The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I made a Christmas Song, post yours if you have one!
Old 9th December 2019
  #61
Lives for gear
 
microwave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Clearly a sentimental fave for them, as they've revisited it a few times... including...



I think I'm seeing the shape of my Christmas playlist coming together... an overture and finale of "Santa Dog" -- with the afore-linked "Things Fall Apart" for sure someplace in between. (Because sometimes you DO have to indulge real human sentiment.)
I always loved that gamelan version!
Old 10th December 2019
  #62
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Clearly a sentimental fave for them, as they've revisited it a few times... including...



I think I'm seeing the shape of my Christmas playlist coming together... an overture and finale of "Santa Dog" -- with the afore-linked "Things Fall Apart" [video | lyrics] for sure someplace in between. (Because sometimes you DO have to indulge real human sentiment.)

That made my day, I had never heard of the Balinese version. Sounds amazing.
When it comes to xmas I just try to survive it till it’s over but these little things really help!
Amazingly the original lyrics still (kind of) scan with the gamelan, I’ll give it a very loud go at the family get together - at the very least it will make sure it won’t last too long

Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus
Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus
Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus
Has no presents
(has no presence)
In the future
A fleeting and a sleeting scene of snowness and of sleeves
(Bing Bing Bing, Bong Bong Bong, snowness and of sleeves)
A fleeting and a greeting scene of effervescent eaves
(Bing Bing Bing, Bong Bong Bong, effervescent eaves
A greeting and a meeting team of elves and frosty words
(Bing Bing Bing, Bong Bong Bong, elves and frosty words)
A greeting and a cheating team and other noxious herbs
(Bing Bing Bing, Bong Bong Bong, other noxious herbs)
A fleeting and a sleeting scene of snowness and of sleeves (Santa! Santa!)
Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus
Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus
Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus
Has no presents
(has no presence)
In the future.
Old 10th December 2019
  #63
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

I tried to update a year-old link in the previous page, but I guess you can't edit a post after a certain point. So here's the updated link.

Since I recorded it straight to a stereo pair of mics, I guess you could say the kids "mixed themselves," which makes it okay for me to say I think it's pretty good.

Old 10th December 2019
  #64
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
Its that time of the year again, and I've had this half written in my head for a number of years now, but my other half insisted that this Christmas I must finish it, and she helped with the lyrics and backing.
Its inspired by the British Christmas hits from the 70/80s, formulaic and a bit corny, but it's all just a bit of fun for Christmas. Have a great month people.

I am going to post one of my own very soon. But I had a listen through the songs in the thread. I am impressed by the standard! Started off at the top of the thread:

I love this song. I have listened through it several times and I dont find it corny at all. I felt that nice Christmas atmosphere, and the production is spot on in my ears. Well done! Will definitely come back to this one. I am having a party next weekend. This will on the playlist. A dark horse to becoming a favourite that night I bet
Old 10th December 2019
  #65
Gear Maniac
 
Progger's Avatar
Well, this seems like maybe the only GS thread appropriate for posting this, so here we go... last year I made an intentionally absurd smooth jazz Christmas album with gratuitous reharmonizations of holiday classics and I incorporated some very overqualified musician friends of mine in New York, LA, and London. I only have videos for a handful of them so far but here's one featuring the wonderful Chris Ott, of the Huntertones, on trombone.



Hope this doesn't offend anyone. I promise it's all in good fun.
Old 10th December 2019
  #66
Here for the gear
 

This one has been around for some years. Finally I managed to find the energy and will to finish it. Hope someone will like it

Old 10th December 2019
  #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Roger View Post
I am going to post one of my own very soon. But I had a listen through the songs in the thread. I am impressed by the standard! Started off at the top of the thread:

I love this song. I have listened through it several times and I dont find it corny at all. I felt that nice Christmas atmosphere, and the production is spot on in my ears. Well done! Will definitely come back to this one. I am having a party next weekend. This will on the playlist. A dark horse to becoming a favourite that night I bet
Cheers Means a lot, Have a good party and well done on the first post!
Old 10th December 2019
  #68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Roger View Post
This one has been around for some years. Finally I managed to find the energy and will to finish it. Hope someone will like it

Great job, really enjoyed it, had the feeling from when you would hear this sort of thing in the charts.
Old 10th December 2019
  #69
Old 3 weeks ago
  #70
Happy Christmas Everyone!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #71
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

There's no such thing as too merry and festive.

I made a Christmas Song, post yours if you have one!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
There's no such thing as too merry and festive.

I made a Christmas Song, post yours if you have one!
An all-time classic!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump