The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This is more about the psychological and psychoacoustic effects of dense waveforms than the technical aspects. I've noticed that...

Arande2
replies: 6 views: 968
spambot_2 15th July 2014

******MEET US AT KMR AUDIO BOOTH Hall 5.1 stand E78.******* We showed the proto on AES, we showed the first model on...

Marogru
replies: 16 views: 4,267
Marogru 15th July 2014

So these drum overhead mics in this picture look similar to the Cascade GOEMZ.. but the cascade mic doesn't have such a tall face...

jondraper
replies: 2 views: 768
smyrf 15th July 2014

Can someone tell me what brand and model these overhead mics are? This is a screenshot from Ed Cash's studio in...

schuerman
replies: 6 views: 931
jpgerard 15th July 2014

I am in love with my Kenetek, but I would love to try a WA76 due to the price difference. I think for most purposes its good to...

nyandres
replies: 4 views: 701
BasHermus 15th July 2014

Hello Slutz! My wife has liquidated some holdings and is gifting me around 1500 to spend on gear! I record my own songs and...

concreteblue
replies: 1 views: 787
natpub 15th July 2014

What is the most effective way to track with my outboard mic pres into my daw, while also getting multiple headphone mixes...

fishernolan
replies: 3 views: 871
fishernolan 15th July 2014

Hi Guys, this is a little short notice but I'm looking for a writing/mix room that I can lockout for a month or less (starting in...

Nightschool
replies: 3 views: 510
rollmottle 15th July 2014

Hey Folks. Anyone have a fix for my issue? I could easily get my RE-201 to feedback into oscillation, and then suddenly... no...

Jewronski
replies: 7 views: 1,269
Jewronski 15th July 2014

What is the polar pattern of electret microphones? I there any type of electret mic that distorts less? I have a field...

dadodetres
replies: 4 views: 713
KRStudio 15th July 2014

Was thinking about getting the Blue Robbie Preamp from some stuff I read. However, I already own an Apogee Duet-question for...

Krush411
replies: 12 views: 6,890
Mahkey 15th July 2014

Does anyone know if there are any online resources to find the production year of a Fender Rhodes by serial number? I know you...

marcnyc
replies: 4 views: 24,686
mindseye 15th July 2014

We hear plenty about the bass-light aspect of ATCs (it's there but clean with low distortion etc) compared to other...

Cinemascope
replies: 4 views: 795
carival 15th July 2014

I have about a $25,000 budget for my home studio and I need some advice. I am probably going with a full PT HD system, which will...

HardToLose
replies: 18 views: 1,835
79_Limited 15th July 2014

Where is a good place (besides ebay) to find more Gain Brain II and Kepex II modules.

Bang then Alter
replies: 8 views: 2,722
Herc 15th July 2014

I am about to take the plunge in updating my home studio. I do absolutely nothing with it other than waste money. I have no...

Deleted 86c3d96
replies: 3 views: 992
Deleted 86c3d96 15th July 2014

Anyone know any insulation suppliers in Los Angeles that sell owens corning? Thanks, J.

Amplove
replies: 33 views: 14,446
HermanV 14th July 2014

Genelec, the world’s pioneer in active monitoring, is now shipping the 8010 Active Monitor, the smallest member of the...

The Press Desk
replies: 0 views: 1,760
The Press Desk 14th July 2014

Hey everyone! I'm thinking of getting a second Solo 610 for stereo recording, but since i've had mine for a few years now, is...

Johnnycarson
replies: 2 views: 792
kafka 14th July 2014

Hi guys, So I've dreamed up this really cool idea for a new product/system, probably just me dreaming...but let's say I one...

SDB_12
replies: 28 views: 1,335
kafka 14th July 2014

Hello brothers & sisters! I'm thinking of buying a Tascam 388. Checked it out pretty thoroughly, overall not bad. All...

7up partridge
replies: 0 views: 919
7up partridge 14th July 2014

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a solution for recording realistic ambiences / noises to use it in my music. i'me aware of...

krokodile
replies: 5 views: 1,068
krokodile 14th July 2014

I'm looking for a bag that I can fly with that fits a Laptop (15' MBP), Push and an Elektron box. Hopefully it'll be a little...

psykx
replies: 0 views: 445
psykx 14th July 2014

So, I bought a 1073MP preamp from BAE about 2 years ago. It's always been in a rack, safely put in my studio. But today as I...

Johnnycarson
replies: 8 views: 1,095
Johnnycarson 14th July 2014

I am currently using an 2009 MacPro. I just upgrade to Pro Tools 11 from 10. My interface is a 003 and Apogee Symphony I/O. I...

oldsoulsound
replies: 3 views: 778
AllBread 14th July 2014

So I haven't been able to hear genelecs first hand, but I see a lot of people here say that they aren't balanced or have too...

AstralPStudios
replies: 51 views: 15,292
11bit 14th July 2014

Hi, Being a mere voice actor and musician, I need your help choosing a few pieces of gear. I have a Sound Devices 702...

gig
replies: 0 views: 617
gig 14th July 2014

Any suggestions/recommendations for a custom woodworker who can work with "outside the box" designs for studio...

Time Tech
replies: 29 views: 758
jammesriffesq 14th July 2014

I ´ve always thought that they have good preamps and always love their eq´s (and their knobs too) so why don´t we use them for...

llarena
replies: 33 views: 23,611
edva 14th July 2014

I've got a couple of Sennheiser 441 mics. One is a 441-U and one is a 441-2. I bought them from someone in Europe (Belgium, I...

digloo
replies: 5 views: 1,048
digloo 14th July 2014

Hi all, I recently recorded a project to tape, which was quite the experience. However, I noticed there are some strange...

Toakley
replies: 4 views: 999
Rob Coates 14th July 2014

Hello! Howdy you all? It's my debut here! I'm trying to figure out if I can get some sonical progress of passive analog...

Valeto
replies: 3 views: 1,311
Matt Syson 14th July 2014

So I was watching this Bernhoft video with my friend and I noticed that his tapping on the mic actually gave a very full punch...

DoctorGooch
replies: 3 views: 994
SJMC 14th July 2014

Strongly leaning toward getting a Fatso to smooth/soften digital and for treating brittle/thin sounding mixes. I've read so many...

Rob Coates
replies: 21 views: 1,746
Rob Coates 14th July 2014

Hey everyone, I am looking to see if anyone has any knowledge or first hand experience using the PM 1800 series consoles and the...

ToneAlive
replies: 4 views: 2,848
Jazzcrisis 14th July 2014

I was listening to Diana Krall for the first time, and was amazed with how her vocals were captured. Specifically, I was...

Alrod
replies: 26 views: 2,547
Alrod 14th July 2014

What do you regard as excellently recorded and mixed contemporary indie rock?

mtlin
replies: 47 views: 5,916
Ol' Betsey 14th July 2014

For the past month I have been drooling over the capabilities of and saving up for the Elektron Octatrack. I make mostly...

paxton
replies: 8 views: 1,734
mij 14th July 2014

Hi, I think the piano stabs at the beginning of the song sounds great. the song is the well known : John Newman - Love...

JSilver
replies: 1 views: 708
sigmatibet 14th July 2014

Thinking about building a booth (home studio) and buying a microphone and record my vocals at my place. I'm currently using a...

Big Thier
replies: 2 views: 1,523
Mr Funk 14th July 2014

Hi, I'm currently using a 16ch D&R series 900 as main mixing console. To expand the nr of channels I have I added a 10ch...

ClaMo
replies: 1 views: 1,150
ClaMo 14th July 2014

In an ongoing thread over in the guitar forum about miking acoustics at the 12th fret, I somehow steered things enough off topic...

Brent Hahn
replies: 35 views: 2,790
Dr. Mordo 14th July 2014

Forte is awesome, works great! There we will just stay there, haha. Any questions just ask.

cj7
replies: 2 views: 955
sp1200 14th July 2014

Ok let me get this out of the way I love the akai m8 reel to reel units and think it's a real shame when they get torn apart. I...

Providence
replies: 2 views: 953
Providence 14th July 2014

I'm going into the studio with my band for the first time. We are considering either booking a whole day (ten hours) or two four...

mtlin
replies: 7 views: 1,304
decocco 14th July 2014

Goddamn I've become a gearslut. Recording is my access to music, 'cause I can't play. I've got a technical side that makes me...

davidnoise
replies: 5 views: 1,803
matt thomas 13th July 2014

This thing looks like the answer to my dreams. Does anyone have one in their racks? Any workingman opinions?

che_guitarra
replies: 2 views: 918
che_guitarra 13th July 2014

Who's using them, which ones, and how do you like them? Avantone Mix Cubes Avantone Audio MixCubes |...

GearAndGuitars
replies: 18 views: 2,143
Trademark Studio 13th July 2014

Just want to know all of your thoughts on 500 series and headroom. What exactly do you mean by headroom? I have an Elysia...

Trademark Studio
replies: 9 views: 1,516
cakewalk 13th July 2014

Got a bit of an issue with a very ringy snare I've been sent in some drum stems, it seems to be ringing at exactly 200hz which is...

SJMC
replies: 14 views: 1,234
ohgee 13th July 2014

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search