The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fastest Way To write music you love
Old 5th October 2018
Here for the gear

Fastest Way To write music you love

Hello, Guys New Here

So one thing i have been noticing a-lot of people even though i am by no means a world class producer is people are asking me a-lot about how i make my music and how am i writing it so fast Im dying to show people so what better way then joining all kinds of forums. it does not matter what DAW you use its the same thing across all platforms!!

What are some of the things you guys do to write music as fast as possible?

Me i lay down a foundation first.

I write mix and master hip hop in 10 minutes or less can be applied to dance music
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Head

You sound like a typical youtube video producer, all this post is missing is "Be sure to click like and subscribe!"

"Lay down a foundation" isn't advice, it's basic knowledge. And while it's nice to finish things, if all you spent is ten minutes I don't want to hear it.
Old 5th October 2018
Here for the gear

i feel you

Yeah i guess when you type it out it sounds like bs but yeah dont forget to like and subsribe! jk lol

for real though man yeah much easier to explain then do what kind of plugins do you use to load in samples il teach you something dope
Old 5th October 2018
Deleted c2a9416
Loop beatz, cut n' paste lyrics ....boom ....
Old 5th October 2018
Here for the gear

you can use one shots but yeah basically also throw a counter melody once you got the foundation piece of cake
Old 5th October 2018
Here for the gear

****ing hilarious! thats how i feel when i open up abelton
Old 5th October 2018
Here for the gear

So Kick pattern, Snare pattern, Clap, hit hat ect ect,, start with simple melody then have them laid one measure in front of you then guess what copy paste lol then go back and start deleting stuff to give the song structure don't be afraid to use a filters for the melody once you have a foundation start adding effects and samples and also don,t go crazy with mixing just yet start with an eq and volume and you will be on your first step to becoming a g.
Old 7th October 2018
Wow, this is really going to help with the folk songs I'm writing (You did say music you love)
Old 7th October 2018
Lives for gear

Ooh don't forget to mumble into the microphone and autotune the hell out of that ****.
Old 8th October 2018
Here for the gear

The fastest way to write music you love and everyone else thinks is ****.
Old 8th October 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted c2a9416 View Post
not sure why i said that 3 times - too fast for the internet ...
Pretty funny actually, given what you wrote in that post....
Old 9th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboardchikz666 View Post
...in 10 minutes or less...
Impressive. I've found the following series very interesting as it provides a glimpse into many various artists' workflow

Against the Clock Archives - FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music.
Old 10th October 2018
Gear Nut

If we're talking about beats, the only producers I'd trust to pound out sexy instrumentals in under 10-15 minutes are producers like Scott Storch or Dr Dre who are highly skilled at the piano and can easily whip out complicated and beautiful melodies in split seconds, which is not something most producers can do. Much of the work that goes into making radio worthy instrumentals isn't the foundation of it, but rather the subtle differences between bar segments which need to blend in with the overall vibe of the beat. Anyone can make a very simply loopy bar segment that someone can rap/sing to, and sometimes that is enough, assuming you have a skilled artist over it. A skilled artist can make even the simplest beats sound great.
Old 10th October 2018
Lives for gear
When I screw around with the intent to screw around, I create some awesome music.

When I write music with the intent to write music, absolutely nothing.
Old 11th October 2018
Back in the waning days of my involvement with electronica/club influenced music (2000, though the video came later), I found that I could literally create music faster than I could listen to it.

Quote:
This 1 minute 9 second piece of music was written and executed in 41 seconds by 'painting' sound in ahead of the play cursor while the track-in-progress was actually playing in the looping software ACID. The implication of this, of course, is that we now have the capability of creating original music faster than it can be listened to, meaning that one person, working assiduously, could create more than a lifetime of music. Pretty staggering, huh? Eat yo' heart out, Amadeus, my man.
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

Against the Clock is a great series on YT. It's really just examples of people throwing down as much quality as they can in a short timeline and doesn't equate to "writing a song" so much but fun to watch none the less.

This 10 min feature just scares me though:

Is this how music is made now? Looks like a recipe for hotdog meat to me.
Impressive how well he knows his software but where's the soul?

Reminds me of going to a restaurant and ordering a nice meal.... and it's at the table in less than 10 min? You know that's been microwaved.
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Guru

"songwriting"
Old 11th October 2018
What is this... "songwriting"?

Song construction!
Old 14th October 2018
I feel like amadeus was maybe going for quality, not necessarily quantity..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search