The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, I've been thinking about midi-routers/switchers lately. You know the dealeys that let you open or close effects...

DanV
replies: 3 views: 1,656
Albert 13th November 2003

Jules just wondering if you could help solve a problem .The dellima is this ,I am trying to light pipe through 3 RME -ADI...

ROBB007
replies: 5 views: 1,372
David Herbert 13th November 2003

I'm mixing a song that has a stereo Kurzweil string patch that is a seriously defining element in the arrangement- it opens the...

robdarling
replies: 9 views: 1,529
robdarling 13th November 2003

..: Hi folks. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for eliminating the phasiness that often occurs from duplicating...

bnath
replies: 1 views: 1,580
5down1up 13th November 2003

I have a Sennheiser 421 U5 with the infamous low end loss. I have looked around for info and found this from Dwight Stevenson:...

musical5
replies: 1 views: 2,925
Jay Kahrs 13th November 2003

Copied from ecues post in our FS ads. http://www.chalkhillmedia.org/Ampex.htm I doubt they'd be worth it for serious...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 4 views: 1,428
Jay Kahrs 13th November 2003

doing a pretty big studio reorganization. one thing led to another and next thing you know i'm changing the whole room....

pounce
replies: 2 views: 664
pounce 13th November 2003

Was Abbey Road still using 1" 4 Track machines when nearly every other major studio in the civilised world had moved onto 8...

Mark
replies: 24 views: 1,651
seriousfun 13th November 2003

I know that the PTLS 6.2 is out now for awhile, but it seems like "still lotta people using the old PTLS version instead of...

chumusic
replies: 0 views: 858
chumusic 13th November 2003

Yes you heard it right...take a condom and put in a sm57. Then place it in a bucket of water so that the diaphram is about two...

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 15 views: 2,620
Tim L 13th November 2003

OK I am FTP ing files over to another studio to make a tight deadline. I have sent a folder rolling using Fetch from my laptop...

Jules
replies: 60 views: 3,813
gseibert 12th November 2003

Hi, first post from a long time lurker. I´ve been in contact with a person who's got a couple of racked mic pres for sale....

Kalle
replies: 0 views: 1,586
Kalle 11th November 2003

Hi, Don't know if it's the right forum to post it in.... I wonder if it would be better to use Totalmix as far as its ability...

hrn
replies: 31 views: 3,823
edmann 11th November 2003

Has anyone tried this mic?How is on vocals, acoustic gtrs.horns?

Syki
replies: 5 views: 2,060
Syki 11th November 2003

Hi All I'm in need of some help choosing mics for recording a drum kit in the studio. However im on a low budget,and have...

impact studios
replies: 13 views: 4,364
Tim L 11th November 2003

Hi all, There's a little Team/Event-type thang that just started up over at...

20to20
replies: 15 views: 1,788
Jay Kahrs 11th November 2003

Hello All, I want this console, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2569736673&category=23785 even...

makoto
replies: 15 views: 2,033
Bernd G 11th November 2003

Interesting budget piece.....sexy looking though!hidz hittt http://www.presonus.com/html/products/eureka.html

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 0 views: 1,802
PRS1JAZZ 11th November 2003

I want to try tracking vocals in the control room - without headphones. I remember reading something about flipping the phase on...

bassmac
replies: 19 views: 4,097
chessparov 11th November 2003

I'm currently running an Apogee Rosetta 800 alongside 2 Fostex VC8s for 24 Channels In and Out into a RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 on...

RichT
replies: 6 views: 1,597
RichT 10th November 2003

Excuse me if this is a rather obvious question but..... When dealing with a full length project tracked over a longish...

cajonezzz
replies: 2 views: 1,372
Yannick 10th November 2003

who's cutting alot of the high end on their guit tracks? I find the SM57 is pretty brittle in the upper spectrum. ...

Jason Poulin
replies: 11 views: 2,044
bassmac 10th November 2003

I usually use the same bpm throughout tunes. Sometimes I program the entire song on a sequencer with time changes .. speeding up...

TML
replies: 14 views: 1,470
Jules 10th November 2003

I'm going to get some plywood to put on the floor underneath my drums to help with some reverb. I was told that this would help...

ixnys
replies: 4 views: 1,348
OzNimbus 10th November 2003

Just heard it on NPR. And then there were three. Now talk amongst yourselves.

David R.
replies: 28 views: 2,280
7rojo7 10th November 2003

Anyone know anything about this? Seems it must be 10-15 year old technology. Just...

makoto
replies: 8 views: 2,287
flexoffset 9th November 2003

The the new ibooks now have a G4 1 gig on board. Iwas about to throw down for a new 15" but was having serious sticker...

cajonezzz
replies: 17 views: 1,852
Jules 9th November 2003
replies: - views: -
M2E 9th November 2003

this type of thing is a noob perenial favorite. hoping a revisit isn't in too bad a taste. i've also posted about this over at...

pounce
replies: 10 views: 2,550
pounce 9th November 2003

Everyone I know is raving about the TG2 (dual mic/pre). So now Chandler have packaged a mic/pre with an EMI style EQ. Anyone...

chrisso
replies: 20 views: 4,519
ghoost 9th November 2003

Hi, I'm getting my Kurzweil Rumour and was wondering if I could get some AES-SPDIF cables to connect this baby digitally to my...

DirkB
replies: 2 views: 1,528
Rab 8th November 2003

Is this the MTA style EQ rather than the 80b? Are there inserts on the back of this unit?? OT: Why does the DC-2 have...

Beezoboy
replies: 0 views: 2,746
Beezoboy 8th November 2003

Hi friends! I have just read on the web, at a brazilian page that there are only 30 pairs of Avalon monitors, being sold for...

Alécio Costa
replies: 0 views: 1,138
Alécio Costa 8th November 2003

So much of mixing is easier when everything is tracked well. Sometimes the biggest problems in the mix are things like the...

ixnys
replies: 1 views: 1,607
thethrillfactor 8th November 2003

hi there, any of guys have any experience or tips on marketing a recording studio? you know stuff like promotion, pricing,...

silkysmell
replies: 9 views: 5,156
silkysmell 7th November 2003

i felt compelled to write my recent experience with apple. Thursday Oct 30 I decided to upgrade my old G4 to a new G5 dual...

mixer
replies: 46 views: 3,935
Steve Smith 7th November 2003

i can find any of his posts? what happened? and no i didn't put him on my ignore list...strange... bert

filterdude
replies: 59 views: 6,291
Jules 7th November 2003

Hi All Looking for realworld usage pros & cons Thanks in advance Don

dnafe
replies: 2 views: 3,025
Kyle Ashley 7th November 2003

I have a g4 dual 450 with a ton of ram and an extra 30GB hard drive. I think I can sell for $650 without the superdrive (put dvd...

Frost
replies: 5 views: 1,407
DigiDutch 7th November 2003

Searched the forum and didn't find anything, does anyone know of a box that would do ADAT optical in and 4 x SPIDF out? Hoping to...

RinnyTin
replies: 8 views: 1,668
kaipiranha 7th November 2003

Just got this box, but no manual, anyone have luck controlling patches from a Pro Tools session? Working on an 001 at home, so...

RinnyTin
replies: 2 views: 2,262
GearGuy 7th November 2003

Just got a spool of Gepco 5596M since my Belfen 1800F got backordered. I'm liking it so far as assembly goes--and at 11 pF per...

recordista
replies: 0 views: 1,877
recordista 7th November 2003

For the budget minded bus slammers...Or something else preferrably with some kind of side chain input in that price range?

Last Legend
replies: 7 views: 1,982
Jay Kahrs 7th November 2003

Working on a mix here in my DAW, and it starts off with this simple bass solo. Trouble is, there's a LOT of fret noise every time...

altoidboy
replies: 19 views: 2,655
Ross 7th November 2003

When you are mixing a song with let's say 8 guitar doubles, how do you treat all of them without it being such a pain. I mean as...

ixnys
replies: 1 views: 1,466
ToddF 7th November 2003

is it possible to have a hidden track on a CD that does not get included onto the running time? -ray

ray dsr
replies: 15 views: 2,572
ToddF 7th November 2003

The new Buzz recording channel is finally coming together but it has been suggested that we offer a digital output option. I...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1 views: 1,399
7rojo7 6th November 2003

I just had my drum kit professionally tuned so it sounds FANTASTIC. Before I start recording my songs, I want to get some good...

ixnys
replies: 6 views: 4,764
Jason Poulin 6th November 2003

Could anybody provide me with some pointers on how to position instruments in the stereo image. Fairly obvious with a rockband...

pieter
replies: 2 views: 3,631
Bernd G 6th November 2003

I'm a producer that relies heavily on old synths (jupiter, juno, moog, dx7) to make dance records. I want to capture the full...

disco2k3
replies: 9 views: 2,351
disco2k3 6th November 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search