The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Find a lyricist
Old 10th January 2019
Here for the gear

Find a lyricist

Hi!
May anyone suggest where I can hire a Lyric writer for commercial song?
Please give me links (popular sites ) for this needs.
Thanks a lot
Old 11th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksitto View Post
Hi!
May anyone suggest where I can hire a Lyric writer for commercial song?
Please give me links (popular sites ) for this needs.
Thanks a lot

Besides whatever other answers you may receive, I would think you could run a classified in the Musicians ad of Craigslist stating the exact same thing you did here in your post.

Also, place some paper flyers on the bulletin boards at the music departments of the colleges around your area, and of course all your local music stores.

Keep in mind that lyricists don't have to be musicians, so you might also look into poetry reading places, literature departments, and writing forums on the web.

Don't expect the lyricist to have a melody. That's on you. And don't expect the writer of lyrics to be able to sing them. Again, that's on you.
Old 16th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddskins View Post
Besides whatever other answers you may receive, I would think you could run a classified in the Musicians ad of Craigslist stating the exact same thing you did here in your post.

Also, place some paper flyers on the bulletin boards at the music departments of the colleges around your area, and of course all your local music stores.

Keep in mind that lyricists don't have to be musicians, so you might also look into poetry reading places, literature departments, and writing forums on the web.

Don't expect the lyricist to have a melody. That's on you. And don't expect the writer of lyrics to be able to sing them. Again, that's on you.
Thanks for answering!
There are couple sites i've found.
Hire Pro Studio Musicians, Vocalists & Audio Engineers | AirGigs
Recording Studios, Mixing & Mastering Engineers, Singers | SoundBetter
There are many liricists to hire. I think it's enough, but maybe someone know some more music popular sites for hiring
Old 3rd February 2019
Lives for gear

You know you do not have to really write lyrics... all you have to do is recognize them. They are all about us everyday. If you want 'commercial' what is more commercial than what someone has overlooked and is in our public vocabulary everyday I have given many song lyrics away... sowing where you reap type deal. Just send me a topic or title I will slap one down for you - maybe it will help you get lucky. gl
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Head

Hi there, I'd be happy to set a piece of music you have- you could send it to me, tell me what you want, and I'd start for free, if you wanted me to continue we can talk payment.

Best,
Vincent

Vincent de Tourdonnet
Lyricist, Musical Theatre Writer/Director
Home
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
You know you do not have to really write lyrics... all you have to do is recognize them. They are all about us everyday. If you want 'commercial' what is more commercial than what someone has overlooked and is in our public vocabulary everyday I have given many song lyrics away... sowing where you reap type deal. Just send me a topic or title I will slap one down for you - maybe it will help you get lucky. gl
Interesting comments.

I've gotten lots of the kernels of song ideas from eavesdropping -- drunk people are especially generous with material.

But that's just the seed of the thing. It can take me a month or a year to get it to where I think it's good. Because of that -- because it's hard effing work -- I don't slap down or give away, but good for you for being willing to.
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Interesting comments.

I've gotten lots of the kernels of song ideas from eavesdropping -- drunk people are especially generous with material.

But that's just the seed of the thing. It can take me a month or a year to get it to where I think it's good. Because of that -- because it's hard effing work -- I don't slap down or give away, but good for you for being willing to.
Yes its nice to get payed for work but it is not always the only path to do what you want to do. In the arts I love doing it so its not work to me; although it may be hard at times. Almost all my great jobs have come from sowing and offering. My first directors break for filming major independent movies came in this fashion. I offered to be a cinematographer for a producer, for no pay. I was brought on to be a camera assistant - and within a day or two the crew split to do another movie. I was thrown into (my childhood dream of) directing but I was well prepared for the opportunity. Luck comes to those who are prepared. Had a great time. And I ended up getting paid for it too. Shortly afterwards I offered to direct a movie in cali for free because I loved the story. Booker T offered some of the sound track songs comp. It ended up being a real nice piece of work. I have also given away screenplays and treatments to some powerful and not so powerful industry people. It opened many doors. Writing songs lyrics and poems are my wheelhouse. If I can do something to help someone out (with absolutely no strings attached)- I will. I like to pay it backwards. Most people never ever take up the offer. I would say 1 out of a hundred do. Its funny how doing this creates prosperity. When I posted to offer here; within a week I was offered a great song collaboration (from something I always wanted to do) - reggae music with established people down in Kingston. So we are putting a couple pieces together with local/connected people. If nothing much comes of it so be it. But I will have learned alot and had a blast doing it. The nice thing about a no-pay job is that usually all the people are more honest and have more freedom and are not try to 'appease' the one producing making the 'work' that much better. In film it is so common to do freebies... because its one of the few methods to climb the proverbial film latter. Hey I need a grip or a dp for a day or 2, np it will all come out in the wash. I wish more lower level music talent/productions would do same. Jazz and similar genres seem more amiable to that imo. Thats why I started working with Jazz in the beginning. To each their own. On the other hand if a major player wanted to possibly collaborate with me on a purely speculative project - I am sure I could find some time to entertain and hear what they might have in mind and if there was something I could help them with I probably would.

Many writers do not have the burden of overhead, equipment, investment or crew; so many writers will often offer. If you own a studio YES you have to get payed otherwise it wouldn't exist. If you have an in 'vested' situation you must be compensated. But I am sure most studio owners have at some time done a charitable donation.

I do not drink or get high. I get high on life and music. Music is my drug of choice. 'Slap down' means different things to different people. If I spend 30 mins of my fullest attention/concentration on something - to me that is slapped down. It just means a quick span of time. Most of my best songs have been written or conceived or slapped down within 30 mins. Didn't mean to ramble a bit. I think our thoughts are not too far apart.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search