The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tunecore publishing administration
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Tunecore publishing administration

Good morning slutz! What’s your take on TuneCore’s publishing administration services? Do you know or think it’s a waste of time. Should a songwriter find a connection to a music supervisor? Find someone who can get the music to the music supervisors personally? Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Lmao. Damn! Ok! 129 views and no answers. Thanks slutz! I’ll do that. Lol
Old 6th February 2019
Here for the gear
View Tunecore as a "backend" for any and all efforts you make towards getting your music out. Should anyone broadcast or include your music in a compilation, film or even a playlist they will track and collect what you are due. They don't have any worthwhile promotional services (in my opinion / experience), again look to them to be the backend...

Hope this helps...

G
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Good info here

Cannot recommended because:

They trap you into paying every year while other aggregators only charge once.

Apart from that they do everything they promise.

YouTube stuff is great though takes time to get payments coming in.

If your outside the US you need to register with the IRS to avoid them taking taxes.

Hope this helps.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post

If your outside the US you need to register with the IRS to avoid them taking taxes.

Hope this helps.
I’m not sure about what you mean, when you say pay every year. I’ve only paid a one time 75 dollar fee for the administration services. But I do have to pay, every time I want a song or album put up for a year. And I find that reasonable.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo316 View Post
View Tunecore as a "backend" for any and all efforts you make towards getting your music out. Should anyone broadcast or include your music in a compilation, film or even a playlist they will track and collect what you are due. They don't have any worthwhile promotional services (in my opinion / experience), again look to them to be the backend...

Hope this helps...

G
Ok! Thanks for the info.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Hope this helps.
Thanks for you input also.
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagicorn35 View Post
I’m not sure about what you mean, when you say pay every year. I’ve only paid a one time 75 dollar fee for the administration services. But I do have to pay, every time I want a song or album put up for a year. And I find that reasonable.
If you release an album on TuneCore today it costs

£23.99 then 39.99 each year thereafter. (annual fee)

TuneCore Pricing | Music Distribution & Publishing

CdBaby £49 per album no annual fee.

Hope that clears it up.

The main thing with agg's is to make sure your on Spotify for Sync and Youtube for anyone using your music in videos.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
If you release an album on TuneCore today it costs

£23.99 then 39.99 each year thereafter. (annual fee)

TuneCore Pricing | Music Distribution & Publishing

CdBaby £49 per album no annual fee.

Hope that clears it up.

The main thing with agg's is to make sure your on Spotify for Sync and Youtube for anyone using your music in videos.
Yeah. I’m aware of that. And see no problem with it. I was focusing on the administration side as in placements for tv, film and video games. Are their any good stories behind that. That’s my question. Is it worth having? And who here has used it? Should I try another outlet to get my music into the sync part tunecore?
Old 8th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagicorn35 View Post
Yeah. I’m aware of that. And see no problem with it. I was focusing on the administration side as in placements for tv, film and video games. Are their any good stories behind that. That’s my question. Is it worth having? And who here has used it? Should I try another outlet to get my music into the sync part tunecore?
Pay the $75 and get the service.
Old 24th March 2019
i know i'm late to this but i've been using Tunecore's admin service for years. it's good and i'd never tell you not to do something that could make you even a little bit of money on the backend, but it's a very... passive, and small type of income. great for Youtube, back when Youtube actually paid people. there's only a one time fee.

overall i wouldn't recommend Tunecore for distribution over other services like Distrokid though but the admin stuff is good.
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godson View Post
i know i'm late to this but i've been using Tunecore's admin service for years. it's good and i'd never tell you not to do something that could make you even a little bit of money on the backend, but it's a very... passive, and small type of income. great for Youtube, back when Youtube actually paid people. there's only a one time fee.

overall i wouldn't recommend Tunecore for distribution over other services like Distrokid though but the admin stuff is good.
Ok, so what makes Distrokid the one to roll with? I’m just curious. Do they have more accounts with digital stores? Or do they reach a certain crowd?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search