get people to be aware, at least, of your boundaries, but no matter how hard you try, people always touch you, it frustrates me endlessly; but it sometimes - seeming, in this sense, an incidental thing - is just dependent on where you are. But I don't care. There is not even room enough, to be anywhere!
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear

That's an interesting thought train you're running on. It is always hard to get the message out there, especially to those who are blatantly ignorant.
To get to people need to be touched by the message, not physically perse of course. Psychologically I mean. So how can one do that whilst keeping the distance?
Old 9th February 2019
I'm afraid I wasn't able to put my finger on precisely what you were trying to say in the topmost post.

Could you try rephrasing that, maybe try summing up the general idea or ideas into a couple of straightforward sentences?
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
I'm afraid I wasn't able to put my finger on precisely what you were trying to say in the topmost post.

Could you try rephrasing that, maybe try summing up the general idea or ideas into a couple of straightforward sentences?
I vote for just stepping aside and letting the inmates run with it.
Old 9th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I vote for just stepping aside and letting the inmates run with it.
Sometimes, walking past a mysterious pond, you just have to throw caution to the wind and toss a stone in and see what ripples...
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Nut

It seems no matter where I go, there are angry dogs barking
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiebertus View Post
Hi,

Are there any true masters of songwriting on this forum? Clearly, we should not be confused about who we are and why and so and so forth or so forth. I speak as an open-minded etudiant, someone who would spread the gospel of the new-world order in as clear as possible terms to people who behave, potentially, entirely brainlessly. It is necessary, for me, as indeed a Master, to behave with - I will just blurt it out - decorum.

I have suffered, and you have no idea. I don't want to be dramatic, but then again this site is pretty passé and your ideas get shot down all the time, and we need more out of life also than decorum, of course; but all I can think of is indeed good old Germany, good old signor Goethe.

Doesn't surprise me that Christ our Lord
preferred to live with *****s
& sinners, seeing
I go in for that myself.

He wrote. Am I really supposed to allow people to stand against me in the street and talk to me and look at me and so on and so forth, cross the street suddenly and end up right in front of me and so and so forth, or so forth, when I can just not allow them, when I am allowed to resist? Of course not! There are many non-violent, verbal and physical, ways to get people to be aware, at least, of your boundaries, but no matter how hard you try, people always touch you, it frustrates me endlessly; but it sometimes - seeming, in this sense, an incidental thing - is just dependent on where you are. But I don't care. There is not even room enough, to be anywhere!
I feel your pain.

~HW
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Please present your songs Master,
For how shall I not know you,
I carry forth your burdens,
And,will, servitude for you.

Suffer your wretched thoughts,
Uttered like commandments,
Unto your unbeknown,
The terrain of shadows.

Yet where doth thou lead me,
Under Faith's veil of propriety,
What exactly can I expect,
as you propagate your agenda.

Are you not in the present,
This moment by moment,
Lift your eyes whereupon look,
The message is clear,
What you perceive is,
Scenes of reality,
Look at where you are.
Find now, NOW.
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Nettle View Post
Please present your songs Master,
For how shall I not know you,
I carry forth your burdens,
And,will, servitude for you.

Suffer your wretched thoughts,
Uttered like commandments,
Unto your unbeknown,
The terrain of shadows.

Yet where doth thou lead me,
Under Faith's veil of propriety,
What exactly can I expect,
as you propagate your agenda.

Are you not in the present,
This moment by moment,
Lift your eyes whereupon look,
The message is clear,
What you perceive is,
Scenes of reality,
Look at where you are.
Find now, NOW.
God bless you

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search