The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I feel like I will never reach Max Martin's level
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Great discussion with some great points.

Something I have not seen mentioned is that Max never gave up believing in himself and his work. The backing track that somehow ended up with Britney singing on it "Baby One More Time" was doing the rounds for quite some time in various disguises before becoming a smash hit. How many of us would have simply given up on it?

Id bet we all have a gem on our drives, but simply have no idea how to get it to that next level. Not giving up helps, but then when you have heard the same track a million times its impossible to like it anymore eh?

I only wish I could listen to my own advice!
Old 29th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
Great discussion with some great points.

Something I have not seen mentioned is that Max never gave up believing in himself and his work. The backing track that somehow ended up with Britney singing on it "Baby One More Time" was doing the rounds for quite some time in various disguises before becoming a smash hit. How many of us would have simply given up on it?

Id bet we all have a gem on our drives, but simply have no idea how to get it to that next level. Not giving up helps, but then when you have heard the same track a million times its impossible to like it anymore eh?

I only wish I could listen to my own advice!
'not giving up' is exactly why he won in the end, you truly have to believe in what you are doing or it'll fail.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search