The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A demo I did with an American hitproducer
Old 30th October 2018
Here for the gear

A demo I did with an American hitproducer

Hi guys,

I wrote this song on a beat that was produced by MdL, who's known for producing What Do You Mean for Justin Bieber. We did a bunch of songs that got submitted to APG. I thought I'd share one of them with you guys. I know this probably is not really a hit tho, but it's a fun little song and beat.

On a separate note, I've attracted some interest from a well known manager, but not yet his attention. So I'm always on the lookout. If there are any hot shot managers here working with some good producers or artists, hit me up .

Feel free to post any critique or questions!

Peacee!

Old 30th October 2018
Gear Head

I like the music and some of the melodies but the lyrics need work. Also the music/sounds seem to be low quality. If I was creating this music I would not sacrifice quality at all. I feel like that’s the whole point of this sound... Gucci or nothing.
Old 3rd November 2018
Gear Head

Did MdL let you pick from a folder of beats, or make the track in front of you?
Old 3rd November 2018
Lives for gear
Another vocoder track?

Where is the hook?
Old 3rd November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyjvezza View Post
I like the music and some of the melodies but the lyrics need work. Also the music/sounds seem to be low quality. If I was creating this music I would not sacrifice quality at all. I feel like that’s the whole point of this sound... Gucci or nothing.
Not sure what you mean with Gucci. But the low-fi quality was intentional to get that retro sound. Admittedly the mix could be better, but I only mixed the vocals, the beat was done already, which makes it a lot more difficult to fit the vox in the mix.
Old 3rd November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Reeves View Post
Did MdL let you pick from a folder of beats, or make the track in front of you?
No he sent me a folder. I sent him about 10 songs back of which 5 got submitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
Another vocoder track?

Where is the hook?
Complaining about autotune is as unoriginal as using autotune.

The hook starts around 0.50. But somehow I get the feeling that remark was meant sarcastically lol.
Old 7th November 2018
Gear Head

When Producers haven't had a big hit in 3 years, they'll often make money by "selling the dream" to aspiring artists. Your vocals sound really passe, Kanye 808s & Heartbreak/Wiz Khalifa Rolling Papers. And lyrically it sounds like a SNL parody sketch from a comedian, rather than an actual song. Particularly the "throwing money in the Strip Club" line. A good producer will coach you on both your melodys and lyrics.

The instrumental doesn't seem like it was made recently. The machine gun hi-hats haven't been in style since Keri Hilson's "Knock You Down". The music sounds like he tried to combine "Can You Stand The Rain" and "Drank In My Cup". The guitar solo at the end sounds sloppy and you'd never hear something like that on the radio.

I think at this point what you need more is a writing partner to trade ideas with, not a producer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search