The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

In many aspects, LYRA-8 is a double version of LYRA-4. This applies to the voices (LYRA-4 has four, while LYRA-8 has eight of them), as well as to the delay – LYRA-8 has two delay lines, instead of one. In addition to doubled polyphony, LYRA-8 has a lot more FM modulation and synthesis algorithms available, as each voice in LYRA serves as an FM operator and LYRA-8 has more of them. Doubled delay with an unusual structure, cross feedback and mutual modulation creates the unique sound of LYRA-8. Delay is basically the main difference. While LYRA-4 has a more traditional sound, LYRA-8’s sound has more of an alien origin As for the voices, everything that can be achieved on LYRA-4 can also be achieved on LYRA-8. You will only need to use one group of 4 voices. Also LYRA-8 in compare with LYRA-4 has additional External Audio and Hold Gate INs. LYRA has CV inputs for voice pitch modulation and for controlling delay time. There is also a dynamic GATE IN for triggering HOLD which controls the VCA. ATTENTION! CV does not let you control the standard note pitch which would be needed to get a traditional musical pitch with a connected CV keyboard. This input functions as a modulation input.

Discussions

January 2018 New Gear Thread

...DPX-1 Roland S-760 Korg WaveStation A/D Korg M1R Crumar Bit01 Nord Rack 1 Alesis airFX.. :lol: Boss FRV-1 reverb Sexy Deckard's Dream PCBs LYRA-8 Dave Smith Prophet '08 PE Zoom 1204 Yamaha REV-500 Lexicon MX400 TC Electronic(s) M300

View Post

PULSAR-23 Organismic Drum Machine

This company is killing it. The Lyra-8 is badass and I love mine. Preordered!

View Post

suitcase rig

...more toys. My mixer is a Boss BX-16 (yes, there is some noise), my instruments vary from Yamaha Reface CS, SOMA Lyra-8 and Ether, Folktek Elysian Drum Scape and Resonant Garden, Nintendo DS with Electroplankton, LOM Elektrosluch and Phonicbloom Glo to buddha boxes, a Trump sequencer (by CyclicEyeclix) and an electronic tea light (yes, that...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?