The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why don't we switch to 432Hz tuning? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratblue View Post
The goal of 432 is to plant the seeds of divinity rather than discontinuity, karma is the driver of 432. The quantum matrix is electrified with tones and it is time to take tuning to the next level.

We are at a crossroads of fulfillment and bondage, throughout history, humans have been interacting with the intonation via supercharged electrons and harmony has always been full of adventurers whose auras are engulfed in musical flow.

Although you may not realize it, you are unrestricted, have you found your perfect cadence? How should you navigate this archetypal quantum musical cycle? 432!

It is a sign of things to come, the future will be an enlightened awakening of vibration. The harmonizing of melody is now happening worldwide.

We are in the midst of a perennial summoning of curiosity that will be a gateway to the harmonic grid itself because synchronicity is the birth of inseparability, and of us. We exist as ultra-sentient frequencies, musical coherence requires exploration.

Who are we? Where on the great quest will we be reharmonized ourselves? Our conversations with other dreamers have led to an awakening of ultra-zero-point consciousness. Humankind has nothing to lose.

Or something like that.
Do you believe in gematria and a flat earth too?
You might want to cut back on the herb man. Chronic use causes psychosis in some people. Delusion is one of the symptoms...no joke. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Old 30th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
So none of you looked up Lyndon LaRouche, huh?

I guess the saying is true, you can lead a horse to water....
Don't have to look up LaRouche. His pie-eyed disciples lurked in front of all the US post offices in my area in the late 60s and 70s and 80s (the one place they couldn't be kicked out of) selling whatever bizarro conspiracy theory or political initiative he was promoting at the time. That was long before he was finally tried and convicted, in essence, for defrauding people of millions of dollars, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_LaRouche

By the way, the link above was first posted (by Arthur Stone) just 4 posts after your post at # 47 mentioning LaRouche. =)
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Hmmm...
...Ol' Heinrich must be just tuning over in his grave by about now...
He's probably keeping tabs from above, and I'm sure for him it 'hertz' to see all this hullabaloo and rigmarole over all this...
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
You might want to cut back on the herb man. Chronic use causes psychosis in some people. Delusion is one of the symptoms...no joke. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Pretty sure the whole thing was a joke. See the last line of that post.

Alistair
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you smoke a bit more sativa and cut back on the indica you'll see that that was a pretty high quality joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post

Alistair
Yeah "flat earth", at least its recent re-emergence started by Kyrie Irving, is a Trump troll, mocking the "create your own reality" nature of things right now, and the fact that in the face of clear evidence you just restate your initial position and that's that. I love how long he's letting it hang in the air.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Madonna and Kyrie Irving, respectively.

I, personally don't on either...

Quote:
I'm afraid I'm wrecked beyond repair then.

Though oddly, I find chronic users less psychotic than non ones, if anything they generally tend to be way more mellow, chill and easy going. Meth freaks OTOH...
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
Yeah "flat earth", at least its recent re-emergence started by Kyrie Irving, is a Trump troll, mocking the "create your own reality" nature of things right now, and the fact that in the face of clear evidence you just restate your initial position and that's that. I love how long he's letting it hang in the air.
I think you're giving entirely too much credit to Kyrie. Seriously, as uber talented as he is in certain areas, he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, as they say. Just google Kyrie Irving and bed bugs...
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I think you're giving entirely too much credit to Kyrie. Seriously, as uber talented as he is in certain areas, he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, as they say. Just google Kyrie Irving and bed bugs...
You take him at face value on flat earth??

I looked up bed bugs. . . he played fewer minutes one game because bed bugs (or other bugs in his bed) at a Hilton messed with his sleep. Not sure how that discredits the Duke student in any way. The flat earth joke is crystal clear, he and everyone else are toying with it. I think its hillarious.
Old 30th May 2018
Just reading an interesting book on synaesthesia; do they see a colour shift to correspond with arbitrary reference tuning? Any synaesthesists here that could comment?
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

This is what happens when some moderator decides to close a thread.

We (the silly) will NOT be denied!

...Its like a bubble in a carpet (you might be able to move it around, but you can't exactly get rid of it).
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post

Alistair
Maybe, but there are actually people who would type that as being real. Check, oh i dunno...about 100 posts or more on this subject over the years...Some people make a living peddling that shyte.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
If you smoke a bit more sativa and cut back on the indica you'll see that that was a pretty high quality joke.

Have no idea who Kyrie is, but I do know that the Earth has a curvature, and that flat earth believers are delusional. Oh, and gematria is complete bull**** regardless of what Madonna thinks
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
There are natural harmonic resonances, so you could potentially make an argument there. They won’t line up neatly with integers that have a structural mathematical appeal for the reasons oft-cited in this thread, though. They also tend to be more than a little outside of the range you’re going to reproduce with gear aimed at human hearing, at least at a molecular level where they are 100% uniform (carbon monoxide has a resonant frequency around 6.42x10^13 Hz.)

Bull****. All of it.

Define "natural harmonic resonance".

New age idiots at work.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have no idea who Kyrie is, but I do know that the Earth has a curvature, and that flat earth believers are delusional. Oh, and gematria is complete bull**** regardless of what Madonna thinks
Of course!

After Trump was elected an NBA player started indirectly trolling him with flat earth. It took on a life of its own when scientists actually took the time to refute him. And then yeah, all the loonies that actually believe it jumped on board. Its been hillarious. Real time cultural commentary played out right before your eyes.

I've never heard ot gematria, but I looked it up, sounds very 432

Though I do have a half-drank bottle of Kaballa water at my house right now from visiting a friend yesterday.
Old 30th May 2018
Quote:
There have certainly been anecdotal reports of such sensitive individuals over recent decades.

The research, of course, has been limited in the US, but new studies seem to suggest genetic roots and that such 'psychosis' seems to be associated with a genetic proclivity to psychosis and/or schizophrenia. Recent research seems to be pointing toward specific chromosomes as both influencing sensitivity as well as mediating effects in those certain individuals. But, obviously, 'we' are at an early stage in this field of study.

https://www.nature.com/articles/mp2011187
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Nut

432 is a new age myth. The elites invented this religion for the simple minded.
Old 30th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Foot View Post
432 is a new age myth. The elites invented this religion for the simple minded.
Any evidence for that?
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
You take him at face value on flat earth??

I looked up bed bugs. . . he played fewer minutes one game because bed bugs (or other bugs in his bed) at a Hilton messed with his sleep. Not sure how that discredits the Duke student in any way. The flat earth joke is crystal clear, he and everyone else are toying with it. I think its hillarious.
Oh yeah.

It's in the same realm as the mercurial Marvin Barnes, former ABA star for the St Louis Spirits.
Quote:
There is the legendary story about the Spirits getting ready to depart on a flight that left Louisville, Ky., at 8 p.m. and would get into St. Louis at 7:56 p.m. due to a time-zone change. Upon looking at the schedule, Barnes said, “I ain’t getting on no time machine,” and rented a car for the trip.
The bed bug thing - well, I only mention it, because it's in line with other sorts of social media posts that reflect a certain emotional and intellectual immaturity on his part. Not unlike that of Shaq, who incidentally was the first major public figure to have Kyrie's back on the flat earth thing.

Sometimes, stupidity abounds, in the guise of reason and common sense, and we must accept it as such...
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Any evidence for that?
I myself am a 432 degree mason.
Old 30th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Foot View Post
I myself am a 432 degree mason.
That's proof of something :D
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
That's proof of something :D
I'm glad you asked. Unfortunately, I can't reveal any more than that as I signed a non disclosure agreement which prevents me from spilling the beans.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaxxxe View Post
Define "natural harmonic resonance".
Define it yourself. Objects resonate with frequencies relating to their structure, something that shouldn’t be a huge stretch for a musician to understand. Do you think it’s some random coincidence that guitar strings under tension produce a specific pitch when plucked?

The physical laws of the universe govern how all matter behaves, and it’s predictable enough that we can determine resonant frequencies for molecular structures.

Quote:
New age idiots at work.
Ah, the attack of the ignorant. Sure, there are plenty of people who take scientific truths and view it through a lens of self-delusion to come up with nonsense theories like the premise of the thread. It doesn’t make all science nonsense, no matter how far-fetched you may personally find it.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Just reading an interesting book on synaesthesia; do they see a colour shift to correspond with arbitrary reference tuning? Any synaesthesists here that could comment?
I am a synaesthesist. No, because I have no absolute hearing. So there is no colorful pitch shifting. And pitch is not connected to color, chords are connected to color in a way but not defnite, in conjunction with geometric forms, but the clearest connection is between sound and color.

So, f*** the tuning... doesnt matter. But: That could be a complete different story for every single synaesthesist.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

There are a few posting to this thread who (like this judge) obviously don't understand the levity of the situation:
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh yeah.

It's in the same realm as the mercurial Marvin Barnes, former ABA star for the St Louis Spirits.

The bed bug thing - well, I only mention it, because it's in line with other sorts of social media posts that reflect a certain emotional and intellectual immaturity on his part. Not unlike that of Shaq, who incidentally was the first major public figure to have Kyrie's back on the flat earth thing.

Sometimes, stupidity abounds, in the guise of reason and common sense, and we must accept it as such...
Shaq the jokester jumped on the joke! I love that people take it all literally

Suprised its you doing so though. You believe that Shaq the prankster jumped on the Kyrie thing becuase he actually believes in a flat earth and is standing up for his truth?? Come on now. The whole point of "flat earth" is that its so absurd to begin with everyone should see that its a massive clown. The amazingly unexpected fact that this wasn't immediately apparent to everyone is why they've let the joke extend out for so long. I love it.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Shaq the jokester jumped on the joke! I love that people take it all literally

Suprised its you doing so though. You believe that Shaq the prankster jumped on the Kyrie thing becuase he actually believes in a flat earth and is standing up for his truth?? Come on now. The whole point of "flat earth" is that its so absurd to begin with everyone should see that its a massive clown. The amazingly unexpected fact that this wasn't immediately apparent to everyone is why they've let the joke extend out for so long. I love it.
Prankster or not, Shaq is kinda dumb...any small glimpse of NBA Tonight on TNT makes it readily apparent. He makes Barkley seem like a Rhodes scholar.

I seriously wouldn't put it past Kyrie in knowing zilch about science. It's not out of the realm of possibilities. I mean there are literally tens of millions of people who think the earth is 6000 years old, and dinosaurs were kept in Noah's ark.

If you told Kyrie bed bugs give you aids, he'd have to think hard about that one...and probably say, "wow, I didn't know that!"
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Prankster or not, Shaq is kinda dumb...any small glimpse of NBA Tonight on TNT makes it readily apparent. He makes Barkley seem like a Rhodes scholar.

I seriously wouldn't put it past Kyrie in knowing zilch about science. It's not out of the realm of possibilities. I mean there are literally tens of millions of people who think the earth is 6000 years old, and dinosaurs were kept in Noah's ark.

If you told Kyrie bed bugs give you aids, he'd have to think hard about that one...and probably say, "wow, I didn't know that!"
Amazing. You'd rather believe that a known prankster is going on and on about a flat earth because he actually believes it and not because he's a known prankster.

This is another reason why the joke is so great. I hadn't met anyone on this side of the equation yet, the anti-Trumper who doesn't get the joke that's on Trump and instead goes on about how dumb Shaq is.

Flat earth is REAL!! Prove me wrong, and I'll just say it again and again. (not seeing the blatant parallels to the current administration here?)
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Amazing. You'd rather believe that a known prankster is going on and on about a flat earth because he actually believes it and not because he's a known prankster.

This is why the joke is so great.
I think it's entirely possible he initially was sincere in what he said, and the ensuing blowback let him spin it however he wanted to, whether it was to triple/quadrple down on it, or to self deprecatingly be self referential to it in a commercial.

Like I said, he's not exactly the brightest bulb on the porch. He's by no means a Bill Bradley, Kareem or a David West...
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Maybe, but there are actually people who would type that as being real.
Yeah. That is why it is funny. He/she has the style down to a tee!

Alistair
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
[...] Flat earth is REAL!! Prove me wrong, and I'll just say it again and again. [...]
Are you seriously asking me to build a spacecraft (at my own expense), just so I can take you up for a look at our planet (in order to settle some lame-ass argument on GearSlutz)?

...And then (to boot) you predict that this will not be sufficient to convince you?

I MUST admire your stubbornness!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search