The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A songwriters review of Radio Pluggers ( radiopluggers.com )
Old 8th September 2018
Here for the gear

A songwriters review of Radio Pluggers ( radiopluggers.com )

For songwriters like myself who are looking for radio promoters for their music, I wanted to share my experience with one radio promoter that claims to be the 'world's number one' service, Radio Pluggers - radiopluggers.com. (When I asked, they of course provided nothing to back up that claim).

Unfortunately it was a very poor experience with radiopluggers.com

They charge a very high fee (USD$1,900) and claim to send your music to thousands of radio stations and media outlets, but they don't tell you that only a very very tiny fraction of the recipients are actually likely to engage with their email. In my case I was told that only 150 recipients clicked to listen to the song I was promoting, from 72,000 emails sent. This was false, it was actually 110 recipients when I de-duplicated the recipients from the report they provided me. If they truly sent that many emails, then that is 0.15% actual engagement.

Clearly radiopluggers has no credibility whatsoever with the overwhelming majority of it's recipients.

They state on their website that they will 'ensure global radio airplay'. Of course, they cannot and do not.

I asked for proof that they sent that many emails and was provided with none.

I also asked very reasonably for a refund of some portion of the fee I paid due to the dismal results they produced, but they refused.

Additionally I received several spam emails as a result of their mailout, from recipients offering even more shady promotional services.

I'm very ashamed to admit that I was fooled by their marketing claims and I wasted a big chunk of a promotion budget that I had worked very hard to put together as a self-funded, independent artist - when it comes time to promote your own music do your research and use a reputable radio promoter, which radiopluggers.com simply is not.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOROTHY SHAW View Post
My ipluggers experience has been GREAT !!!
Wow, Dorothy, that's really exciting news. I'm sure, though, that it's at least in part because your music is terrific. Would you be so kind as to post one of your songs here (or an excerpt from one) so we can see what it takes to achieve your level of success?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarii View Post
For songwriters like myself who are looking for radio promoters for their music, I wanted to share my experience with one radio promoter that claims to be the 'world's number one' service, Radio Pluggers - radiopluggers.com. (When I asked, they of course provided nothing to back up that claim).

They charge a very high fee (USD$1,900) and claim to send your music to thousands of radio stations and media outlets, but they don't tell you that only a very very tiny fraction of the recipients are actually likely to engage with their email. In my case I was told that only 150 recipients clicked to listen to the song I was promoting, from 72,000 emails sent. This was false, it was actually 110 recipients when I de-duplicated the recipients from the report they provided me. If they truly sent that many emails, then that is 0.15% actual engagement.

Clearly radiopluggers has no credibility whatsoever with the overwhelming majority of it's recipients.

They state on their website that they will 'ensure global radio airplay'. Of course, they cannot and do not.

I also asked very reasonably for a refund of some portion of the fee I paid due to the dismal results they produced, but they refused.

Additionally I received several spam emails as a result of their mailout, from recipients offering even more shady promotional services.

I'm very ashamed to admit that I was fooled by their marketing claims and I wasted a big chunk of a promotion budget that I had worked very hard to put together as a self-funded, independent artist - when it comes time to promote your own music do your research and use a reputable radio promoter, which radiopluggers.com simply is not.
Sincere thanks to ivarii -- who had a bitter pill to swallow -- but who elected to try to warn the rest of us that there are still plenty of music biz scamsters out there.

I made a rule for myself a long time ago: think long and hard before spending money to give away music. That's not to say I don't, just that I manage the effort myself, I know where every cent goes and I keep a tight lid on expenses that don't seem to pay off.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Still waiting on Dorothy. She gave my previous post in response to hers a thumbs-up. Not sure if it was before or after she deleted her own post plugging ipluggers.com.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Still waiting on Dorothy. She gave my previous post in response to hers a thumbs-up. Not sure if it was before or after she deleted her own post plugging ipluggers.com.
And I thought I was a sucker for a thumbs-up!
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarii View Post

I think 99% of them are scammers. Even the legit ones are crooks. I've checked out a lot of them. If you do a WHO IS check you will find that most of them are outside the US so if the screw you, you're screwed.

Here's where they are and they are hiding there identity address and phone. https://www.whois.com/whois/radiopluggers.com They claim to be in GB (Great Britain????) They won't say where they are and for good reason. They don't want somebody showing up at their location and getting some do it yourself style justice. (The only real justice IMO) Radio Pluggers is probably some scumbag with a website in India. https://www.whois.com/whois/radiopluggers.com

If I were King of the World I'd find scammers and treat them like terrorists.

I've heard Distro Kid is good and I know Tunecore is a gangster.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingerSongWriter View Post
If I were King of the World I'd find scammers and treat them like terrorists.
You'd make them learn how to turn a plane but now how to land it?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search