The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 1,972
Views: 1,972
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Jules- I think i speak for most when I say thanks for setting up Mike as this month's guest moderator. This has been the best...

d audio
replies: 12 views: 1,847
gretchkit 24th June 2004

how big of a problem is latency when mixing and matching different converters out to an analog console? do most converters have...

squizz
replies: 6 views: 1,161
genericperson 24th June 2004

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I found a cool link to a recorded lecture he did. Talks about why he likes...

Hiwatt
replies: 64 views: 10,581
transfiguration 23rd June 2004

Any thoughts/observations particular to mixing for bigger club/disco systems? Peece, T. Tauri

ttauri
replies: 13 views: 1,798
thethrillfactor 23rd June 2004

I'm thinking about getting into some softsynths for my Logic setup and have a question about how to recorde these. The question I...

digiman
replies: 3 views: 638
digiman 23rd June 2004

Hey All, I posted this thread over at TapeOp too, but the more responses I can get the merrier. I think I have the hots for...

Caldo71
replies: 4 views: 2,618
Caldo71 23rd June 2004

Mike, I'm sure you wouldn't remember me, but your 1st clue is Mary Campbell threw me in the fire to 2nd asst. for you...

Sirmixarock
replies: 2 views: 1,633
JSMITH 23rd June 2004

Hi fellas, My band is gonna record an album at a local small studio. Tracking to 2", dumping to Alesis HD24, editing at...

DeadPoet
replies: 1 views: 1,212
ToddF 23rd June 2004

Has anyone auditioned these Small condensor mics for acoustic instruments?

lj Potyk
replies: 11 views: 2,394
Ted Nightshade 23rd June 2004

hi all, i have a question on how to achieve a certain vocal effect i have heard on old funk albums and also in newer hip hop...

electric
replies: 7 views: 2,971
Mike Tholen 23rd June 2004

monitors are next on my upgrade list. im using the fostex pm05 and tannoy active reveal passive at the moment, but im not...

Jaguar
replies: 13 views: 5,089
cdog 23rd June 2004

I've tried elswere with no luck soo... Eva I now own a dvc and was trying to get some thoughts on or find a review of the...

spectacular g
replies: 1 views: 1,165
EveAnna Manley 22nd June 2004

My drum room is bland. It isn't good or bad, it just is. It limits my drum tones and I would like to experiment with adding...

bloodsweatfire
replies: 8 views: 1,958
bloodsweatfire 22nd June 2004

ambient tracks on drums i love it but when you got a bad drummer and need to correct some kicks and snares,how do you fix it in...

ak47
replies: 5 views: 1,521
Dan-O 22nd June 2004

Hi Mike, When mixing ITB do you have a "tried and tested" plugin chain which you would be comfortable loading up...

TLS
replies: 0 views: 4,341
TLS 22nd June 2004

Just wanted to apologize to anyone who may have been offended by the comments I made on this forum... I was acting immature and...

jpaudio
replies: 4 views: 2,307
5down1up 22nd June 2004

I am happy to announce that as of today Apogee has begun shipping the X-HD option card for Pro Tools connectivity....

Max
replies: 1 views: 1,510
thethrillfactor 22nd June 2004

Just wanted to see what people were saying about it. I am looking into grabbing "mandatory" tone qualities now that I...

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 10 views: 6,509
thethrillfactor 22nd June 2004

I want to get a digital camera to record session settings. Track sheets are not compatible with me becuse I'm not good with...

faeflora
replies: 13 views: 1,995
djui5 22nd June 2004

For a live rig I'm looking for a dual micpreamp/DI, preferrably with low cut filter, basal EQ and even some compression, that...

da burf
replies: 0 views: 935
da burf 21st June 2004

my thoughts would be snare or maybe overhead drums.... what do you think?

sadworld
replies: 20 views: 1,855
craigdouglas 21st June 2004

SO... whats peoples thoughts on this. For rock and jazz would help. Thanks!kfhkh

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 54 views: 7,812
craigdouglas 21st June 2004

I'm slowly moving from an "in-the-box" ProTools approach to a situation where I'm using more and more hardware. I'm...

pieter
replies: 12 views: 2,511
barforama 21st June 2004

Hi, I got an offer regarding AKG BX-10. Did a little research on the net and found out that there are probably two versions, the...

Petr
replies: 2 views: 4,788
Petr 21st June 2004

Anybody have any expierience with the gigapulse plug-in? Is it any better than the SIR ????

rynugz007
replies: 0 views: 830
rynugz007 21st June 2004

I'm in the market for a nice, but not too expensive stereo bus eq. I've used and enjoyed the Avalon 2055, Massenberg 8200, Manley...

kenandrews
replies: 7 views: 3,563
Fletcher 21st June 2004

The father of British EQ deserves all of our respects on this fine Father's Day!fuuck...

warhead
replies: 6 views: 1,963
Tim 21st June 2004

Mike, you talked a bit about how you want sessions delivered, and mentioned that your assistant preps them for you. Could you...

Dave Martin
replies: 17 views: 3,750
alphajerk 21st June 2004

I'm going to spend summer holiday redesigning our studio. As a part of the redesign, I've ordered an Argosy console for our...

steins
replies: 8 views: 4,734
Phunkeman 20th June 2004

I guess this question basicaly aplies to all tube mics but in this case I am having trouble with my rode NTK. The signal seems...

Hiwatt
replies: 3 views: 816
RaGe 20th June 2004

speakers

Ok , most everyone here (well an awful lot a people) seem to absolutly love the Adam's....so..what's the big deal?....I'm so...

Mike Shipley
replies: 82 views: 11,015
thethrillfactor 20th June 2004

I´ve got a small but nice project studio. My room is appr. 4.2mx2.7mx2.6m (LxWxH) and it is acoustically treated. Would the...

dalachriser
replies: 9 views: 2,872
matucha 20th June 2004

Hello Mike, How do you apporoach drums? especially overheads. Do you work a lot with close miking and use the overheads only...

Froombosch
replies: 20 views: 4,072
LTA 20th June 2004

Mike, I am interested in how you approach building a mix. It seems that every heavyweight mixer has a different way. What...

MJGreene Audio
replies: 12 views: 4,581
Oldone 20th June 2004

I'm moving into a larger room and I have about $2000 to spend on room treatment. I already have Auralex in my smaller room and I...

spiderdragon
replies: 14 views: 13,832
Mantra 20th June 2004

The winner will be announced here on Friday at 5pm UK time. Thanks for entering, good luck.

Oliver (KMR)
replies: 30 views: 5,219
jazzius II 20th June 2004

I've currently got a G5 and Motu 2408 mk2 upgrade on order which seems to be taking forever to arrive, due to my supplier having...

steve crittall
replies: 0 views: 1,224
steve crittall 20th June 2004

Does anyone know of any U87 clone mics - and who makes them etc? Cheers, thumbsup Tom

pomtarr
replies: 14 views: 9,191
chessparov 19th June 2004

the new macs are out today. some things are better, we didn't get everything we wanted. seems like mixed news.

pounce
replies: 5 views: 1,697
bee 19th June 2004

I´d like to do a fast, cheap treatment of my recording space. I have to do this within the next 4 days due to a drum...

artapril
replies: 4 views: 1,887
Ethan Winer 19th June 2004

I need to interface a Cranesong HEDD 192 to my RME Digiface and with the SPDIF connections already accounted for, I'm looking at...

bassbug
replies: 7 views: 1,253
robdarling 19th June 2004

My head hurts . . . maybe you guys can help me get a grip on what I need. Right now, I primarily want to record high-quality...

tuco
replies: 0 views: 1,141
tuco 19th June 2004

OK.. I asked this question again because I meant to ask it differently.... I must of been snoozing while typing last night. I...

Nevelicious
replies: 10 views: 1,618
Yannick 19th June 2004

Spent a couple of hours last night at the studio where I used to be a partner with one of the two remaining partners and a...

hollywood_steve
replies: 0 views: 2,076
hollywood_steve 19th June 2004

Ok .....its summer and the studio is a bit slow....so i stroll over to GC to try out an extra practice amp.I decided to try out...

ron florentine
replies: 8 views: 2,110
KBOY 19th June 2004

Mike, First off, thanks so much for sharing your experience and stories. It has been very inspiring and inspirational to read,...

camitchell
replies: 1 views: 3,421
Joe Jacob 19th June 2004

I've had the privelage of using the pcp the last few weeks and its great. I'm done with the band and the guitarist regretfully...

Bang
replies: 0 views: 1,611
Bang 18th June 2004

Sometimes there are comfortable furnitures wihich provide nice position with a guitar in your hand. Unfortunately, never in my...

Ruphus
replies: 18 views: 2,357
Dr. Picker 18th June 2004

What would you do? What would make the crucial list of gear? This studio will need 16 I/O and be doing Rap, Rock, Jazz etc. Cant...

Nevelicious
replies: 5 views: 1,484
Jim Williams 18th June 2004

Someone locally told me they had a 160VU that was cream colored, but I dont know enough about the history of them to know if he...

AlanTide
replies: 1 views: 820
MIKEHARRIS 18th June 2004

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search