The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why don't we switch to 432Hz tuning? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

It is one thing to consider an idea that (on first blush) seems to be crazy.

It is quite another thing to ignore overwhelming evidence that contradicts that idea:

Sure, much of what Einstein proposed (for example) seemed "crazy" to even the best scientific minds (at first).

And sure, it is also true that many "established experts" will defend tooth & nail the beliefs with which they have made their livings (sometimes for many decades).

And sure, it is certainly admirable to entertain that which is unconventional.

But near-evangelistic adherence to a dis-proven idea is just stupid!

This is NOT about "consensus".

This is about logic.

Why don't we just change the duration of the second 'till we end up with 440 cycles per the "new second"?

It would be the exact same frequency as what we now know as 432Hz, and everybody would be happy!
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
...So WHAT?
Maybe not...

...But it's NOT as if you have not tried.

If you really want to get back on topic here, perhaps you could explain why the "magic numbers" crowd doesn't attack the convention established for the duration of the "second" (instead of the "cycles per" element).

Can you shed any light on that?
Theory has it that 3-6-9 are sacred numbers, according to Tesla. 432 is also considered a sacred number as it sums up to 9 (4+3+2) and the unit of minute, hour and day follow this logic (60 second-60minutes-24hours). Apparently to this three numbers everything in nature is reduced to, so the second fits well into this. Richard did a nice job showing this here: 13. Magnetism: Tesla’s Key to the Universe | THE NARROW GATE

As a bonus you find out the origins of treble and bass clefs.

Now there is an entire theory on numbers. Some say that they possess a given vibration of their own, a given energy, since everything is energy(I'm not actually hitting the keys of my keyboard right now, I'm pressing onto the energy fields that form some visual blocks which I decode as keys with my own energy fields that I decode as fingers). I don't buy all this, just so you know, I should be able to observe and measure by myself if something is or isn't correct. But when I see things like the horoscope...and read things that do apply to my personality, and there can be no coincidence in getting it right without actually knowing me...I get confused. The horoscope is probably one of the very first things that intrigued me. Sure, many charlatans use it for exploiting naivety, but once you remove them you get to see some weird coincidences. This is absolutely the depth in the rabbit hole. Fascinating and scary at the same time.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
Theory has it that 3-6-9 are sacred numbers, according to Tesla. 432 is also considered a sacred number as it sums up to 9 (4+3+2) and the unit of minute, hour and day follow this logic (60 second-60minutes-24hours). Apparently to this three numbers everything in nature is reduced to, so the second fits well into this. Richard did a nice job showing this here: 13. Magnetism: Tesla’s Key to the Universe | THE NARROW GATE

As a bonus you find out the origins of treble and bass clefs.

Now there is an entire theory on numbers. Some say that they possess a given vibration of their own, a given energy, since everything is energy(I'm not actually hitting the keys of my keyboard right now, I'm pressing onto the energy fields that form some visual blocks which I decode as keys with my own energy fields that I decode as fingers). I don't buy all this, just so you know, I should be able to observe and measure by myself if something is or isn't correct. But when I see things like the horoscope...and read things that do apply to my personality, and there can be no coincidence in getting it right without actually knowing me...I get confused. The horoscope is probably one of the very first things that intrigued me. Sure, many charlatans use it for exploiting naivety, but once you remove them you get to see some weird coincidences. This is absolutely the depth in the rabbit hole. Fascinating and scary at the same time.
Well, okay; but you have still brought up nothing that I haven't heard a thousand times before.

...So even given that all you have alluded to might be correct (a serious longshot); again, answer me this:

Why don't we just change the duration of the second instead ('till we end up with 440 cycles per the "new second")?

It would be the exact same frequency as what we now know as 432Hz, and everybody would be happy!

What is magic about the duration of the second?

Was it handed down from God or something?
Old 5th October 2018
sorry didnt read the entire thread. But how about a simple test? if someone hasn't already suggested.

record a song using 440 and and another exact song using 432.

Then let people vote on which they prefer.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainmack View Post
record a song using 440 and and another exact song using 432.

Then let people vote on which they prefer.
Or better yet:

One with A=432

Another with B=432

Another with C=432

...etc...

I mean, now that I think of it, what the hell is so magical about the letter "A"?
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Theory has it that 3-6-9 are sacred numbers, according to Tesla. 432 is also considered a sacred number as it sums up to 9 (4+3+2) and the unit of minute, hour and day follow this logic (60 second-60minutes-24hours).
Please define "sacred" and also state who has the authority to declare anything or idea sacred.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
Please define "sacred" and also state who has the authority to declare anything or idea sacred.
Yours is post #486.

Coincidence? I think not.

Western music is based upon a 12-note octave.

Therefore we should not be working in base 10, but rather in base 12!

The reason digital does not sound as good as analog is because in binary, the numbers 3, 6, and 9 do not exist.

All of this "knowledge" is being suppressed because there are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary, and those who do not!
QED
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, okay; but you have still brought up nothing that I haven't heard a thousand times before.

...So even given that all you have alluded to might be correct (a serious longshot); again, answer me this:

Why don't we just change the duration of the second instead ('till we end up with 440 cycles per the "new second")?

What is magic about the duration of the second?

Was it handed down from God or something?
Well, we can't change the duration of the second as this would affect all time subdivisions. Implications would be...huuuuuge! 60 seconds(6+0=6) - 60minutes(6+0=6) - 24hours(6+0=6) - 365x24=8760hours/365 days/1year(8+7+6+0=2+1=3) or 366x24=8784hours/366 days/1year(8+7+8+4=2+7=9). Adding numbers like this is numerology, reducing everything to one digit by summing.

Making a small switch as suggested it messes everything up, probably quite ugly, I haven't tried it on paper. So probably this is the magic with the second, the calendar collapses if this unit collapses. Handed from God? I don't know, but I am far more spiritual after finishing that blog I keep mentioning, because suddenly nothing feels random and soulless, not even numbers. Or maybe is just me going cuckoo.
Old 5th October 2018
Quote:
It might not be widespread knowledge (we have to keep this stuff "under wraps", as will become obvious), but I am actually an elected member of the Sacred Numbers Standards Institute (SNSI). Being concerned about the propagation of inaccurate information about the work of our institute, I must report that, following an rigorous process, and due to numerous egregious misuses in the world, 432 was delisted as a sacred number in 2009.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I really feel uncomfortable with this kind of questions when I have already so many of my own. I suppose sacred is referred to constructions of any kind that hold some form of divine, universal power. I'm sure Tesla would feel ok with this sort of definition.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oudplayer View Post
It might not be widespread knowledge (we have to keep this stuff "under wraps", as will become obvious), but I am actually an elected member of the Sacred Numbers Standards Institute (SNSI). Being concerned about the propagation of inaccurate information about the work of our institute, I must report that, following an rigorous process, and due to numerous egregious misuses in the world, 432 was delisted as a sacred number in 2009.
2009? 2+0+0+9 = 1+1 = 2. Yeah...that makes sense.
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
2009? 2+0+0+9 = 1+1 = 2. Yeah...that makes sense.
numerology is but juice. i stopped reading entrails many moons ago. the bottom line is these numbers are chosen to define something in a way that helps understand that something. that something should not be defined or driven by the numbers alone. this 432 number couldnt be exact anyway, theres an infinite multitude of .0000001's making sure youll never reach perfection. part of the beauty is not being able to count every hidden variable.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
numerology is but juice. i stopped reading entrails many moons ago. the bottom line is these numbers are chosen to define something in a way that helps understand that something. that something should not be defined or driven by the numbers alone. this 432 number couldnt be exact anyway, theres an infinite multitude of .0000001's making sure youll never reach perfection. part of the beauty is not being able to count every hidden variable.
yea. that's the problem with an idea like "water naturally resonates at 432"

Salt water or fresh water? They inherently have different densities, and will resonate at different frequencies. Why should a "natural" resonance be attuned to fresh water when 90% + of the water on earth is salt?
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I really feel uncomfortable with this kind of questions when I have already so many of my own. I suppose sacred is referred to constructions of any kind that hold some form of divine, universal power. I'm sure Tesla would feel ok with this sort of definition.
Sorry, but now you need to define "divine" and "universal power". It's like when some 23 year old says, "And then I realized, the Universe was telling me I should go back to school!". Who knew that the cosmos isn't an unorganized mass of gasses, but actually was specifically designed to tell millennials how to live!
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
yea. that's the problem with an idea like "water naturally resonates at 432"

Salt water or fresh water? They inherently have different densities, and will resonate at different frequencies. Why should a "natural" resonance be attuned to fresh water when 90% + of the water on earth is salt?
This is the Only True Water. This s**t resonates like a Mothhhfkka at 432!

Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, we can't change the duration of the second as this would affect all time subdivisions. Implications would be...huuuuuge! 60 seconds(6+0=6) - 60minutes(6+0=6) - 24hours(6+0=6) - 365x24=8760hours/365 days/1year(8+7+6+0=2+1=3) or 366x24=8784hours/366 days/1year(8+7+8+4=2+7=9). Adding numbers like this is numerology, reducing everything to one digit by summing.

Making a small switch as suggested it messes everything up, probably quite ugly, I haven't tried it on paper. So probably this is the magic with the second, the calendar collapses if this unit collapses. Handed from God? I don't know, but I am far more spiritual after finishing that blog I keep mentioning, because suddenly nothing feels random and soulless, not even numbers. Or maybe is just me going cuckoo.
So let me get this straight:

It would just be too much trouble to change the standard of the "second"?

...But NOT too much trouble to change all those tuners and music books?

...And somehow this means that the "second" is somehow more "sacred" than A=440?

This is exactly what I was talking about!

You are bound by your own prejudices (just like everybody else).

If not, then why shouldn't we (for instance) just start with the "key of Z" and work our way backwards to the key of "U", with Z=345 cycles per rotation of the planet Saturn (with "345" being expressed in base 8) .

How did base 10 become "sacred"?

...Just because we have ten fingers?

All of this crap is nothing more (or less) than a civil construct.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is the Only True Water. This s**t resonates like a Mothhhfkka at 432!

Pffft. It’s nothing like Vibe 432 Bottled Water.

Numerology makes for fine entertainment, but it’s a poor substitute for any actual science. Back when I thought people could tell the difference I didn’t mind the indulgence, but it’s getting to the point where it feels downright dangerous to have such an easily misled population.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Western music is based upon a 12-note octave.

Therefore we should not be working in base 10, but rather in base 12!
Not really - that would be like saying the number of letters in alphabets should also adhere to base 10.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Not really - that would be like saying the number of letters in alphabets should also adhere to base 10.
I think you misunderstand:

I said WESTERN music.

You're forgetting about the OTHER kind of music:

COUNTRY music!

...Ya know, like with pedal steel and slide guitars (and all that other off-pitch crap).
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

It’s amazing how many ways the Darwin awards can be applied. Nature once again identifying where the gene pool that needs to be drained and sterilized.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
It’s amazing how many ways the Darwin awards can be applied. Nature once again identifying where the gene pool that needs to be drained and sterilized.
Darwin (like Murphy) was an optimist!
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Addict

I was doing yoga a few years back, and I actually had an encounter with a universal life frequency enlightening. I had my sandals all sweaty from the being in the flying lotus too long and so my heels slipped, i flipped backwards but my bun caught the fall and i just froze in position on my bun with my legs in pretzel pose pointed to the ceiling and i focused really hard, and just stayed in that position for what i was told wss minutes and suddenly i felt a fire inside and it was building like a screaming train, and i just let loose. butt wind, ear wind, 3 leg wind. suffice it to say this was all captured on my cousins guitar tuner and it showed as 432. and everynote really felt like an down tuned A.
never been the same since. really connected my shakra to the earth center.

if the expulsion had been in 440 i fear, for the consequences would have been grave, grave indeed.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was doing yoga a few years back, and I actually had an encounter with a universal life frequency enlightening. I had my sandals all sweaty from the being in the flying lotus too long and so my heels slipped, i flipped backwards but my bun caught the fall and i just froze in position on my bun with my legs in pretzel pose pointed to the ceiling and i focused really hard, and just stayed in that position for what i was told wss minutes and suddenly i felt a fire inside and it was building like a screaming train, and i just let loose. butt wind, ear wind, 3 leg wind. suffice it to say this was all captured on my cousins guitar tuner and it showed as 432. and everynote really felt like an down tuned A.

if the expulsion had been in 440 i fear, for the consequences would have been grave, grave indeed.
Would have been more interesting if it were lit...
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Pffft. It’s nothing like Vibe 432 Bottled Water.

Numerology makes for fine entertainment, but it’s a poor substitute for any actual science. Back when I thought people could tell the difference I didn’t mind the indulgence, but it’s getting to the point where it feels downright dangerous to have such an easily misled population.
I think the bottled water scam got a broad representation of the population, including those adept at math and science.

Evian Retaw
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
That is one inspiring story!

Do you think it would be legal to send any of that plant material to the jurisdiction in which I live?

(Not wanting to break the law or anything.)
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
That is one inspiring story!

Do you think it would be legal to send any of that plant material to the jurisdiction in which I live?

(Not wanting to break the law or anything.)
i only smoke my bun hairs, its more natural that way. now that i vibrate constantly at 432 i can ingest any part of my body and it lifts my chakra
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

Man, the trolling is through the roof now! You're obviously not in tune with Universe and Mother Earth AT ALL! Here, some juice for your lost soul to reconnect: YouTube

Oh yes, drinking glacial water is the key to...staying hydrated. I'm going to post back on-topic when I actually have something.

See you soon, stay creative!

PS: Better like that looping track, cause it's mine.
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

This post is a perfect illustration of the level of "reasoning" that goes into these "theories".

The earth's orbit of the sun does not last 365 days. Nor does it last 366 days. It doesn't last a whole number of days, period. Nor even a whole number of hours or minutes or seconds. The 365 day calendar, with the occasional leap year, is simply a construct to bring our human division of time into line with the amount of time it actually takes the earth to orbit the sun.

But that's the level of thought that goes into any of this b*****t: people who think they've unlocked some elemental truth to the universe that has eluded all the world's actual scientists, but who can't even muster a 3rd grade level of understanding of basic science.

So, there is zero connection between the second and the year; it's just a human construct that if you bend it one way, twist it another, and round things up from time to time, it sort of adds up to a trip round the sun. But not really. Wow, that's super spiritual! (No, wait, I take it back: it's cuckoo.)
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Nor are there 60 seconds in every minute. Some have 61. We also don’t have 24 hours in every day, as we have one with 23 and one with 25 in many (but not all!) places on earth.
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
We also don’t have 24 hours in every day, as we have one with 23 and one with 25 in many (but not all!) places on earth.
Gee, I sure hope I wouldn't be using a tuner to tune my guitar when a leap second comes along!

That would truly suck!

That would be even worse than some bozo getting elected president on a leap year! (This will happen for Americans in the year 2020.)

One year has the length of 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 45 seconds (roughly).

Obviously, this means that the duration of the standard "second" stands in error!

Anybody out there got the math skills to figure all this out so that a "second" comes out "even"?

If we can do that (and then make an Α=432 cycles per each corrected "second"), then we might actually be getting somewhere!

(One can only hope.)

Last edited by 12ax7; 6th October 2018 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: Left some stuff out.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search