The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, I'm helping a friend who is putting together a project studio in his house and he is concerned with getting good, clean...

zenfreud
replies: 5 views: 2,176
7rojo7 3rd January 2004

I've been using this technique quite a bit and enjoying the results. has anyone come up with any variations they'd like to...

vtone
replies: 4 views: 1,860
Drumsound 3rd January 2004

Some might remember that I mentioned a special Austrian orchestra sample library to come about a half year ago. One that could...

Ruphus
replies: 2 views: 1,789
kevinc 3rd January 2004

Sometimes it's all about the gear, and getting a healthy GSI in your studio. So, what are you guys going do to in 2004 to...

Dot
replies: 43 views: 4,039
Tim L 3rd January 2004

I just got a visa card terminal, cool! Another gadget! Anyone here use one? Cost £15 per month I can now take deposits...

Jules
replies: 21 views: 2,317
Jules 2nd January 2004

Anyone making a stand alone variable mic impedence device? I'd like to find something I can patch between mic and pre.

Tim L
replies: 5 views: 1,510
Coldsnow 2nd January 2004

Regardless of the kind of music one makes, PLZ list all the absolute must-have Pre's that belong in any studio's (home or pro)...

AgonizingpaiN
replies: 20 views: 5,231
faeflora 2nd January 2004

Hi all, A question on drumoverheads: How do you position the mics to create your stereo image? Do you keep the snare in...

DirkB
replies: 9 views: 2,938
Overdrive 2nd January 2004

what happens if you connect a non-phantom powered mic like a Sennheiser 421 to a mixing desk feeding phantom power to it? Will it...

karambos
replies: 3 views: 1,952
Fletcher 2nd January 2004

Front End Audio has become an authorized dealer for CAD microphones. Currently the M179 ($199) variable pattern large diaphragm...

warhead
replies: 0 views: 1,343
warhead 2nd January 2004

Ok, I would like to , for the first time, have my guitars dip slightly when the lead vox is yappin. My outboard comps are 2...

guittarzzan
replies: 10 views: 970
Jules 2nd January 2004

kfhkh Here's wishing us all a great new year! peachh

Jules
replies: 12 views: 1,382
David R. 1st January 2004

does anyone know of some decent websites that walk through this process or define some of the techniques? I have found one but...

vtone
replies: 1 views: 2,723
Bob Olhsson 1st January 2004

I am interested which sounds better. Doing a 24 ch mix on a Yamaha DM-2000 using plugins in Digital performer going lightpipe to...

passionmax
replies: 3 views: 2,814
thethrillfactor 1st January 2004

I've had on old 1981 JCM 800 head for a while and it has been acting up lately. Blowing fuses left and right whenever i use a...

XHipHop
replies: 4 views: 4,464
mikedaul 31st December 2003

i bought one of these little omni mics simply because they are so cheap, but i've yet to find it very useful on any sources i've...

fatty
replies: 10 views: 4,184
Don 31st December 2003

I want to achieve good quality vocals, i'm on a budget and cannot afford real expensive hardware so i'm going to get an...

Jinzter
replies: 10 views: 1,492
chessparov 31st December 2003

I'm in the middle of a marathon editing session tonight. I have that ever-lovely task of removing all the nasty, noisy space...

natpub
replies: 18 views: 1,852
Ruphus 31st December 2003

When doing my preamp shootout last week, I kind of fell for the CraneSong Spider. I woudl like to know what's teh best way to...

pieter
replies: 4 views: 983
box 31st December 2003

Here's the Rumor How much truth is there to this? Is this just another DUC rumor mill? I'm planning on upgrading Monday...

RobMacki
replies: 14 views: 2,738
CV7 31st December 2003

I'm mastering a project someone else mixed and the songs have a lot of dynamic range within and between tunes. Everyones happy...

bjornson
replies: 1 views: 796
thethrillfactor 31st December 2003

Hi there everyone. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone here for much great help. I have a new question and wanted advise. Its...

withintheflux
replies: 4 views: 886
edmann 31st December 2003

Just curious as to how some of you approach building your mixes. Things can get a bit myopic when working by yourself all the...

Medicine Dog
replies: 1 views: 1,823
thethrillfactor 31st December 2003

(edited) DMN: Various aspects of the production workflow are merging these days. Lebolt: I’d add that we are...

Jules
replies: 31 views: 3,653
7rojo7 31st December 2003

Profession, Hobby or addiction? Where do you fit? 1. Do you pay your bills with income from this? 2. Do you make some cash...

makoto
replies: 24 views: 1,917
Jules 31st December 2003

Does anyone use a PLasma screen 30"-42" for a monitor. How does it work. is it clear. I hear the plasma screens only...

passionmax
replies: 10 views: 1,173
Neddy Seagoon 30th December 2003

I'm mixing a Project today, and figured this is a good time to try out the Phoenix plug in on my mixes. I filled out the request...

eskay
replies: 7 views: 966
Chae Ham 30th December 2003

I have the opportunity to purchase two API 312 preamp cards and my intent would be to immediately pass them on to Brent Averill...

hollywood_steve
replies: 9 views: 3,961
JB3 30th December 2003

I got the book ''Through the glass'' by David Massey - interviews with hit maker producers..... Just what I wanted! With Winney...

Jules
replies: 49 views: 4,533
David Herbert 30th December 2003

there's been a lot of talk around here about the ADK ld mics, but i can't seem to find much on the sd's. anyone got any...

fatty
replies: 8 views: 1,398
fatty 30th December 2003

Its only got three pre/eq's right now (on the left), but the channels in the center sum 4-stereo pairs each (each silver knob is...

chrisjin
replies: 29 views: 6,013
tptman 30th December 2003

Hey all, Is anyone using either of these converter cards (apogee ap8ad & ap8da) with their yamaha digital mixer?(02R...

Mono
replies: 4 views: 3,291
Mono 30th December 2003

LOOKING TO GET ONE THESE ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS

drazzon
replies: 13 views: 3,133
chap 29th December 2003

Specifically, the "Q-Matrix". I've been searching for hours for anything on this console and have turned up very little...

JKL
replies: 4 views: 2,029
JKL 29th December 2003

I'm thinking of upgrading my project studio with some higher quality gear, and doing some consolidation as well, and would like...

musictech
replies: 9 views: 2,996
musictech 29th December 2003

Hi everyone! First time posting. Does anyone have opinions on the Drawmer M500?

jdfoca
replies: 3 views: 12,778
MIKEHARRIS 29th December 2003
replies: 37 views: 9,902
tradershort 29th December 2003

if you could only get one, which would it be?

vtone
replies: 12 views: 3,036
NathanEldred 29th December 2003

What is "Industry Standard" if you had to define it?

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 13 views: 9,277
Rail Jon Rogut 29th December 2003
replies: 11 views: 1,212
Drumsound 29th December 2003

Hi there. I'm new here and feel that I have greatly benefitted from the board. This is my first post. I am setting up my...

withintheflux
replies: 21 views: 1,748
fatty 28th December 2003

Seems I just discovered to what degree room actually effects sound. First of all I can say that I´m lucky with acoustics...

Ruphus
replies: 0 views: 2,042
Ruphus 28th December 2003

I've got a bunch of great gear (in storage right now). A Crane Song Spider which until this winter I used every day, a pendulum...

BattleAngel
replies: 27 views: 1,888
kevinc 28th December 2003

Yorkville YM1p ( = powered ) I think that they are `relatively precise, with present mids, round in the hights and solid bass...

Ruphus
replies: 8 views: 1,246
PatrickWasTaken 28th December 2003

sorry to obsess about gear, but where else but here? Now that the non-audio gifts are out of the way, its time to concentrate...

hollywood_steve
replies: 13 views: 1,368
Mike O 28th December 2003

The Wunder Audio modules do not have any relationship to a 1073 except that they will work in a neve rack or an 80 series console...

Wunderkap
replies: 9 views: 7,209
Dave Martin 28th December 2003

From that last thread, everybody said it was 48 or 44.1. Whose using 88.2? 96? 192??? Speaking of 192 Dan Lavry said it was...

jbuntz
replies: 3 views: 947
doug_hti 28th December 2003

Is there any product out there thats just a set of high quality faders without anything else atached. I`ve got a speck Xtramix...

kevinc
replies: 10 views: 1,980
doug_hti 28th December 2003

I've been looking at an old Gefell M582 for a while and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth buying and fixing up. This...

wurly
replies: 26 views: 14,455
SolipsismX 28th December 2003

Hi, I am having problems with my mixes were there is too much bass energy hoggin the mix. It is a hard problem o fix becuas my...

passionmax
replies: 3 views: 1,258
rmx16 28th December 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search