The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why don't we switch to 432Hz tuning? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 25th June 2018
  #451
Lives for gear
 
norfolk martin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Well, I guess that's every bit as valid an arbitrary measurement as would be one based upon the length of the average human foot.
.!
I like the idea. From now on , all frequencies will be identified by wavelength in feet when traveling through air,rather than by cycles per second

A = 440 is now A= 2.55

I have decreed it - let it be so
Old 25th June 2018
  #452
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
I like the idea. From now on , all frequencies will be identified by wavelength in feet when traveling through air,rather than by cycles per second

A = 440 is now A= 2.55

I have decreed it - let it be so
So it will vary with barometric pressure then? I like that. Very... relativistic.
Old 25th June 2018
  #453
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
I like the idea. From now on , all frequencies will be identified by wavelength in feet when traveling through air,rather than by cycles per second

A = 440 is now A= 2.55

I have decreed it - let it be so
Not that I'm one, unlike former Jets' coach Rex Ryan, all foot fetishists approve of such a decree.
Old 25th June 2018
  #454
Lives for gear
 
norfolk martin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
So it will vary with barometric pressure then? I like that. Very... relativistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Not that I'm one, unlike former Jets' coach Rex Ryan, all foot fetishists approve of such a decree.
I'm no physicist, but, as I understand it, it actually varies with humidity as well as pressure! The figures I used were for propagation in "dry air"

This leads to the intriguing possibility that in somewhere like Oklahoma, where the seasonal humidity is wet - dry - wet - dry the standing wave patterns might seasonally change in everyone's home studio?
1
Share
Old 28th June 2018
  #455
Lives for gear
 
12ax7's Avatar
 

Food for thought:
Equation of Time
Old 29th June 2018
  #456
Lives for gear
Precision time measurement was a long sought idea primarily for navigation purposes. Longitude calculations require highly accurate and stable time pieces. You all know that a second is also a measurement of an arc , right?
Old 30th June 2018
  #457
Lives for gear
 
12ax7's Avatar
 

Wanna reboot your mind on this issue?
Try this:
Play a tone (at any frequency you think should be an "A") on your speakers.

As you listen to it, put a big hard chunk of bubblegum in your mouth, and chew it.

Listen to what happens to the "pitch" as you chew.
.
Old 30th June 2018
  #458
Lives for gear
 
robert82's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
You all know that a second is also a measurement of an arc , right?
And the number of degrees assigned to that arc is arbitrary.
Old 30th June 2018
  #459
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
And the number of degrees assigned to that arc is arbitrary.
360 isn’t the Universe’s area code?
2
Share
Old 1st July 2018
  #460
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
And the number of degrees assigned to that arc is arbitrary.
Probably started from Base 2, a very human thing to do. So sort of arbitrary but linked to the simplest Base humans discovered.
Old 1st July 2018
  #461
Lives for gear
 
12ax7's Avatar
 

This being the internet and everything, it just dawned upon me that a lotta folks might think I was just being silly/obtuse/satirical/or whatever when I posted this:
Post #457
...But please reconsider:

Just try actually doing what it suggests!

(Yeah, just chew some bubble gum while listening to a tone.)

...Then report back to us about how "absolute" ANY kinda choice of "pitch" could possibly be "correct".
.

Last edited by 12ax7; 1st July 2018 at 08:46 PM..
Old 1st July 2018
  #462
Lives for gear
 
12ax7's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
360 isn’t the Universe’s area code?
No.

Its the last three digits of its social security number.
2
Share
Old 4th October 2018
  #463
Lives for gear
 

Boy, this topic really took off! Meanwhile I read the articles posted on this website: THE NARROW GATE. It's where I started questioning some things, including the famous 432Hz in tuning. Today I finished reading the last article posted there by this young British engineer that seems very passionate in understanding the secrets of our world, if any, and I have to say that I'm now a different man than before starting reading his posts. I'm not affiliated with his website, just so you know. I doubt he makes any money there, anyways.

On-topic, I still don't have the scientific reasoning for 432, and I will research this until I collect enough data to support or dismiss this theory. I do know now that there is much more than we're told, specially after finishing reading all those articles that clicked in a wonderful, but very scary way. If you're a curious guy by nature I guarantee you that this literature is 100% for you. You will not be disappointed, on the contrary, you'll be flooded with answers and questions, your family will have to call 911 to remove all that amount of answers and questions that covered you. It's that impressive. The only downside is that you'll start viewing the world in a way that most don't, which is bad, cause you'll be different, hence considered weird.

Will absolutely report back on this thread once/if I get to know more. I'm fine being considered awkward in the meantime.

Cheers, guys!
Old 4th October 2018
  #464
Lives for gear
 
norfolk martin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
Boy, this topic really took off! Meanwhile I read the articles posted on this website: THE NARROW GATE. It's where I started questioning some things, including the famous 432Hz in tuning. Te

Cheers, guys!
well.....when he writes things like"

[I]Water cells for example have a resonant frequency of 432Hz at which they form perfectly symmetrical patterns

Huh...water cells? Since when has water had a cellular makeup ?

OR

Tesla invented a medium for wireless transportation of electricity (i.e. the Wardenclyffe Tower, pictured below) by understanding the natural resonant frequency of the Earth.

Unfortunately, the powers that be (in this case Tesla’s financiers JP Morgan and Westinghouse) pulled all funding and he was kept broke and isolated in a hotel room for the rest of his life as there was no way for wireless electricity (or many of his other brilliant inventions) to be monetized



Romantics and conspiracy theorists love Tesla because they believe he found a way to generate and distribute free electric power using the Earth's "natural resonant frequency" as a form of AC generator. He didn't and you can't.

Of course, he was suppressed by the capitalists, just like the guy who made the car engine that would run for 250 miles on a gallon on gas ( or water) and the guy who found the cheap herbal cure for cancer.

Its a nice entertaining piece of writing, but I prefer to believe that the sun goes away at night because the planet has turned , rather than because it had been swallowed by a giant dragon or journeyed into the underworld ( however much more romantically pleasing the latter ideas are).
6
Share
Old 4th October 2018
  #465
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
well.....when he writes things like"

[I]Water cells for example have a resonant frequency of 432Hz at which they form perfectly symmetrical patterns

Huh...water cells? Since when has water had a cellular makeup ?

OR

Tesla invented a medium for wireless transportation of electricity (i.e. the Wardenclyffe Tower, pictured below) by understanding the natural resonant frequency of the Earth.

Unfortunately, the powers that be (in this case Tesla’s financiers JP Morgan and Westinghouse) pulled all funding and he was kept broke and isolated in a hotel room for the rest of his life as there was no way for wireless electricity (or many of his other brilliant inventions) to be monetized



Romantics and conspiracy theorists love Tesla because they believe he found a way to generate and distribute free electric power using the Earth's "natural resonant frequency" as a form of AC generator. He didn't and you can't.

Of course, he was suppressed by the capitalists, just like the guy who made the car engine that would run for 250 miles on a gallon on gas ( or water) and the guy who found the cheap herbal cure for cancer.

Its a nice entertaining piece of writing, but I prefer to believe that the sun goes away at night because the planet has turned , rather than because it had been swallowed by a giant dragon or journeyed into the underworld ( however much more romantically pleasing the latter ideas are).
In his defense he's not a Chemist, but I'm sure you know what he meant. However, I'm not going to say that I 100% agree with everything he mentions there, absolutely not, but what I like about Richard is that he admits his mistakes in some of his theories and doesn't push his audience into believing what is being mentioned, on the contrary, he always advises to use your own judgement and not to take any information presented as absolute truth, which seems more than reasonable. As a whole, it really is an incredible read, with tons of actual solid information that should interest any open, inquisitive mind in my opinion.

PS: I read around 1-2 chapters/week in average, I think it's a good idea to take your time and digest what you read before moving to the next one, cause you find out uncomfortable facts that don't fit to what we define as real, also you can double check some of the informations and so on.

PS2: Don't feel the need to debate what you just read, give it time, use your own common sense asking the usual questions(like "Does this make sense or not?", "Would it work?", "Can it be?", etc), stay open, let it be a personal, continuous read&study type of literature, move to the next chapter, onto the next and so on until you can come up with solid conclusions about what's actually being presented. This goes from my experience, of course.
Old 5th October 2018
  #466
Lives for gear
This is liken to the those complete morons who think the earth is flat. You can throw all the indisputable science known right in their face-and they insist on shoving their heads back up their asses
Attached Thumbnails
Why don't we switch to 432Hz tuning?-morons.jpg  
2
Share
Old 5th October 2018
  #467
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
Why don't we switch to 432Hz tuning?-morons.jpg
AGT contender?

If he could shoot an arrow from that pose, it might make Simon Cowell cry...
1
Share
Old 5th October 2018
  #468
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
AGT contender?

If he could shoot an arrow from that pose, it might make Simon Cowell cry...
Old 5th October 2018
  #469
Lives for gear
 

Oh, no, the trolls assault has started! Come on, guys, try to be nice. Of course this topic is a bit on the verge of unreal and insanity ,but what if some of this myths do have some honest scientific reasoning at core?! And what I like about Richard is that he simply serves you with facts, letting you connect the dots and draw the conclusions. His blog is at least a very fun and interestingly documented voyage to the core of our own identity. At very least it makes you think a lot about what we always considered to be real.
Old 5th October 2018
  #470
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
Oh, no, the trolls assault has started! Come on, guys, try to be nice. Of course this topic is a bit on the verge of unreal and insanity ,but what if some of this myths do have some honest scientific reasoning at core?! And what I like about Richard is that he simply serves you with facts, letting you connect the dots and draw the conclusions. His blog is at least a very fun and interestingly documented voyage to the core of our own identity. At very least it makes you think a lot about what we always considered to be real.
There is ZERO factual evidence to prove 432hz tuning taps into the 'universal frequency' or whatever that nonsense states, just like there is ZERO factual evidence of the earth being flat. These people are morons in every sense of the word. We're not trolling- we're calling these fools out on the bull**** they're peddling- including you. Where is your 'overwhelming evidence? Hell, I could get a fancy website constructed by my friend and pull together a bunch of nonsense and present it as fact, but you have no facts man-just opinions. Do you also watch secureteam10 on youtube to get the latest and greatest UFO info lol? Oh and by the way, you got it wrong dude...this is the real miracle frequency: YouTube No, wait- it's this one! YouTube...Orrr, could this be that magic frequency? YouTube

Does anyone notice how all the music from those links sounds pretty much the same? The only thing that really changes are the 'miracle effects' these mysterious frequencies supposedly have on us. Ridiculous.

Last edited by TRSC; 5th October 2018 at 01:36 PM..
3
Share
Old 5th October 2018
  #471
Lives for gear
 
jmcecil's Avatar
I subscribe to the "Bob's your uncle" mathematical theory. It's so much simpler to understand. No matter how complex the equation, when your done, "Bobs your uncle" is the answer. I sucked at math until I discovered this universal truth. Now I can solve every equation and solve every physics problem there is.
Old 5th October 2018
  #472
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
There is ZERO factual evidence to prove 432hz tuning taps into the 'universal frequency' or whatever that nonsense states, just like there is ZERO factual evidence of the earth being flat. These people are morons in every sense of the word. We're not trolling- we're calling these fools out on the bull**** they're peddling- including you. Where is your 'overwhelming evidence? Hell, I could get a fancy website constructed by my friend and pull together a bunch of nonsense and present it as fact, but you have no facts man-just opinions. Do you also watch secureteam10 on youtube to get the latest and greatest UFO info lol? Oh and by the way, you got it wrong dude...this is the real miracle frequency: YouTube No, wait- it's this one! YouTube LOL!
Did you know that engineers don't learn anything about the curvature of Earth in school? I mean, shouldn't someone that builds a...let's say...a bridge, a road, or train tracks know something about it to correct it? And what about water? How come it always keeps its level?I mean...it goes flat. But yet, around the globe somehow...it takes a round shape? Does this make sense? I'm not going to point you to the photos that NASA made in the 60s where Earth is a perfect sphere, when we know today that is an oblate spheroid, with a bulge around equator. I'm not saying that I know how Earth looks like, I'm not a flat-earther or anything, and I'm not a 432Hz tuning psycho as well, but I know that basic things are not the way we're told. Now, of course most of us, including you are going to deny some facts as mentioned above, it's called cognitive dissonance, because facts that contradict everything we thought we knew are simply too stressful for our mind to comprehend, and we refuse to accept it. So your reaction is normal. This was also my reaction, but you should be pretty open, humble and rational. Believe me, this is the scary part I was referring to. Yes, most likely the world we live in is not the world we think it is. But again, you should do your own research if this topic matters to you on any level. That line with the ignorance being a bliss...oh yes, that's so true. But, since I'm a curious human I chose not to be comfortable. Comfort is for girls and cats, and I'm a man.
Old 5th October 2018
  #473
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
Did you know that engineers don't learn anything about the curvature of Earth in school? I mean, shouldn't someone that builds a...let's say...a bridge, a road, or train tracks know something about it to correct it? And what about water? How come it always keeps its level?I mean...it goes flat. But yet, around the globe somehow...it takes a round shape? Does this make sense? I'm not going to point you to the photos that NASA made in the 60s where Earth is a perfect sphere, when we know today that is an oblate spheroid, with a bulge around equator. I'm not saying that I know how Earth looks like, I'm not a flat-earther or anything, and I'm not a 432Hz tuning psycho as well, but I know that basic things are not the way we're told. Now, of course most of us, including you are going to deny some facts as mentioned above, it's called cognitive dissonance, because facts that contradict everything we thought we knew are simply too stressful for our mind to comprehend, and we refuse to accept it. So your reaction is normal. This was also my reaction, but you should be pretty open, humble and rational. Believe me, this is the scary part I was referring to. Yes, most likely the world we live in is not the world we think it is. But again, you should do your own research if this topic matters to you on any level. That line with the ignorance being a bliss...oh yes, that's so true. But, since I'm a curious human I chose not to be comfortable. Comfort is for girls and cats, and I'm a man.
Engineers ARE taught to use the curvature of the earth and water in the ocean is NOT flat so there are two non facts you have purported among the many that other post-ers have pointed out.
In Douglas Adams' books the answer to the meaning of life is 42. I always thought that was a little too complex so I long decided the answer to ANY question is 7. It's no sillier than any non scientific theory....
BTW : "scientific" means that rigor is applied to theories, not random beliefs espoused as pseudo "facts"
2
Share
Old 5th October 2018
  #474
Lives for gear
 
12ax7's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
Did you know that engineers don't learn anything about the curvature of Earth in school?
Really?

Where did you go to school?

I heard about this before I ever even got to First Grade!

...And the concept was expounded upon before I even got to Third Grade.

If the schools have really degraded to the place where even engineers don't know this, then it should come as no great surprise that all those folks believe the Earth is flat!
.
1
Share
Old 5th October 2018
  #475
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
Engineers ARE taught to use the curvature of the earth
Nope, but nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
...and water in the ocean is NOT flat
Good to know that not all waters are created equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Really?

Where did you go to school?

I heard about this before I ever even got to First Grade!

...And the concept was expounded upon before I even got to Third Grade.

If the schools have really degraded to the place where even engineers don't know this, then it should come as no great surprise that all those folks believe the Earth is flat!
.
I'm sure that engineers have heard about the Earth's curvature, but briges/roads/rail tracks are not designed and built considering this aspect. They say (or better said think) it's negligible. If you don't believe me ask them what's the drop on every straight line within a mile. If it's something they apply I'm sure they know the answer. So, come back and report please.

PS: I'm not going to turn this topic into something else, with me defending flat-earthers or something similar. I'm not interested in defending anyone, I'm an artist, not a lawyer.
Old 5th October 2018
  #476
Lives for gear
 
12ax7's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
I'm sure that engineers have heard about the Earth's curvature, but briges/roads/rail tracks are not designed and built considering this aspect.
...So WHAT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
I'm not going to turn this topic into something else [...]
Maybe not...

...But it's NOT as if you have not tried.

If you really want to get back on topic here, perhaps you could explain why the "magic numbers" crowd doesn't attack the convention established for the duration of the "second" (instead of the "cycles per" element).

Can you shed any light on that?
.
Old 5th October 2018
  #477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
[...] Hell, I could get a fancy website constructed by my friend and pull together a bunch of nonsense and present it as fact, but you have no facts man-just opinions. [...]
Got ya covered...




... a [not very] 'stealth' website promoing an album from my old partnership with a fellow live looper (the album is from 1993). The posts were generated by Seb Pearce’s Electron Reionizer. (That uses a bitly link because the actual link contains the full, spelled out word for 'BS" and, of course, this forum software xxx's that out for reasons of moral propriety; if you don't trust bitly links [not unreasonable], you can find the New Age [BS] Generator on Pearce's projects page: Seb Pearce)
Old 5th October 2018
  #478
Lives for gear
 
norfolk martin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
on.

PS2: Don't feel the need to debate what you just read, give it time, use your own common sense asking the usual questions(like "Does this make sense or not?", "Would it work?", "Can it be?", etc), stay open, let it be a personal, continuous read&study type of literature, move to the next chapter, onto the next and so on until you can come up with solid conclusions about what's actually being presented. This goes from my experience, of course.
I mean nothing personal by this, just a discussion, and everyone has to find their own way, but my own view is that civilization is teetering on the brink of regression because people have become too uncritically open to ideas they find personally attractive but have no empirical basis.

I honestly do think that this idea that everyone may properly choose to believe their own alternative facts and reality is tearing society apart. Invariably, in the absence of empirical guidelines, an individual will chose the "facts" that make the individual feel superior, validate the individual's choices, and declare that the individual is fine just as they are, and has no vices.

If this form of fantasy was no different from reading a fantasy novel, or imagining one's self on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise. it would be, at least, harmless, and probably beneficial. But when people start to order their lives based on it, I think it is counter-productive.

That was Tesla's problem. He pioneered several vital scientific breakthroughs (long distance power transmission lines using high voltage AC, and the Ac three-phase motor to name a couple). He was, however, at heart, a mystic who essentially believed that if an idea seemed in harmony with his idea of the way the universe worked, then it must work in practice. Hence the failure of Wardencliff - a beautiful and attractive idea that would not work in the world of real physics.

For the last 150 years or so, enlightenment rationalism has succeeded in advancing society as a general proposition. It's when society is tempted back into mysticism that things seem to go horribly wrong, (at the risk of proving Godwin's law, take the mystical theory of a historical master race that underlies national socialist philosophy for example).

I don't think that discounting or ignoring 1000 years of acquired empirical evidence is "openness." To me, it's rather the opposite - being closed to the best version of reality we have, and substituting your own.
9
Share
Old 5th October 2018
  #479
Gear Addict
 
YourBestFriend's Avatar
the universe doesnt play along with our rigid timeframe of seconds and minutes, noon is different each day, there is lots of incalculable changes. and i dont think one tuning is going to follow these changes any more so than the other.
Old 5th October 2018
  #480
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestFriend View Post
the universe doesnt play along with our rigid timeframe of seconds and minutes, noon is different each day, there is lots of incalculable changes. and i dont think one tuning is going to follow these changes any more so than the other.
I've read it observed -- in a musing, philosophical and somewhat metaphorical sense, one supposes -- that the universe is a clock.

And, for sure, our earthly timekeeping, even now that we can measure local/relative time with great precision using atomic processes, is rooted in our (increasingly less) clumsy attempts at predicting the movement of the earth and heavens.
1
Share
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump