The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why don't we switch to 432Hz tuning? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Addict

Why don't we switch to 432Hz tuning?

After studying for some time this issue(432Hz vs. 440Hz) I came to the conclusion that:

1. Most producers(99,9%) have no idea what they're working with;
2. Ignorance and laziness are a common habit for us, humans;
3. Song writers and everyone involved in music industry have a much bigger
responsability than they can imagine.

To me it is clear that 432Hz tuning should be the norm, if given the choice. The evidence is overwhelming. 432 is part of a special family of sacred numbers. It even sounds different, it has a specific warmth, feels right, like comming home, even smells like home.

I understand that many will deny this reality. You need to question A LOT of other things to come to this conclusion. Would like to suggest the Cosmic Patterns and Cycles of Catastrophe Blu-ray previews 1 to 8 presented by Randall Carlson uploaded on youtube. This should be a good start. Dig in further up to Nikola Tesla and his thoughts on 3, 6 and 9. Ask yourself what could be so special with this numbers. Then head to thenarrowgateweb website. Read everything from there. Ask yourself how Edward Leedskalnin built his Coral Castle. Go deeper and deeper, don't be afraid. And then come back and troll me...if you still have the power.

432Hz, it's time to make the switch. Internet as we know it won't be here for ever, you need to hurry. Best!

PS: It's so funny watching this Zuckerberg hearing. The biggest threat for The Elites is a free, unregulated Internet. This thing has THE power right now, THIS is what the hearing is about. So, they ask this Zuckerberg stupid questions to prove how bad it is for users not to be "protected" by a hierachical figure. By protecting meaning in-depth control and surveillance from someone overlooking the ins and outs. Safety doesn't equal Freedom, but Freedom can mean Safety.

A very interesting study from Schiller Institute can be read here: Schillerinstitute Campaign To Lower the Tuning Pitch*
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Guru

LA has more than its share of 432 folk, even this far from Topanga, and I've recorded quite a few. I think I'm reasonably vibration-attuned, and I think 432 is just... lower.
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Addict

LA, well done! It should be ok if you can't actually feel its presence, but your cells would say a different story. This is something happening at very deep levels, in tune with the Universe itself, not indie-hippie stuff. The most powerful forces in the Universe are also the most subtle and delicate ones. The stronger, the softer its presence.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
After studying for some time this issue(432Hz vs. 440Hz) I came to the conclusion that:

1. Most producers(99,9%) have no idea what they're working with;
2. Ignorance and laziness are a common habit for us, humans;
3. Song writers and everyone involved in music industry have a much bigger
responsability than they can imagine.

To me it is clear that 432Hz tuning should be the norm, if given the choice. The evidence is overwhelming. 432 is part of a special family of sacred numbers. It even sounds different, it has a specific warmth, feels right, like comming home, even smells like home.

I understand that many will deny this reality. You need to question A LOT of other things to come to this conclusion. Would like to suggest the Cosmic Patterns and Cycles of Catastrophe Blu-ray previews 1 to 8 presented by Randall Carlson uploaded on youtube. This should be a good start. Dig in further up to Nikola Tesla and his thoughts on 3, 6 and 9. Ask yourself what could be so special with this numbers. Then head to thenarrowgateweb website. Read everything from there. Ask yourself how Edward Leedskalnin built his Coral Castle. Go deeper and deeper, don't be afraid. And then come back and troll me...if you still have the power.

432Hz, it's time to make the switch. Internet as we know it won't be here for ever, you need to hurry. Best!

PS: It's so funny watching this Zuckerberg hearing. The biggest threat for The Elites is a free, unregulated Internet. This thing has THE power right now, THIS is what the hearing is about. So, they ask this Zuckerberg stupid questions to prove how bad it is for users not to be "protected" by a hierachical figure. By protecting meaning in-depth control and surveillance from someone overlooking the ins and outs. Safety doesn't equal Freedom, but Freedom can mean Safety.
there is some much rubbish in your post i don't even know where to start - get some education, knowledge, dig a little deeper in the history (of music) and drop any thoughts of conspiracy: this should be a good start...

an elitist
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
LA, well done! It should be ok if you can't actually feel its presence, but your cells would say a different story. This is something happening at very deep levels, in tune with the Universe itself, not indie-hippie stuff. The most powerful forces in the Universe are also the most subtle and delicate ones. The stronger, the softer its presence.
I agree with Brett and think that tuning to A432 vs A440 is just lower.
Your statements about our cells and deep levels in the universe strikes me as very out there. However I want to keep an open mind and hear you out.

I casually believe that all music is somehow mystical. From earth healing drums to death metal. Thats about as far as I like to go. A tuning change of about a 1/4 step lower doesn't seem like it would have any influence. Its just simply a lower sound.

But please tell me more about where you are going. No one can prove or disprove the theory that A:432 tuning has an effect on our bodies and minds physiologically
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

The entire world is going to follow your
“warning” and switch to A=432hz? Hahaha.

Not gonna happen. How about finding
another more worthwhile cause? Like better
songs.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ienjoyaudio View Post
I agree with Brett and think that tuning to A432 vs A440 is just lower.
Your statements about our cells and deep levels in the universe strikes me as very out there. However I want to keep an open mind and hear you out.

I casually believe that all music is somehow mystical. From earth healing drums to death metal. Thats about as far as I like to go. A tuning change of about a 1/4 step lower doesn't seem like it would have any influence. Its just simply a lower sound.

But please tell me more about where you are going. No one can prove or disprove the theory that A:432 tuning has an effect on our bodies and minds physiologically
3 years ago I was in a place where doctors told me they need to put me on medication for the rest of my life. That is when basically I started to...question everything. Ok, so what's going on, I said? Is this medication really helping me if I have to ingest it forever, on a constant basis? What does it actually do if it's not going to...cure me of my illness? Isn't that why we take medication in the first place? To heal? Ok, so I started the digging. Came out that 1.Doctors are clueless regarding health; 2.The vast majority of drugs are NOT meant to cure anything, only treating symptoms. Holly smoke, but why, how can this be? Who is selling this, why are they allowed to do it? So, turns out that the vast majority of medical doctors are actually sponsored by the pharmaceutic industry, and doctors are basically their...employees. No way! Way! And even more...the pharmaceutic industry is behind the medical school curriculum for decades and decades! There is a reason why medical doctors know close to nothing about nutrition...they are never taught about it in the first place! You have a flue...what do I do, doc? Well, you'll be fine, I'm going to prescribe you some nice syrup and pills. He doesn't know anything about ginger and how amazing it works in such instances! Ok, if that's the case...what am I going to do? Is there hope, true hope? And there was...called Internet. Came across guys like Dr. Michael Greger speaking about plants and their wonderful effects, so I switched to Veganism 1 year ago(even though my nutritional journey started 3 years ago). And now I'm in good shape, lost weight, have energy, absolutely amazing. But, I haven't convinced anyone to go my route for better health. Not a single soul! I'm not very good at convincing people switching from bad to good habits. This thread is also a very good example for that!

Thing is...I do not care if you think I'm right or wrong on this matter(432Hz v. 440Hz). I suggest to do as I did with the diet...experiment and investigate for yourself. Maybe some people, like the pharmaceutic industry, are not interested in your well-being in the first place, maybe they have different plans(that you might not know of), or simply don't care, and this people have the means to change things on a big scale. I came to the conclusion that numbers are not something you can joke with(432 is considered very special by ancient civilizations). They may hold much more than what we're taught in schools. They seem to have a life of their own, and the capability to influence the future. The pyramids were built on this principle. And apparently(I'm still on it) some chambers there are tuned to 432Hz. This needs serious investigation, it doesn't look like a joke, this is not bitcoin, Iphone X, or PC vs. MAC stuff, this should be treated seriously and with caution.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

You have me convinced. I'm going to switch to 432Hz.

Just one question: Are there any other frequencies allowed, too?

Just asking, as I do like to incorporate melodies and chords into my music.

All the best
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evosilica View Post

All the best
Hahaha! Nope, 432Hz, that's your song.

A lovely day, thanks for the laugh!

,Andrei.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahaha! Nope, 432Hz, that's your song.
432Hz is my song?

Awesome, that was easier than I thought. But what if I want to make more than one song? Does the variety come from the pauses between the 432Hz? Like a morse code? This is surely gonna take some time to get used to, but I'm willing to do the right thing.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by evosilica View Post

All the best
Had a 432 band in for a broadcast. Their head guy gave me the whole 432 sermon while was adjusting his capo.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Maniac

The 432 vs 440 debate is an interesting one, but a lot of the information around 432 is distorted. Almost an Urban Myth at this point.

Here's an article from a 1 minute Google search:

Blog >> Myth: 440Hz "Goebbels' Concert Pitch"
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Had a 432 band in for a broadcast. Their head guy gave me the whole 432 sermon while was adjusting his capo.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Might I remind everyone that "Hz" = "cycles per SECOND".

I mean sure, "Cycles" may indeed be considered as a natural phenomenon...

...But the "second" is a human construct, utterly arbitrary, and there is nothing "natural" about it.

Okay, so following this same logic...

...Which would be the "proper" height for a building?

432 feet? 432 yards? 432 meters?
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Okay, so following this same logic...

...Which would be the "proper" height for a building?

432 feet? 432 yards? 432 meters?

Might I remind everyone that Hz = "cycles per SECOND".

"Cycles" may indeed be considered as a natural phenomenon, but the "second" is a human construct, utterly arbitrary, and there is nothing "natural" about it.
For that matter, there's no construct more artificial than Base Ten.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Addict

I'm just happy when the bands I record are all tuned with each other and play the same song; never mind being tuned to concert pitch or some variation!
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
For that matter, there's no construct more artificial than Base Ten.
This is truth.

...However to be fair, at least (according to Stephen Hawking) the concept of integers is based upon "nature".

...And so while "432" can rendered (in binary) as "110110000", the actual integer itself is the same.

The problem is that we humans could just as easily have divided the "day" (a natural phenomenon) into 100 "hours" with 100 "seconds" per "hour". (...Or even 432, for that matter.)

Our measure of time is utterly arbitrary (and therefore so is the measurement we call "Hz").

Last edited by 12ax7; 13th April 2018 at 04:33 PM..
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Our measure of time is utterly arbitrary (and therefore so is the measurement we call "Hz").
Another one that really gets me is the seven-day week. I like it and I think things would be weird without it, but not counting "Genesis," where the eff did it come from?
Old 13th April 2018
I tune my acoustic guitar to 432 and like it. But still tune my lapsteel to 440, because I like it.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Might I remind everyone that "Hz" = "cycles per SECOND".
Hour subdivisions, the numbers, geometry, resonant frequencies, magnetism, astronomy, cosmology, relations between them are part of something that most humans, except people like Ed Leedskalnin, the ancient Egyptians(but not only them, as advanced ancient population remains were discovered even in my country-Romania, at Sarmisegetuza Regia), and The Elite or Freemasonry, have little idea of. The thing is that numbers, as mentioned above, might have a far more deeper meaning, they could be more than arbitrary mathematical reference points, even more, they could hold some form of energy on their own. For more about 432 go to 432 Hz, a new concert pitch - The Sound of Golden Light and read the "A special number" section. There are coincidences over coincidences with this number, plus the famous 3, 6 and 9.

Maybe we are not educated to appreciate and understand numbers like we should, hence is easy for people to come mocking debates such as this, but, it would be a shame not to dig in for more answers, specially if we're active in the music industry. I've only started to scratch the surface of this, but, I feel overwhelmed. Would really love to get some answers at one point.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Another one that really gets me is the seven-day week. I like it and I think things would be weird without it, but not counting "Genesis," where the eff did it come from?
It's so we could have precisely 4.333333333333... weeks in a month. And wait, isn't that approximately equal to 4.32 weeks?! (Goosebumps right?)
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
It's so we could have precisely 4.333333333333... weeks in a month.
What kind of month? There are four varieties, if only three in a given year.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don't you know?

You divide 432 by Einstein's Super Magic Cosmic Pattern constant which is 61.71428571, and you end up with a perfect 7.

Our good lord and creator Zeus laid out some really amazing behind the scenes stuff.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The clock subdivisions, the numbers, geometry, resonant frequencies, magnetism, astronomy, cosmology, relations between them are part of something that most humans, except people like Ed Leedskalnin, the ancient Egyptians(but not only them, as advanced ancient population remains were discovered even in my country-Romania, at Sarmisegetuza Regia), and The Elite or Freemasonry, have/had an idea of. [...]
I defy ANYONE to diagram that sentence!
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

So:

we're going to put exotic replacement motors in all Hammond organs, re-tune 50-100 million pianos, change the length and hence the pressure behavior and response of all brass and reed instruments, and probably require truss rod adjustment on a million or so guitars, so some folks in California can feel groovy?
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
So:

we're going to put exotic replacement motors in all Hammond organs, re-tune 50-100 million pianos, change the length and hence the pressure behavior and response of all brass and reed instruments, and probably require truss rod adjustment on a million or so guitars, so some folks in California can feel groovy?
Yes. Redo it all, because California!
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
So:

...And let's not forget the disrupting effects it would wreak upon:
Tuning forks

Whammy bar adjustments

String gauges

The "stretch" employed when tuning pianos

Software like Autotune/Melodyne/Etc.

...And if you REALLY want to get all hung up on numbers that make you feel good, just consider the profound effect it would have upon the entire Equal-Temperament tuning system!
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
[INDENT]This is truth.

...However to be fair, at least (according to Stephen Hawking) the concept of integers is based upon "nature".
Leopold Kronecher: "God created the integers. Everything else is the work of man."

Hawking used it for the title of an anthology he edited. And the quote itself was tongue in cheek, simply based on the observation that we all start maths by counting things.

However, taking that into account, I'm unclear as to why the OP insists on 432Hz but not Pythagorean tuning, which is more "natural" rather than all that artificial equal-temperament stuff. It's tough that we aren't going to be able to use key modulation but in the quest for enlightenment where A4 is the right frequency godammit, what's a little sacrifice?
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

...Come to think of it, exactly why the hell should it be the 'A' (rather than say, the "D-string" of a guitar) that that somebody decided should be tuned to 432Hz?
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
I defy ANYONE to diagram that sentence!
Sorry, my bad! I wrote it again in the original comment.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search