The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,035
Views: 2,035
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This seems to be a fairly new thing... does anybody have any experience of good ones? I'm interested in getting hold of some...

Rightclick
replies: 6 views: 2,728
Gusss 2nd November 2015

Hi, I have a U87 and a recently-purchased KM84, my first SDC, and I need to record rhythm acoustic parts that are...

proxy
replies: 41 views: 1,758
binarymilton 2nd November 2015

I took delivery of Max Kircher's ioaudio TLM67 to U67 mod on Friday and am pretty blown away. This thing sounds fantastic. It...

Me_Likey
replies: 31 views: 4,229
ioaudio 2nd November 2015

KHz vs kHz

Didn't we write KHz for kilohertz back in the old days, <1985? And now most people write kHz because apparently capital...

Metrik
replies: 81 views: 3,685
Metrik 2nd November 2015

Hello, I was recently forced to sell the MOTU 8pre I have used for years as I was in a real financial pickle. The MOTU was...

E.Shostokavitch
replies: 6 views: 676
E.Shostokavitch 2nd November 2015

I've got a manual for my TAC Matchless. Unfortunately, it looks like pages 24 and 30 have gone missing over the years. Does...

subatomicpieces
replies: 7 views: 2,019
Lars Vegas 2nd November 2015

Hey guys. I'm new to the reel to reel world, and I just bought a Sears tape machine which seems to have a playback issue. I took...

Esemjayes
replies: 1 views: 365
tame1 2nd November 2015

Hi, This forum was recommended to me to get some advice on some speakers I found at an estate sale the other day. Ive been...

RoyBeauch
replies: 0 views: 3,044
RoyBeauch 2nd November 2015

Curious about this. Seems like it would be a great fit. Anyone?

shelterr
replies: 24 views: 2,613
Will Broduer 2nd November 2015

My voice has so many low frequencies, so far no dynamic or condenser mic captured it right. The closest I got to recording...

mrdelurk
replies: 8 views: 1,768
mrdelurk 2nd November 2015

I see that about 20% of studios mention their guitars in their spec sheets. I'd like to spend 1-2 days in a studio with good...

jster
replies: 32 views: 1,265
Me_Likey 2nd November 2015

I'm a fussy home recordist. No pro, but really particular about the sound I get. I recently acquired my first ribbon mic, the...

Hozay
replies: 5 views: 760
Hozay 2nd November 2015

Hey guys, I know there are a few older posts about this already but figured its time to start a new one for 2015/16. Would love...

digorysmallz
replies: 0 views: 378
digorysmallz 1st November 2015

Don't purchase anything from there if you want good customer service.... I've sent two emails already and haven't heard back from...

Blain
replies: 17 views: 1,515
Ryan West 1st November 2015

Hey I need a bit of advice with some vintage mics. Found these mics: Lomo MKE-100 (4pcs), Oktava MKE-2 (3pcs), Oktava MKE-15,...

NoBudgetTech
replies: 1 views: 744
uherism 1st November 2015

Was at the AES show today; it seems there are less and less company's there every time I go. No Manley, No Avalon, Cranesong,...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 7 views: 1,028
Bullseye 1st November 2015

Hello The vintage grey M160 can be repaired by Beyerdynamic and replace only the ribbon? It seems they are not that easy to...

KIDBILL
replies: 5 views: 710
edva 1st November 2015

Hi everyone! I just shot an 8 min. video I thought you might like, in which I demo my studio rack with short audio examples: 3...

Woodwindy
replies: 8 views: 1,265
Woodwindy 1st November 2015

Debating between Mics for my voice and wanted some input from those of you who have used them? People tell me my voice is a mix...

stormchaser977
replies: 12 views: 1,403
RyanC 1st November 2015

Too bad it's a "BLA U87 AI" Chinese mic. eBay listing for BLA U87 Ai Can they even do that? I get there's a space...

Me_Likey
replies: 5 views: 2,660
kidvybes 1st November 2015

Deerhunter just released a new album called "Fading Frontier" and just started touring. They visited Pitchfork Music...

Fuzzfilip
replies: 0 views: 755
Fuzzfilip 1st November 2015

Hey...was farting around in my studio during a Halloween party at my house. was at first trying to do something spooky I could...

Ron Vogel
replies: 3 views: 499
flavio 1st November 2015

Hey now all. Big lurker. Not many posts. Has anyone heard or is anyone familiar with what the mod sounds like? I would assume...

tapermark2006
replies: 23 views: 7,997
skybluerental 1st November 2015

Hey guys - my old 24" PC monitor finally gave up the ghost tonight and Im thinking about getting a Wacom Cintiq 24HD tablet,...

BrotherLove
replies: 7 views: 2,634
thehightenor 1st November 2015

I've got 1U left in a rack and I'm wondering what's out there that can do lovely general purpose verb for things like vocal...

justinmj
replies: 12 views: 740
Drumsound 1st November 2015

Im debating on these studio monitors yes 5 inchers because I'm broker than **** and even in debt :lol: eventually ill add a...

androoskie
replies: 8 views: 3,860
Glenn Bucci 1st November 2015

I am looking to purchase a second hand Yamaha DM2000 console. I will most likely need to ship it cross country from either the...

mamero
replies: 5 views: 584
dfchandler 1st November 2015

Has anyone actually chained two Roland JP-08 (or any other) modules yet? I've seen a couple of very basic videos, but they don't...

misterblitz
replies: 1 views: 1,205
telecode 1st November 2015

I have a yorkville m1610-2 powered mixer and a pair of yorkville yx12 speakers. Currently I chain the speakers on channel A of...

e.zer0
replies: 0 views: 404
e.zer0 1st November 2015

Tree Audio Roots Tube Console and new Trunk Tube Monitor at AES Convention 2015 now this looks nice, seen it on an online shop...

Hokut
replies: 0 views: 1,975
Hokut 1st November 2015

Hey Which ($100+) studio monitor stands do you recommend? Getting my first pair and want something where you can adjust the...

_VenoM
replies: 9 views: 982
ddageek 31st October 2015

Question for the group: I've just purchased a MOTU 1248 and 24Ai. I'm mainly recording synths and drum machines, doing electronic...

Dylan J
replies: 2 views: 525
goldi 31st October 2015

Hi, I have a CAD VX2 which I think needs a new tube (I suspect the 12AX7 rather than the 12AU7)* and was wondering if anyone had...

nobo
replies: 19 views: 8,050
alexmaster 31st October 2015

Im needing an amp/speaker/combi for reamping. I dont need power but tone shaping is a must. I will sometimes use vst amps and...

E.Shostokavitch
replies: 4 views: 324
E.Shostokavitch 31st October 2015

Was just perusing eBay. Is it just me or are c414's really cheap right now? I'm seeing used and new from $500-$900, most...

Patrick Norton
replies: 41 views: 3,539
EDIGREG 31st October 2015

Hey guys! My signal flow: TLM 67 > Portico II Channel > Profire 610 > MBP. A few days ago I was in the middle of a...

DonPerignon
replies: 3 views: 722
statixx 31st October 2015

Hi Slutz, does anyone know how the MD-2 multiband dynamics software for the M5000 sounds? Is it rather a (difficult to edit)...

TheSweetener
replies: 6 views: 5,104
Joe_caithness 31st October 2015

Anybody know anything about this model or the company? Is this ribbon mic comparable to say the Golden Age ribbons ? They are...

Lorenzop
replies: 26 views: 10,617
jpgerard 31st October 2015

Finnish high-end loudspeaker manufacturer Amphion is premiering their new BaseOne25 Low Frequency Extension System for the...

The Press Desk
replies: 5 views: 3,070
JonnBoy 31st October 2015

Hello, after doing my research I decided to buy Yamaha HS8 for my new home studio. But I started wondering if they are just too...

dramis
replies: 3 views: 1,357
Slug1 31st October 2015

Hi all, quick question, if I'm using an 1176 with all buttons out while recording, can I use the input/output knobs strictly for...

csweet08
replies: 6 views: 766
csweet08 31st October 2015

Found a gently used AMEK Big 44 in Austin, am moving it to my studio in Northern New Mexico tomorrow morning. I'm gonna have to...

spyderman
replies: 10 views: 2,335
Tobotius 31st October 2015

Greetings fellow producers, I’m currently working on a project with studio portability and producing on the move. Initial...

ColinD
replies: 0 views: 420
ColinD 30th October 2015

What mic is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJlK3j6VaH4

Iamfred
replies: 2 views: 404
SeductiveNeptune 30th October 2015

Good evening. I am considering buying a unit which has a non-original power supply. (It’s a Moog MP 201 pedal, by the way)....

Little Gorilla
replies: 5 views: 462
hyper.real 30th October 2015

Hi guys, Been searching for awhile here about any info regarding how the guitars were recorded for this album, they sound...

KamandaSD
replies: 14 views: 1,335
KamandaSD 30th October 2015

Hi I'm looking for a midi controller, what are your suggestions. Essential to me: - 76+ keys - fully weighted - usb midi...

replies: 6 views: 667
goodkeys 30th October 2015

Hi everybody i bought an spl charisma 2 but i have a problem: when I send an audio signal to charisma with drive set to...

Acciaio
replies: 6 views: 1,119
Flammen 30th October 2015

Anyone got the lowdown for on anything used for the twin shadow stuff? Amps, mics, pres, comps, instrument models? MBrauer,...

uncle muscles
replies: 6 views: 4,250
maaxxtn 30th October 2015

When using paralell chains for compression, saturation or 100%wer effects like delay/reverb, ITB, is it best to send the full...

IMRECS
replies: 2 views: 413
brockorama 30th October 2015

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search