The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,146
Views: 2,146
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am wondering what the ultimate chain of gear is to get the best possible sound into Pro Tools HD. Mic, Preamp, Eq,...

2" Tape sucks!
replies: 147 views: 9,061
C.Lambrechts 22nd November 2002

unfortunately - it broke a couple months ago - but, I can't decide if my favorite control is the : a) Pre-Drug button b) the...

Paul Turpin
replies: 9 views: 1,014
Paul Turpin 21st November 2002

I've finally done it!!! After months and months of testing out different gear, I've narrowed it down to this: 1) Line 6...

AgonizingpaiN
replies: 6 views: 1,502
Knox 21st November 2002

hey everybody, i'm a first time poster, long time reader, and i'm curious to know what you all recommend in a lowpass/highpass...

supaheef
replies: 32 views: 4,661
groundcontrol 21st November 2002

popped over to Jules' place to say hi and visit digiworld. Here's some pics at the Library :

C.Lambrechts
replies: 27 views: 3,073
Curve Dominant 21st November 2002

Just got a Beyer Soundstar X1N (tuchel-not XLR) and had to wait until the proper microphone cable was made by Sennheiser. This...

chessparov
replies: 5 views: 2,336
Drumsound 21st November 2002
replies: 4 views: 1,225
Paul Turpin 21st November 2002

We moved the Soundcraft 600 into the studio last night and set it up temporarily on a cheap "Office Depot" $30 table. ...

hollywood_steve
replies: 10 views: 2,471
wurly 20th November 2002

What would you do if you had a board that is: - not used for much more than "filler" mic pres - never used for...

Jax
replies: 12 views: 1,171
atticus 20th November 2002

Maybe my dealer will let me roll in an HD system with a 192 to see for myself. I'm looking for comments from anyone who has used...

Jax
replies: 0 views: 799
Jax 19th November 2002
replies: - views: -
Jotown 19th November 2002

Ya´ll...... How does the Summit TLA-100 compare to the Canesong Trakker?? Most interested in vocal tracking and...

Neve Sucks!
replies: 11 views: 1,880
MIKEHARRIS 19th November 2002

Well not that the RNC suckedtut , but its rated for +4db gear and my stuff runs -10.it would be nice if the rnc had a switch for...

Detuned6
replies: 29 views: 1,886
Drumsound 19th November 2002

G4 500 chip for my Beige G3 300 MBox & laptop as secondary 'editing station' Moved from Apogee to Prism converters A...

Jules
replies: 16 views: 2,753
Curve Dominant 19th November 2002

Where would you place the Urei 546 eq amongst the likes of the Avalon 2055 or the Massive Passive? Or am I in a completely...

Jamz
replies: 4 views: 10,248
CrazyBeast 19th November 2002

I have norrowed my search for my mic pre down to these two and I'm wondering how well they compare against each other?? Any...

tdm71
replies: 2 views: 3,952
NathanEldred 19th November 2002

When I first saw this, I immediately thought of Fletcher's FUNK LOGIC Mastererizer... Apparently 'tis not. Who has used...

sheep dispatch
replies: 16 views: 1,700
e-cue 19th November 2002

1/2" tape? Masterlink? DAT player? Bouncing to disk? I need a good solution. Right now I'm thinking either I'll rent...

largeunit
replies: 30 views: 3,391
Jim Roberts 18th November 2002

Here's a couple of questions : 1. How did you become an engineer ? 2. What do you do to stay up to date ? vote in the...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 19 views: 2,438
Jamie Tate 18th November 2002

I've agreed to do an album project out of my home sudio and was wondering if the v drums might an option to an acoustic kit and...

Bernard
replies: 2 views: 911
groundcontrol 18th November 2002

Horus the sun of Osiris (q.v.), the hawk-god and special protector of the king of gearslutz..... He has finally done it. A...

2" Tape sucks!
replies: 20 views: 2,711
groundcontrol 17th November 2002

Been recording various styles of late, bitch getting the mikes cool. Jazz seems to be room sound, but then the hats...

Cape
replies: 7 views: 1,313
Dave Martin 17th November 2002

Hey slutz.. ..any of my UK based compadres going to Digiworld ? I've heard Elvis is going to be there..

adam_w
replies: 5 views: 922
Jules 16th November 2002

Is the 96K fever for real or is it just my perception of the hype? What I mean is, seems that in certain circles anything less...

Midlandmorgan
replies: 13 views: 1,193
Jack the Bear 16th November 2002

After much thought, I've decided to house my studio in the basement of the new home I'm building. So, I'm starting with 12 foot...

GigaBoy
replies: 11 views: 1,099
GigaBoy 16th November 2002

Does anybody have any experience with the Forssell CS-1 channel strip? http://www.forsselltech.com/CS-1.htm

Neve Sucks!
replies: 9 views: 4,033
EveAnna Manley 16th November 2002

This is the company that makes a bunch of high end analog synths. Evidently, I found by searching around on their website...

Screws
replies: 7 views: 2,050
Jack the Bear 16th November 2002

So, as a companion to the warmth-giving devices thread, I have a similar question - What do you reach for when you want to give a...

CrazyBeast
replies: 32 views: 4,485
chessparov 16th November 2002

I'm very happy with my API 550's as tracking EQs. But I really don't have anything to use on the overall stereo mix (except a...

hollywood_steve
replies: 16 views: 3,225
Mad John 15th November 2002

After spending most of the month of August wiring up a longframe patchbay (complete with XLR connector panel on the rear rails...

hollywood_steve
replies: 4 views: 2,076
jkasko 15th November 2002

well, my trusty no-name (very old) cd player finally bit the dust. I was thinking about replacing it with an Alesis Masterlink so...

nodell
replies: 4 views: 1,198
David R. 15th November 2002

Using very small delays in milliseconds can sometimes give an instrument a bit more presence in a mix mixed in with the original...

BevvyB
replies: 8 views: 1,591
Drumsound 15th November 2002

Does anybody know what compressor they used on the bass on the last couple of Chili Peppers records?

largeunit
replies: 1 views: 2,530
Cannon Fo So 15th November 2002

Not finding anything in the manual . . . . How do you delete a "rendered image"? Why are these things such ****...

Knox
replies: 14 views: 1,753
jon 15th November 2002

Hi to all, I found a used Tac Bullet 10/4/2 small mixer for $500 US. The owner doesn't have a cable that goes from the power...

Rubo
replies: 7 views: 2,029
Rubo 14th November 2002

Paging Mr. Jules...Paging Mr. Jules!!!! Where in England do you purchase your Prism gear? Also how much cheaper is it...

thethrillfactor
replies: 1 views: 1,067
Jules 14th November 2002

This is total gear lust, but I have been wanting a Titanium book ever since they came out. I am seeing more used ones on the...

David R.
replies: 19 views: 1,307
David R. 13th November 2002

While we´re at it..... How does the Summit TPA-200B sound? ......man, all these questions jummpp

Neve Sucks!
replies: 4 views: 3,705
Sofa King 13th November 2002

Ok, here's a question that's been burning in my mind for a while. Consider the Peavey VMP-2.... Most guys won't touch anything...

OzNimbus
replies: 17 views: 2,943
Fibes 12th November 2002

Sam Ash has a 3 for $99 deal on the MCA brand condensor mics. It's just another cheap-o Chinese large diaphragm condensor but at...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 3 views: 924
e-cue 12th November 2002

Seems some people are never happy...I have remixed the same project three times following my interpretation of the client's...

Midlandmorgan
replies: 8 views: 1,072
Midlandmorgan 12th November 2002

It was originally called the MA8, but some changes in the design means we can now fit 9 modules (hence the 8+1). The rack...

Tim Farrant
replies: 3 views: 1,481
Tim Farrant 12th November 2002

and about time too .... mezed

C.Lambrechts
replies: 18 views: 1,471
Jax 12th November 2002

I have a friend who posed a gear question to me for which I do not know the answer, so I've come to gearslutz seeking...

largeunit
replies: 6 views: 1,186
largeunit 11th November 2002

Has anyone tried one of the Line6 studio delay {rack version}??Looks pretty cool..Could be a fun box!

Don
replies: 3 views: 1,029
Don 11th November 2002

Hiya... I have at my disposal some fairly decent mics, but the only actual pair I have that are not dynamics are MXL 603's. I...

tubedude
replies: 1 views: 1,080
Fletcher 11th November 2002

I'm familiar with Allmusic.com, but is there a site that has a comprehensive listing of liner notes? Cross referencing for...

cajonezzz
replies: 0 views: 1,903
cajonezzz 11th November 2002

Ok, I got my Mackie control today, and here's my 1 hour test review. I'm a Sonar guy, and I've been using various incarnations...

OzNimbus
replies: 11 views: 1,373
OzNimbus 10th November 2002

Hello folks. Since I work at a school, I've got access to several really large "rooms" to track drums. The school has a...

Crushed
replies: 3 views: 1,181
bjornson 9th November 2002

Good or bad, bad or good?? Feedback pls...jkthtyrt

2" Tape sucks!
replies: 5 views: 2,010
faeflora 8th November 2002

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search