The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Just heard about this documentary and I bet it'll be great. Covers many great R&B performers with some rare footage. If you...

chessparov
replies: 0 views: 1,208
chessparov 10th May 2003

Ex Assistant William Spong (touching desk) now freelance and in the last year of his sound recording degree at university and my...

Jules
replies: 25 views: 2,622
Dot 10th May 2003

Is this early version the best? How much do used one's sell for? Thanks

Mr Funk
replies: 2 views: 1,782
chessparov 10th May 2003

So, my months-long battle with the question of which EQ to get has come down to this (this hour, anyway:)): a pair of ASC-Ts or a...

Klaseed
replies: 4 views: 1,409
Klaseed 9th May 2003

I currently have a SPX 90 and PCM70. There's a SPX 900 coming available for a reasonable price. I'm wondering how much...

snedley
replies: 1 views: 2,040
thethrillfactor 9th May 2003

just wondering if anybody may be using the above as a system? If so, wondering about how you monitor with the HM6 while...

woods
replies: 1 views: 1,456
sonic dogg 9th May 2003

would you recommend me to setup several rnc 1773's in my studio as standard compressors plus a few high end compressors, like...

stardustmedia
replies: 23 views: 8,333
drundall 9th May 2003

Hi all. Long-time site lurker, but this is my first post. My question is this: I'm attempting to record a guitarist using Mesa's...

OvrMyHd
replies: 17 views: 3,243
littledog 9th May 2003

My band and I are going to attempt scoring some music for a hour long "behind the scenes" Bicycle race film. I will be...

Saucyjack
replies: 0 views: 906
Saucyjack 9th May 2003

anyone like the sound of this mac rumor??? http://www.macbidouille.com/news-2003-05-05.php#5440 Announcement in June per...

gio.g
replies: 1 views: 1,025
BattleAngel 8th May 2003

check this out! ml

muddy
replies: 7 views: 1,764
Jules 8th May 2003

Ok, I am finally mixing my first project for pay. It has already been a huge learning experience but I am still having some major...

imacgreg
replies: 2 views: 1,354
stealthbalance 8th May 2003

I'm having a house built with a studio space built in. Adjacent to the studio space is a closet that I want to make into a vocal...

altoidboy
replies: 3 views: 1,452
fishtop_records 8th May 2003

Well Ive listened to all your advice and spent all my money on mics, but for the life of me I still cant get a good kik sound. ...

adamcal
replies: 34 views: 2,501
adamcal 8th May 2003

Help me out, y'all... I want to try and understand btw/ level differences. I understand that condensor mics need phantom...

JoHoozaFats...
replies: 3 views: 3,281
Last Legend 8th May 2003

£240 a pair new - hit or miss? Or should I get another Rode NT2 to go with the one I got already? Not sure I can afford a...

crispy
replies: 3 views: 5,367
StuartMac 8th May 2003

Now I know many will go straight for Neve, but in your honest opinion if you needed channels to cope with x-y acoustics, drum...

Cape
replies: 22 views: 2,642
7rojo7 7th May 2003

Hi friends Just now Brazilian plants are asking for ISRC codes to be written to the Cd masters we send them. I have TOAST...

Alécio Costa
replies: 20 views: 4,416
Alécio Costa 7th May 2003

Who would have though eh? Congratulations, thanks for making this place exist and puting up with all of us. 3 cheers for...

BevvyB
replies: 3 views: 929
Jules 7th May 2003

Somehow (Gearslutz anthem to the tune of 'Somewhere' from West Side Story') There's a place for it, Somewhere to rackmount...

BevvyB
replies: 5 views: 1,694
BevvyB 7th May 2003

One of these objects is not connected with music at all. Can you tell which one it is and also name the other stuff.

BevvyB
replies: 23 views: 1,278
BevvyB 7th May 2003

Just two "howdy-do-dat?" questions relating to Ministry: On the Psalm69 album, what was the vox chain for NWO, Just...

dingo
replies: 1 views: 1,401
Steve Smith 7th May 2003

Just got the hedd and am going to be using it for AD/DA and as a digital insert on my protools master fader. My question is: How...

Oliver Hart
replies: 10 views: 1,101
jho 7th May 2003

Controls Dp and Logic

BevvyB
replies: 0 views: 2,221
BevvyB 6th May 2003

Hey gang, I am currently in love with this album's sound (esp. the song "Neon"), the drums sound gorgeous and the...

RaGe
replies: 24 views: 7,277
stealthbalance 6th May 2003

Digidesign first extended a hardware sales promo and now is offering a plug in promo on top of that, until June 30th. Just...

renshen
replies: 1 views: 687

I´m looking for a compressor that really colors the sound and pumps in a good way. Will be using it on drum bus and...

Neve Sucks!
replies: 15 views: 3,370
thethrillfactor 6th May 2003

No, I'm not looking for a job! Err...not yet anyway. Having been a former student (& later out of desperation, staff...

crispy
replies: 1 views: 1,541
BevvyB 6th May 2003

hello there, I found these Akai CM 15 tubemics in 'as new' condition for not too much money arround $ 500,-. It's a card. small...

Robert King
replies: 0 views: 1,772
Robert King 6th May 2003

Big thumbs up! Just got it yesterday, haven't used them in a mix yet, but my initial impressions are very good. Of course...

duende
replies: 1 views: 1,298

Hi all, I've just purchased a HD3 system and I have been looking at controller options. Pro Control is out for now so I...

Ruairi
replies: 10 views: 1,728

I've been thinking of getting a portable MD recorder to do some field recordings and maybe some down and dirty live...

Saucyjack
replies: 11 views: 1,454
Ted Nightshade 6th May 2003

I know this isn't audio related, but its a good cause. I will be participating in the upcoming Tour de Cure which benefits the...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 0 views: 1,153
Marshall Simmons 6th May 2003

Hence the issue. I like my DA7, but my system being all digital seems to give me a severe case of Digititus. Given the fact...

Unknown soldier
replies: 19 views: 1,581
stuntmixer 5th May 2003

Hi all, With the $20,000 studio thread having quite a bit of activity I thought it'd be an opportune time to post my $50,000...

Vanetzi
replies: 23 views: 2,912
Jax 5th May 2003

FYI..... Clear Channel plans to introduce a venture that will sell live recordings on compact disc within five minutes of...

renshen
replies: 1 views: 1,204
Remoteness 5th May 2003

Primarily for mixing....

ajcamlet
replies: 0 views: 2,358
ajcamlet 5th May 2003

A portable strobe tuner for 250 UK pounds could THIS be the answer I've been looking...

BevvyB
replies: 5 views: 1,811
BevvyB 5th May 2003

Is £130 (inc VAT and Postage) a good price to pay for a pair of these mics? What do you mean you've never heard of them? ...

Mark
replies: 0 views: 639
Mark 5th May 2003

So, do you guys keep any type of instruments around the studio for your clients? If so, what? Do you rent them or are they...

atticus
replies: 37 views: 2,944
Dave Martin 5th May 2003

Does anyone know anywhere that has some good stuff in stock that i could probably pick up sometime next week? I need to wire up...

XHipHop
replies: 6 views: 1,090
Jay Kahrs 5th May 2003

Did anyone here help in the preparation and/or evaluation of this new CD? The CD is a comparison of many digital and analog...

rnt_u_listnng
replies: 7 views: 1,966
Ckevperry 5th May 2003

Do you leave the studio on all night? or always switch everything off? If you are present in the building. My studio is...

Renie
replies: 15 views: 1,460
Renie 4th May 2003

Instead of hanging out in the canteen with the other guys, Charlie would sneak downtown and snoop around gramophone shops - could...

BevvyB
replies: 1 views: 884
Renie 4th May 2003

I just put my computer, drives, and expansion chasis in a closet. I have a thermometer that I can read in the control room to...

doug_hti
replies: 3 views: 1,895
fishtop_records 4th May 2003

Make an aac and an mp3 of a piece of music so that both files approximate the same file size. I'm using the new...

BevvyB
replies: 3 views: 1,705
fishtop_records 4th May 2003

I've been thinking quite a bit about compression, mostly because with the current tools that i have, i have not been able to get...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 8 views: 1,413
Marshall Simmons 4th May 2003
replies: 1 views: 1,011
BevvyB 4th May 2003

Anyone had the chance to listen to their newest monitors? I am sure they will give Mackie & Genlec a run for their...

cjogo
replies: 0 views: 1,792
cjogo 4th May 2003

hello, I'm transfering some old master cassette recording for archival of a band. Thier 1st gig ever is on a Maxell XL-IIS and...

cleantone
replies: 0 views: 1,395
cleantone 3rd May 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search